USMB Coffee Shop IV

So, the tree trimmer guy finally shows up and I show him what I want cut down, two old trees behind the shop, one big old tree beside the house, one massive old Maple next to the road that has five main stems to it, and I'm sure he counted that as five trees, and one tall, skinny chinese elm... TWENTY TWO HUNDRED BUCKS! I have a couple logger friends that I could call but, the majority of this job is going to require a bucket truck, and this guy has one. The two old trees behind the shop have huge limbs overhanging the metal roof. They have to be tied off before cut so that they don't fall and poke a hole in my roof, and the old tree next to the house has one big limb overhanging the house roof that needs the same treatment, so I guess there's no getting out of it. Just suck it up, pay it and have it done.

Ouch. That's painful though. We were lucky. Had an ENORMOUS old apple tree in the back yard that was a royal pain and because it created such a mess for both us and the neighbors finally decided to have it removed. Found a guy who would take it out and remove it in return for keeping the apple wood--prime fireplace wood around here. So it didn't cost us anything. But because firewood is probably much more plentiful in your area, that probably would be an option for your trees.
Yeah I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. If these trees weren't around anything I could just cut them down myself, but they're next to buildings, overhanging roofs, near power lines and along the road, so I'm stuck. It has to be done by someone with a bucket truck, and besides, they have the massive, industrial sized chipper/shredder. The price includes cutting down and removing everything. All I'll have to do is get another buddy of mine over with his stump grinder.

But you're right, $2,200 is a LOT of money. If I was 40 years younger I'd go into the tree trimming business. Damn good money and never out of work. This guy told me he works 7 days a week and can't keep up.
love the flag
Good to see you stop in, Bro.

Life is good here in Wisconsin, hope everything is good over there on the east coast.

Okay I haven't gone out of my way to frustrate you guys for awhile, so here is today's IQ quiz: In the unlikely event that somebody actually wants to solve this himself/herself, if you report the answer, warn that it is a spoiler and put your answer far down in the post. :)

11866288_1642264646030555_4990601059072071538_n.jpg

I know the answer . . .

That person doesn't know how to do math. :D

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Strange-House-16.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I would live there, at least for a few weeks. :D

Foxfyre

Hey Foxy spent the weekend with Sherry. Did some recording with her son. I actually like these two. Tell me what ya think? I suspect you are a lot more musically knowlwdgeable than you let on. :)

I really enjoyed them a lot WQ. . .love your song choices too--we share much of the same taste in easy listening/ballads and at least Sherry and I enjoy your singing voice.

Thanks for the kind words. I do know a lot about music though I am not a professional. . . .choir, band, and orchestra all through school including college, taught my kid piano until he caught up with me (within a year) and passed me so I had to turn him over to a more competent instructor. Directed church choir for years as well as directed a community show choir that performed here and there and have enjoyed singing with various community choirs over the years. I once considered a music minor but my piano skills are pretty marginal and the instructor tactfully told me that when you make a "C" in applied music, you probably should consider a different career. :)

(I know how Salieri must have felt--having the desire to be a great composer but lacking the gift to be one.)

I figured. :) A lot more knowledge than you originally acknowledged. Yeah....I started playing piano years ago and was mediocre at best. I more or less gave it up, but I took to guitar like a fish in water. I was a music minor in college, which helped a lot.

Sherry wants me to teach her piano basics. I think she would be better than me. A project for the future.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I thought it was harder to play the guitar than the piano. Or at least the classical finger style guitar. Strumming a few chords is easy, but playing classical music is a struggle. For one thing there are so many positions up and down the fret board where the same notes appear, and you have to master that before you can play difficult pieces.

Yeah....I play classical as well. I try to play everything on as many frets as possible. :) The standard positions often sound better up the neck. This is a classical piece I wrote recently. Let me know what you think. :)

Surprising that you can actually write your own stuff, its not bad. I could never write anything musical, but I used to paint pictures.

Morning

We had one heck of a lighting and thunder show last night.
It really rained hard most of the night.
84 yesterday with 84% humidity.
It felt like I was back in Tulsa Oklahoma.
This is the desert we are not suppose to be a wet heat. Jeez !!!!

funny-animals-1100.jpg

:lmao:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Foxfyre

Hey Foxy spent the weekend with Sherry. Did some recording with her son. I actually like these two. Tell me what ya think? I suspect you are a lot more musically knowlwdgeable than you let on. :)

I really enjoyed them a lot WQ. . .love your song choices too--we share much of the same taste in easy listening/ballads and at least Sherry and I enjoy your singing voice.

Thanks for the kind words. I do know a lot about music though I am not a professional. . . .choir, band, and orchestra all through school including college, taught my kid piano until he caught up with me (within a year) and passed me so I had to turn him over to a more competent instructor. Directed church choir for years as well as directed a community show choir that performed here and there and have enjoyed singing with various community choirs over the years. I once considered a music minor but my piano skills are pretty marginal and the instructor tactfully told me that when you make a "C" in applied music, you probably should consider a different career. :)

(I know how Salieri must have felt--having the desire to be a great composer but lacking the gift to be one.)

I figured. :) A lot more knowledge than you originally acknowledged. Yeah....I started playing piano years ago and was mediocre at best. I more or less gave it up, but I took to guitar like a fish in water. I was a music minor in college, which helped a lot.

Sherry wants me to teach her piano basics. I think she would be better than me. A project for the future.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I thought it was harder to play the guitar than the piano. Or at least the classical finger style guitar. Strumming a few chords is easy, but playing classical music is a struggle. For one thing there are so many positions up and down the fret board where the same notes appear, and you have to master that before you can play difficult pieces.

Yeah....I play classical as well. I try to play everything on as many frets as possible. :) The standard positions often sound better up the neck. This is a classical piece I wrote recently. Let me know what you think. :)

Surprising that you can actually write your own stuff, its not bad. I could never write anything musical, but I used to paint pictures.

Lot's of music theory in College. :)

Morning

funny-animals-1100.jpg

Heavy rain on the east side of town close to the mountain early evening here too but it didn't come over our place. There was one clap of thunder and ONLY one clap of thunder at our house. And the lightning must have hit us or was very close because the thunder was so loud it sounded like the house was coming down around our ears. We had no idea there were any storms close by so it was unexpected and we both came right out of our chairs. I said a bad word.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Strange-House-16.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

It's a small fish restaurant in Zanzibar.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,

Strange-House-16.jpg

For real? I had no idea.

I was a little disappointed nobody commented on the place I showed night before last though. That is a destination house for tours here in Albuquerque--the home of a local architect who designed and built it. It is fascinating and quite lavish inside but I've never seen any photos of the interior on the internet. Locals call it the Spaceship House or the Bug House.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,

Strange-House-16.jpg

For real? I had no idea.

I was a little disappointed nobody commented on the place I showed night before last though. That is a destination house for tours here in Albuquerque--the home of a local architect who designed and built it. It is fascinating and quite lavish inside but I've never seen any photos of the interior on the internet. Locals call it the Spaceship House or the Bug House.
I missed it. :dunno:

I looked up the little house, that's what google said it was.

Morning

funny-animals-1100.jpg

Heavy rain on the east side of town close to the mountain early evening here too but it didn't come over our place. There was one clap of thunder and ONLY one clap of thunder at our house. And the lightning must have hit us or was very close because the thunder was so loud it sounded like the house was coming down around our ears. We had no idea there were any storms close by so it was unexpected and we both came right out of our chairs. I said a bad word.

We had several of those right above our house last night. :)

Morning

funny-animals-1100.jpg

Okay, I think we can set you up with a humidity intolerance condition and then apply for some type of energy credit on your a/c. Checking on all the forms and procedures.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,

Strange-House-16.jpg

For real? I had no idea.

Here is one
article-2464159-18CA9E9A00000578-432_964x542.jpg

The Rock, Zanzibar is a one-of-a-kind restaurant located on a rock in the middle of the Indian Ocean off of Zanzibar Island.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...869&thid=JN.miAqeSEDJb24UWln0iVDWw&ajaxhist=0

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,

Strange-House-16.jpg

For real? I had no idea.

Here is one

The Rock, Zanzibar is a one-of-a-kind restaurant located on a rock in the middle of the Indian Ocean off of Zanzibar Island.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...869&thid=JN.miAqeSEDJb24UWln0iVDWw&ajaxhist=0

From the outside it doesn't look like it could be so spacious inside. But how fun would it be to visit a place like that and have lunch?

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,

Strange-House-16.jpg

For real? I had no idea.

Here is one

From the outside it doesn't look like it could be so spacious inside. But how fun would it be to visit a place like that and have lunch?

Based on this pic of the staff and cooks it does not look all that big really.
Nine people for staff means it can't be all that big.
It does look like it would be fun to go and see and have lunch or dinner there.

The-rock-restaurant-zanzibar-4.jpg

Forum List

Back