USMB Coffee Shop IV

so becki hasn't been here at all?

No. She had taken a bad fall that broke several bones in her face and probably caused some other problems and was handling that in typical stoic good natured freedombecki fashion, but I suspected at some point she would have to have at least some minor surgery. But then in mid July last year she had posted her usual matter-of-fact posting about her latest quilting project and was active on one of the religion threads and then she abruptly vanished and has not posted since. So we have no explanation for her departure or what might have happened. She has not responded to PMs or e-mails. And not knowing her real name or even the Texas town she hailed from, we are pretty well at an impasse to find out anything. I am very concerned and miss her terribly.
damn, too bad. I hope she is ok

Would the staff be able to contact her, do you think, Foxy?

They would likely have the same e-mail address I have. So if she isn't responding to e-mail. . . . And they couldn't do that for us anyway--they are honor bound to keep our real names, addresses etc.confidential.

Well, I have been up since 5.30 AM and I have been attempting to raise consciousness on the religion forum.

Morning Save and most of us, afternoon Dajjal, and good evening Noomi, if you're reading in today. Getting some wash done and tie up some loose ends here at home. Off to the hospital this afternoon for a pre-op work up - EKG and all that - to get the green light for surgery next Thursday.. I'll probably be out of commission for at least a full week and I'm going to need all our regular folks to keep the Coffee Shop going, greet any newbies, and keep the home fire burning and all that.

Morning Save and most of us, afternoon Dajjal, and good evening Noomi, if you're reading in today. Getting some wash done and tie up some loose ends here at home. Off to the hospital this afternoon for a pre-op work up - EKG and all that - to get the green light for surgery next Thursday.. I'll probably be out of commission for at least a full week and I'm going to need all our regular folks to keep the Coffee Shop going, greet any newbies, and keep the home fire burning and all that.
All the best with your procedure, I hope you are back soon.

All the best with your procedure, I hope you are back soon.

Thanks, but I'll be here for another week until next Thursday and THEN I'll be out of commission for a week or so.

Morning

funny-animals-1017.jpg

I really don't think Ringel needs to be starting fires. ;)

Maybe we can just have a BBQ?

Good luck, sweetie! I hope everything goes well! :smiliehug: I hope you make a fast and full recovery. I'll try to post here at least once whenever I'm online. :)

He won't do it. He likes being in his mancave watching netflix or hunting for stuff on craigslist or working on his scrap pile in the back yard. It's a weird relationship. But, it works for us.
If I build one...I will have to do it myself with asking him questions now and then and if I get a grunt, its a good sign I'd be doing it right.
I have a friend in Wyoming that has one. But it's HUGE. I think she took it down, and if she did..maybe she will sell it to me.
Someday I hope to acquire one, maybe two Gypsy Vanners and then build and decorate a Vardo wagon for them. It would be a great way to go camping. A little more portable than a tipi...or, maybe not.
I want a gyspy wagon, lol. But, I make do with what I got. It suits me. Wish it was a smidge taller, but....oh well.
Cool, you know what a vardo wagon is! I like all the designs but the Reading type vardo is generally lighter and the way the wheels are set up makes it better suited for more rugged terrain.
Vargo is gypsy is bohemian is hippie. All the same to me, lol.
I loved my conversion van. LOVED it. Tall enough to move around better, room for a tiny sink and stove, plenty of storage, etc. But...it was a lemon. Now I have the Town & Country, no seats, and a pleasure to drive but still a smidge cramped. I COULD live in it if I needed to. Just open the side door and add a tent.
But..I'd sure love to have a gypsy wagon. Maybe in another life where I have plenty of moola.

bac1c227350445f7ce9dbed547d34f8a.jpg
You don't really need moola, just a knack for finding bargains and crafting things for yourself, both talents I perceive you have. You don't even need to have horses to pull it, there are designs that accommodate using a car or small truck. Mostly, you need different wheels and suspension. I love the stove, by-the-way! There are even companies that specialize in stoves suited to such uses.

Good luck, Foxy! I'll be watching for your safe and happy return.

Good luck Foxy! Yes...the CS will be fine and all will be well and all will be well (from some S. King book, I think). :)
You take care of you, ok?
Hugs

I think I can pull a small trailer with my van. It's a v6, so maybe a tiny little one that can host stuff that won't fit in the van. That might be my next project. Finding a mini trailer. Even one of those vintage egg shaped ones might be kinda cool. :)

I think I can pull a small trailer with my van. It's a v6, so maybe a tiny little one that can host stuff that won't fit in the van. That might be my next project. Finding a mini trailer. Even one of those vintage egg shaped ones might be kinda cool. :)
Those do look neat, and they are laid out quite efficiently. Those vardos actually look a lot like a cab-over camper you might load onto a pickup truck, only lots more artistic.

The truck is a 4 banger and can't pull shit. So..we have to use my van. Acutally, I COULD live in my van quite easily. But if anything happened to Mr Gracie....then I would sell his truck, buy a thingybob that clamps on the top of my van for extra storage space, and live IN the van. I'd bebop up to Monterey, Big Sur, maybe even oregon or washington. Heck, I could go anywhere I want to. Sleep in motel area streets so it looks like I am a guest....shower at beaches with bathrooms with showers, use a hibachi for cooking on nice days and nights or just hit fast food joints for breakfast since I don't usually eat dinner anyway. Yes. I could do it. Did it before when I had my VW bus back in 1970. No reason I couldn't do it again. :)

Forum List

Back