USMB Coffee Shop IV

He won't do it. He likes being in his mancave watching netflix or hunting for stuff on craigslist or working on his scrap pile in the back yard. It's a weird relationship. But, it works for us.
If I build one...I will have to do it myself with asking him questions now and then and if I get a grunt, its a good sign I'd be doing it right.
I have a friend in Wyoming that has one. But it's HUGE. I think she took it down, and if she did..maybe she will sell it to me.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

odd_houses11.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Well yipee yiyo cow patty, look what the UPS guy just dropped off... the new Dewalt DWE7491RS table saw... Christmas continues...

20150819_104109_zpsyvtey2jx.jpg
I gots one of those...I luvs mine. Just be careful to use a pusher when doing close cutting.
No worries, pard, I've been using this sort of equipment the majority of my life.

One thing I was very unhappy about was the miter gauge is a total piece of crap. Pretty disappointing for an $800 saw. Yes it's in the portable category, but that's no reason to just give up on that. The rest of it is nice, everything stows away cool, but the miter gauge is a totally pathetic, plastic piece of junk that wobbles around in the table slot. It's virtually impossible to get consistent, accurate miter cuts. Very disappointing. I see there's after market ones so that's what I plan to do, buy a better one.

By issues you mean correcting misinformed people that should know better?

More like dealing with stubborn, clueless people who are certain I am an idiot. And these issues were with real life idiots, not those that sometimes act that way on the internet. :)

But we did get it worked out and I'm all better this morning. Will leave for Rio Rancho and the consult with the surgeon shortly. Anxious to keep this process moving forward and get it over with so I can enjoy a great fall and Holiday season.

so becki hasn't been here at all?

No. She had taken a bad fall that broke several bones in her face and probably caused some other problems and was handling that in typical stoic good natured freedombecki fashion, but I suspected at some point she would have to have at least some minor surgery. But then in mid July last year she had posted her usual matter-of-fact posting about her latest quilting project and was active on one of the religion threads and then she abruptly vanished and has not posted since. So we have no explanation for her departure or what might have happened. She has not responded to PMs or e-mails. And not knowing her real name or even the Texas town she hailed from, we are pretty well at an impasse to find out anything. I am very concerned and miss her terribly.

At one time, I had found a copy of a book she had written about quilting and did have her full name. I have searched for that book repeatedly since she disappeared without luck.

Late night last night. I needed coffee to last until 4AM so didn't get to sleep until about 6:30 and was up about 10:30. I'll be at Doc's til about midnight tonight, so I'll be dragging by then.
Y'all have a great day!

Amazingly I went to bed early last night, around 10:30 so I was up early. Was able to catch the pool guy, was wondering why I was having to brush the pool every two to three days so we checked for phosphates..... not super high but high enough to block the chlorine from working effectively.
The wife drinks diet Mountain Dew in the 16 oz bottles only, I've been looking for the last two weeks and everyone I normally go to is always out. Finally remembered a Walmart Neighborhood store just a couple of miles away, sure enough they were fully stocked. Talked with the manager and he told me he would make sure they stay fully stocked..... :thup:
When I went to load the groceries in the back of the Prius I discovered two six-packs of my Coke Zero I had neglected to take out...... Weeelllll, with the heat and the bouncing around while driving most of the bottle has "leaked"....... The removable carpet pad is now drying over fence after I sprayed it clean......

Thankfully, I've never cut myself with any power tools. :D I don't really use any power tools, so that probably helps too. Lol. I'm kind of intimidated by things like chippers, to be honest. :lol:
OK, now y'all are making me nervous. I'm borrowing a buddy's chipper to clear some of the slash around my place without having to burn the slash...

Don't get sucked in! :lol:

He won't do it. He likes being in his mancave watching netflix or hunting for stuff on craigslist or working on his scrap pile in the back yard. It's a weird relationship. But, it works for us.
If I build one...I will have to do it myself with asking him questions now and then and if I get a grunt, its a good sign I'd be doing it right.
I have a friend in Wyoming that has one. But it's HUGE. I think she took it down, and if she did..maybe she will sell it to me.
Someday I hope to acquire one, maybe two Gypsy Vanners and then build and decorate a Vardo wagon for them. It would be a great way to go camping. A little more portable than a tipi...or, maybe not.

Thankfully, I've never cut myself with any power tools. :D I don't really use any power tools, so that probably helps too. Lol. I'm kind of intimidated by things like chippers, to be honest. :lol:
OK, now y'all are making me nervous. I'm borrowing a buddy's chipper to clear some of the slash around my place without having to burn the slash...

Planning to avoid that at all costs.

Someday I hope to acquire one, maybe two Gypsy Vanners and then build and decorate a Vardo wagon for them. It would be a great way to go camping. A little more portable than a tipi...or, maybe not.
I want a gyspy wagon, lol. But, I make do with what I got. It suits me. Wish it was a smidge taller, but....oh well.

Well yipee yiyo cow patty, look what the UPS guy just dropped off... the new Dewalt DWE7491RS table saw... Christmas continues...

20150819_104109_zpsyvtey2jx.jpg
I gots one of those...I luvs mine. Just be careful to use a pusher when doing close cutting.
No worries, pard, I've been using this sort of equipment the majority of my life.

One thing I was very unhappy about was the miter gauge is a total piece of crap. Pretty disappointing for an $800 saw. Yes it's in the portable category, but that's no reason to just give up on that. The rest of it is nice, everything stows away cool, but the miter gauge is a totally pathetic, plastic piece of junk that wobbles around in the table slot. It's virtually impossible to get consistent, accurate miter cuts. Very disappointing. I see there's after market ones so that's what I plan to do, buy a better one.
The miter gauge on mine is aluminum and works pretty well. I've never had any complaints. Cut all the gusset angles for the gambrel roof I built last summer and they all turned out like they'd been cut with a cookie cutter.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Ya know...Tiny Houses are the big new fad now. So if Tiny Homes can be dragged around on a trailer, why not a gypsy wagon? Those horses are gorgeous!

I want a gyspy wagon, lol. But, I make do with what I got. It suits me. Wish it was a smidge taller, but....oh well.
Cool, you know what a vardo wagon is! I like all the designs but the Reading type vardo is generally lighter and the way the wheels are set up makes it better suited for more rugged terrain.

Ya know...Tiny Houses are the big new fad now. So if Tiny Homes can be dragged around on a trailer, why not a gypsy wagon? Those horses are gorgeous!
Some of the most beautiful horses around, IMHO. They can be pretty high maintenance, keeping all the feather clean and dry. I'd probably bind up most of that hair during the winter.
As far as I can tell, a typical vardo has about as much space a modest cab-over camper. I've lived in one of those for several months are one time.

Planning to avoid that at all costs.

Lol!

b8c4e2b81c1cd46a2afde7851be48b360072f73b9762ad35937c6c06ed3d7f7e.jpg

Cool, you know what a vardo wagon is! I like all the designs but the Reading type vardo is generally lighter and the way the wheels are set up makes it better suited for more rugged terrain.
Vargo is gypsy is bohemian is hippie. All the same to me, lol.
I loved my conversion van. LOVED it. Tall enough to move around better, room for a tiny sink and stove, plenty of storage, etc. But...it was a lemon. Now I have the Town & Country, no seats, and a pleasure to drive but still a smidge cramped. I COULD live in it if I needed to. Just open the side door and add a tent.
But..I'd sure love to have a gypsy wagon. Maybe in another life where I have plenty of moola.

bac1c227350445f7ce9dbed547d34f8a.jpg

Forum List

Back