USMB Coffee Shop IV

Nope, nope, nope, regular surgery is basically saying you will need another surgery. Nope.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

outdoor-lighting.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

About all I use my deep fryer for is chicken.
I pressure cook drum sticks or wings till just about done (12 minutes) then coat in a batter of 1 cup milk, 2 cups flour, 2 eggs, 2 tbsp shortening, salt to taste and a good bit of poultry seasoning. I use about a tsp/ cup of flour. I mix up the batter and let it sit while the oil heats up. (I heat my oil to 400 *) and the pressure cooker does its thing. When I'm about ready to go, I add 1stp of baking soda/cup of flour to the batter. Adjust milk to get the consistency of the batter about like a pancake batter, dip the chicken and fry to golden brown. It comes out nice and moist and tastes like chicken with the stuffing on the outside.
It's even great cold.

It's all a matter of taste I think. While yours is almost certainly delicious, I don't want my chicken batter to be flavored with anything other than salt and pepper so that the full goodness of fried chicken comes through--and i want it to be light with just the right amount of light crispy crunch that protects the moistness of the perfectly cooked chicken inside. The trick is to have the oil just the right temp when the battered chicken is introduced--can't cook too long or too quickly and get the perfect results.
I'll probably have to experiment with different batters for chicken, watch a few youtube video on deep frying chicken, read a few recipe websites, and your's sounded good as well, Ernie.

And another reason I bought this particular deep fryer was because it has temperature controls and a digital temp display. I agree, Ff, that the oil temp is crucial to get the best results. I've heard that over and over.

Well, I had my camera but it didn't work. Dead batteries. Sigh. So..tomorrow!
I hate it when that happens, so I bought two extra batteries for my Canon. Went to a local tourist attraction with the son and his woman the other day, had the Canon all ready with the two extra batteries in pocket, went to take the first picture and... NO SD CARD INSTALLED! Spoiled my entire day... so I have invested in a SECOND SD card to keep in the case with the camera, in case I forget and leave one in the COMPUTER again.

The kid is GOOD.
Our latest "projects" have a little dog and leave the AC in the guest cottage on so they don't come home to a frankfurter.Angel called this morning horrified the "Baby Girl" would need mustard and relish by 6 when she gets home.
I went over and got the dog. My 3 males were actually pretty good with her.
Then I took the inside cover off the unit.
Red flashing LED! That looks bad. I start a web search and find a guy who "may be able" to answer my question for $32.
I kept looking. I found an RV forum where I read a post thatt says. "Red LED good, flashing green LED, get out your check book.
DAYUM the unit is about $800 to replace. Look some more including the search term green LED flashes 5 times.

Come to find out, the Carrier unit has a self protection routine. If is senses line voltage dipping below 108 VAC for longer than 1 minute or on 3 shorter occasions, it goes into safe mode. I simply had to disconnect the 12 VDC control circuit for 30 seconds and everything is cool. (literally)
Dropping voltage... hmmm... wonder if that would be coming off the pole or out of your breaker box?

Morning !
Happy Wednesday.
Gotta go to town a little later to do our monthly stock up of grocery shopping.
Senior Citizen discount first Wednesday of every month.

funny-animals-41.jpg

I'm so bummed. I can't sleep. I must have had coffee too close to bedtime. :uhoh3: It's almost 3 a.m. now, and I am going to have a hell of day tomorrow.
That's been the norm for me for a while now. Been trying to switch back to going to bed early but since I'm a natural night owl it's difficult.

Did you get your CPAP mask yet?

I feel fine right now, but I know later on today when I'm working is when the tiredness is going to creep up on me. That sucks. Lol. :D I might have to take a nappy during my break or something.

I'm so bummed. I can't sleep. I must have had coffee too close to bedtime. :uhoh3: It's almost 3 a.m. now, and I am going to have a hell of day tomorrow.
That's been the norm for me for a while now. Been trying to switch back to going to bed early but since I'm a natural night owl it's difficult.

I feel fine right now, but I know later on today when I'm working is when the tiredness is going to creep up on me. That sucks. Lol. :D I might have to take a nappy during my break or something.
Not yet, checked last Friday with VA, the study report has not been "scanned into" my file yet........ Was told to call every week to check....... Not happy with them right now......

Not yet, checked last Friday with VA, the study report has not been "scanned into" my file yet........ Was told to call every week to check....... Not happy with them right now......

Geez, they sure are taking their sweet old time.

I got my latest book in the post today. Its called ' true and faithful relation of what passed for many years between Dr John Dee and some spirits'. It is a scan of the original book dated 1659 and it will be a hard read as it is in old type face, and old English.
It was published by Kessinger reprints who have a large catalogue of interesting old books they have reprinted.

Kessinger Publishing s Rare Esoteric Reprint Catalog and Order Form

Edit, I just found an original 1659 copy was recently sold in an auction. It was sold for £2000. My new reprinted copy cost £20. That's two zeros less.

Last edited:
Morning !
Happy Wednesday.
Gotta go to town a little later to do our monthly stock up of grocery shopping.
Senior Citizen discount first Wednesday of every month.

funny-animals-41.jpg
Looks like that ole boy would kinda like to get at the girls... :lol:

The kid is GOOD.
Our latest "projects" have a little dog and leave the AC in the guest cottage on so they don't come home to a frankfurter.Angel called this morning horrified the "Baby Girl" would need mustard and relish by 6 when she gets home.
I went over and got the dog. My 3 males were actually pretty good with her.
Then I took the inside cover off the unit.
Red flashing LED! That looks bad. I start a web search and find a guy who "may be able" to answer my question for $32.
I kept looking. I found an RV forum where I read a post thatt says. "Red LED good, flashing green LED, get out your check book.
DAYUM the unit is about $800 to replace. Look some more including the search term green LED flashes 5 times.

Come to find out, the Carrier unit has a self protection routine. If is senses line voltage dipping below 108 VAC for longer than 1 minute or on 3 shorter occasions, it goes into safe mode. I simply had to disconnect the 12 VDC control circuit for 30 seconds and everything is cool. (literally)
Dropping voltage... hmmm... wonder if that would be coming off the pole or out of your breaker box?
It's definitely not my panel or wiring. Electrical storms...

Good morning all. My last day of leisure for awhile--I'm not allowed to cook or vacuum or lift over 5 lbs for the rest of today. Gonna enjoy guilt free loafing while it lasts. :)

Forum List

Back