USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. Was just reading over the posts from last night through this morning. . . .

First a ((hug)) to Stat as he comforts a colleague and friend in time of tragedy. That is tough duty, and so many of us seem to have gone through that lately.

And a ((hug)) to Ringel and the Mrs. I don't know why bad things happen to good people, but dealing with Hombre's cancer these last several months, I know that a positive attitude and faith help, but the waiting, the worry, the treatment itself it is difficult even when the prognosis is excellent.

Hombre once said there was something about holding a hammer that makes you feel like you can build anything. But ya'll left WD40 out of the essential tools list. The recipe: if it doesn't move and should use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. And if it doesn't work, hit it with the hammer.

I'm thinking BBD is pretty excited about that RV too and I'm tickled for him and the Mrs.

Hope Sheila gets a good report on her foot today and congrats to TK on great success in his self improvement project. I'm pondering a system in which a raise means you get your hours cut? Pretty hard to get ahead.

Good to see that Mal stopped by. You should do that more often.

I can just imagine how much fun it would be to be GW's family and enjoy an extended visit with the goats and all the splendor of Alaska. And I know he's enjoying them too.

Carrie Underwood is an amazing person and entertainer. It was once said about Karen Carpenter of the Carpenters that she was a musical genius--simply never ever had to do a second take when recording a song because she just never ever made a mistake. I think Carrie has that special gift too--she just never gets it wrong, ever.

And I've pondered it and thought about it, and I don't KNOW what that halo on the Google octupus is all about. :(

All sorts of bad news is cropping up today. Just came from my wife's doctor (who did the fibroid removal). The big one didn't feel right so it was sent to Pueblo then on to the Mayo Clinic for testing. Confirmed she has Leiomyosarcoma, a rare form of cancer. She will have an appt up in Denver this week with the Gynecological Oncologist to schedule a full hysterectomy for staging (to determine which stage the cancer is in). Her surgeon down here says, other than the fibroids, everything looked normal and believes it is stage one so the hysterectomy should take care of it. Hoping and praying that's the case.

Dang, Ringel! I certainly hope that the doc has it right and they've caught this early. You and your family have been through so much the past few years, it's about time you caught a break. Good luck, best thoughts coming your way.

Went to the VA yesterday for my annual GERD and Barretts Esophagus checkup. They are scheduling a further exam at a local Charlotte hospital because of the condition. As of yesterday I am forbidden to eat or drink my favorite nutrional supplements. No more Snickers, honeybuns, pecan pie, cakes, cookies, candy bars.........hell, the entire candy and pastry aisles in Walmart. I will somehow manage to survive but it won't be easy.I can have all the PB&J I want but it won't be the same as an Almond Joy. And worst of all, the ultimate insult------no coffee. Dammit.

Went to the VA yesterday for my annual GERD and Barretts Esophagus checkup. They are scheduling a further exam at a local Charlotte hospital because of the condition. As of yesterday I am forbidden to eat or drink my favorite nutrional supplements. No more Snickers, honeybuns, pecan pie, cakes, cookies, candy bars.........hell, the entire candy and pastry aisles in Walmart. I will somehow manage to survive but it won't be easy.I can have all the PB&J I want but it won't be the same as an Almond Joy. And worst of all, the ultimate insult------no coffee. Dammit.

Geez Hossfly. I have a couple of loved ones who developed Barretts due to severe GERD but they were treated with Nexium and by going easier on the worst offenders, but they weren't prescribed anything as restrictive as all that. They both had severe cases and in both cases their Barretts was completely cured with treatment and went away. Is it possible for you to get a second opinion?

Good morning everybody. Was just reading over the posts from last night through this morning. . . .

First a ((hug)) to Stat as he comforts a colleague and friend in time of tragedy. That is tough duty, and so many of us seem to have gone through that lately.

And a ((hug)) to Ringel and the Mrs. I don't know why bad things happen to good people, but dealing with Hombre's cancer these last several months, I know that a positive attitude and faith help, but the waiting, the worry, the treatment itself it is difficult even when the prognosis is excellent.

Hombre once said there was something about holding a hammer that makes you feel like you can build anything. But ya'll left WD40 out of the essential tools list. The recipe: if it doesn't move and should use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. And if it doesn't work, hit it with the hammer.

I'm thinking BBD is pretty excited about that RV too and I'm tickled for him and the Mrs.

Hope Sheila gets a good report on her foot today and congrats to TK on great success in his self improvement project. I'm pondering a system in which a raise means you get your hours cut? Pretty hard to get ahead.

I can just imagine how much fun it would be to be GW's family and enjoy an extended visit with the goats and all the splendor of Alaska. And I know he's enjoying them too.

Carrie Underwood is an amazing person and entertainer. It was once said about Karen Carpenter of the Carpenters that she was a musical genius--simply never ever had to do a second take when recording a song because she just never ever made a mistake. I think Carrie has that special gift too--she just never gets it wrong, ever.

And I've pondered it and thought about it, and I don't KNOW what that halo on the Google octupus is all about. :(

They brought back Paul the octopus who died in 2010 and is in heaven now.
Google Brings Back Paul the Octopus in Its New Doodle

All sorts of bad news is cropping up today. Just came from my wife's doctor (who did the fibroid removal). The big one didn't feel right so it was sent to Pueblo then on to the Mayo Clinic for testing. Confirmed she has Leiomyosarcoma, a rare form of cancer. She will have an appt up in Denver this week with the Gynecological Oncologist to schedule a full hysterectomy for staging (to determine which stage the cancer is in). Her surgeon down here says, other than the fibroids, everything looked normal and believes it is stage one so the hysterectomy should take care of it. Hoping and praying that's the case.

I also had to have a hysterectomy due to fibroids.
I did not have cancer.
Tell them to do it with laser surgery. She will heal much faster and be in less pain than if they use the knife.
Course maybe now days they do them all with laser surgery. :D

Another day dawns. OK, we don't really have dawn or dusk this time of year, we have a short period of twilight between one day and the next. Everyone's still sleeping, although I hear the stirrings of life upstairs. I believe my buddy is coming down for his first coffee of the day. We were all up until midnight playing an epic game of UNO.
Fresh-baked sourdough cinnamon rolls this morning. The little girls get a big kick out of making stuff like that.
Well, company's up. I'll try to pop by later.

Geez Hossfly. I have a couple of loved ones who developed Barretts due to severe GERD but they were treated with Nexium and by going easier on the worst offenders, but they weren't prescribed anything as restrictive as all that. They both had severe cases and in both cases their Barretts was completely cured with treatment and went away. Is it possible for you to get a second opinion?
The 2d opinion at a contractor hospital is what I'm scheduled for and any treatment if necessary. I've taken the maximum dosage of Omeprazole (Nexium) for years but my esophagus has deteriorated to a pre-cancerous state. Plus there's the diverticulitus that catches seeds and stuff. I'm not concerned about cancer but I don't want an operation if medicine and diet can cure it.

Those are interesting nutritional supplements, Hoss. You must have the metabolism of a nuclear reactor. Good luck with that exam, may the outcome be favorable.

The 2d opinion at a contractor hospital is what I'm scheduled for and any treatment if necessary. I've taken the maximum dosage of Omeprazole (Nexium) for years but my esophagus has deteriorated to a pre-cancerous state. Plus there's the diverticulitus that catches seeds and stuff. I'm not concerned about cancer but I don't want an operation if medicine and diet can cure it.

Omeprazole is the generic equivalent of Prilosec. Nexium is somewhat stronger and more effective for some, and, until recently, required a prescription, but I have seen advertisements in the last few weeks that it is now OTC.

Omeprazole is the generic equivalent of Prilosec. Nexium is somewhat stronger and more effective for some, and, until recently, required a prescription, but I have seen advertisements in the last few weeks that it is now OTC.

The higher strength of Omeprazole needs a script too. Only 20mg is OTC.

Speaking of the VA, my doc just put me on Tramadol for chronic pain........ Dayam this is some good stuff........ (Synthetic morphine........) I'm feeling no pain right now...... Maybe I should pick up some whiskey to help wash the next one down.........

Funny, huh?

Now, Mr. BBD. Everyone loves how you love Mrs. BBD. Totally! Especially me, and likely, Mertex. We're just joyful about it, that's all. :lol::lol::lol:

Life's tough when you marry out of your league! Mrs. BBD is "high maintenance". However, I'm up to the task. Sometimes I don't know which I will run out of first, money or sanity!

Just keep in mind -- you can always acquire more money...

Speaking of the VA, my doc just put me on Tramadol for chronic pain........ Dayam this is some good stuff........ (Synthetic morphine........) I'm feeling no pain right now...... Maybe I should pick up some whiskey to help wash the next one down.........

Using traMADol together with ethanol can increase nervous system side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with traMADol. Do not use more than the recommended dose of traMADol, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medication without first talking to your doctor.

Using traMADol together with ethanol can increase nervous system side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with traMADol. Do not use more than the recommended dose of traMADol, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medication without first talking to your doctor.

It was a joke, I don't drink........
Plus my doc knows everything I'm taking, both medicinal, herbal and supplemental. Oh and I have years of medical experience...... :cool:

It was a joke, I don't drink........
Plus my doc knows everything I'm taking, both medicinal, herbal and supplemental. Oh and I have years of medical experience...... :cool:

He's got a very ^^ uh, dry sense of humor. :D

Mrs. BBD is super excited. She wants to get it to the house so she can begin to load it up with all of her stuff. I'm thinking she will be like a hen getting her nest the way she wants it. Just finished talking to the fella that sold us the RV. I was under the impression that all would be required to purchase for the navigation to work would be a CD to load into the system... He mistakenly told me wrong about the navigation. You have to buy this gizmo from Pioneer and then the CD which together would total over $600.00 for navigation. I guess what I will be doing is simply buying a Garmin. It would be a lot less expensive and work just as well. Mrs. BBD and I went to the bank yesterday and got the cashier's check to pay for the RV yesterday. This morning before Mrs. BBD went to quilting down at the church I got the insurance all taken care of. At this point all that is left is to wait until tomorrow morning to go pick it up.

[MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION]

Here's an update on the progress of the Spring flower planting. I said Spring because Summer is still a few days off and I just put the marigolds in last weekend.

IMG_1099-Copy.jpg

Here's a "before and after' on the window boxes:

Before:

imagejpg5.jpg

and after:

IMG_1106.jpg

Plantings around the 'new' tree. Purslane and polka dot plant (I don't remember the name of it, but it looked good in the nursery):

IMG_1095-Copy.jpg

The wee decorative peppers I raised from seed around the new locale for the flag pole:

IMG_1098-Copy.jpg

Sweet potato vines relegated to their own private pouches where they cannot bully other plants around:

IMG_1101.jpg

Window boxes after they were first planted:

imagejpg6.jpg

And today:

IMG_1106.jpg

Mrs. BBD is super excited. She wants to get it to the house so she can begin to load it up with all of her stuff. I'm thinking she will be like a hen getting her nest the way she wants it. Just finished talking to the fella that sold us the RV. I was under the impression that all would be required to purchase for the navigation to work would be a CD to load into the system... He mistakenly told me wrong about the navigation. You have to buy this gizmo from Pioneer and then the CD which together would total over $600.00 for navigation. I guess what I will be doing is simply buying a Garmin. It would be a lot less expensive and work just as well. Mrs. BBD and I went to the bank yesterday and got the cashier's check to pay for the RV yesterday. This morning before Mrs. BBD went to quilting down at the church I got the insurance all taken care of. At this point all that is left is to wait until tomorrow morning to go pick it up.

I've been thinking about getting my own RV, this one's for sale.

jtmnhx.png

Forum List

Back