USMB Coffee Shop IV

400_1178408006_cachorrito-1024x768.jpg

Looks like a lot of bad has happened. I'm so sorry for everyone going through hard times. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Suppose getting the cast off might be too much to hope for at this point?

Busy day here. Went to the bank and got a cashier's check for the new RV that I pick up on Wednesday morning. Took Mrs. BBD out to lunch and then to Walmart. I bought a nice tool kit, a roll of electrician's tape and a roll of duct tape. If you can't fix something with duct tape, it ain't broke. Mrs. BBD on the other hand bought everything under the sun. According to her, we still need a few things. If she keeps buying stuff I'm going to have to buy a bigger RV!

Duct tape can't fix everything, sometimes you need a hammer.

Tool kit has a hammer in it. Also, sometimes chewing gum is useful.

Good Morning, CSers!
Apologies for neglecting the CS lately. It's been busy, busy, busy and I am enjoying the granddaughters as much as I can, packing in years of sharing in a few short weeks. The girls are great, but have been discouraged from many outdoor activities by the hordes of mosquitoes demanding their blood toll. I have outdoor work to do, so I have to put up with them, eating loads of garlic tablets (I'm allergic to DEET). Seems to work well enough.
My daughter took the girls to town over the weekend to visit some of her friends. It was a quiet couple of days, I'll admit. I put a lot of work into the shed project. A friend has come up this weekend and is removing some of the trees close to the cabin. This guy is a godsend because he views killing trees, including digging out the stumps, as some kind of therapy. We feed him well and he gets a kick out of the family interaction and the bloodthirsty little girls playing UNO and Monopoly. The partner is coming in this afternoon and has his project to get done.
Yesterday evening was so 1800s. One of use using a pickax to dig out a spruce stump, I was finishing the evening milking, the granddaughters were hauling water to their mom for washing-up, and the daughter was cooking up a delicious batch of chicken and dumplings. Perfection!
After framing the front wall of the shed, we plan on taking a break and taking the goats on a Nature walk. Instead of collecting specimens, though, we will be collecting pictures of specimens with the camera.
Breakfast is on, we're having what my dad always called a "kitchen sink" scramble. I believe he called it that because it's supposed to have everything except the kitchen sink in it. My daughter says it looks more like what you pull out of the kitchen sink after washing the dishes.
Life is stirring, my time here grows short once more. Enjoy your day, my CS friends.

Thank you for sharing your 1800's summer! :)

Expect for the bloodsuckers it sounds idyllic. So far this summer has been good but I am sure it will eventually come on strong. While we did lose plants from the icy winter those that survived are thriving. They are all much bigger than normal and show signs of sticking around.

Got to go to one of my volunteer meetings this evening. Looks like I might be helping out at another soup kitchen later in the week since they are short handed.

Have a good one, folks.

Thanks.
Enjoy your soup serving sojourn.
Another busy day. Taking a short break, waiting for some sourdough to rise, just started the BBQ grill, waiting for the coals to heat up nicely. We're having a BBQ feast, baked taters, corn-on-the-cob, teriyaki chicken, white wine herbed beef, and a variety of grilled veggies. We will eat like kinks tonight.
Girls went off on the bicycles earlier, were gone what seemed forever. They came back, declared they had found the perfect "secret" hideaway down by the creek and went back afoot. After the daughter and I finished framing up the front wall of the shed and prepping for tomorrow's work, we went down the road to find the girls. They weren't difficult to find, we just followed the giggles and happy girl noises. Personally, I think it's far more beneficial for children to spend the day exploring the woods and creek than hunkered inside with video games or TV. Just me...

Something terrible happened today and I am still chewing on it. Finding it hard to wrap my head around how fast this happened.

A colleague of my, a dear person, called about 20 minutes ago to let me know that her daughter's boyfriend, who was only 23, died very suddenly yesterday.

Apparently, he had breathing problems on Sunday at the breakfast table, was rushed to the hospital, where the docs diagnosed a massive infection in his lungs, and 2 hours later, he was dead.

I have never heard of an infection killing someone this fast. I suppose my colleague will know more when the autopsy is complete. And I know that hospital: it has a stellar rep and an even better ER.

My colleague is just a mess, and understandably so. Her daughter is in pieces right now - the two had planned to marry, if I recall.

I met the young man once, last December, at a function. But I didn't really know him.

Please pray for my colleague - she is a wonderful person, warm, bright, engaging.

Thanks,

Stat

You got it, Stat. I'll be sending my best vibes out for your colleague and her daughter. For whatever reason, the death of a young person or child seems to affect people more adversely because it is so unexpected.

All sorts of bad news is cropping up today. Just came from my wife's doctor (who did the fibroid removal). The big one didn't feel right so it was sent to Pueblo then on to the Mayo Clinic for testing. Confirmed she has Leiomyosarcoma, a rare form of cancer. She will have an appt up in Denver this week with the Gynecological Oncologist to schedule a full hysterectomy for staging (to determine which stage the cancer is in). Her surgeon down here says, other than the fibroids, everything looked normal and believes it is stage one so the hysterectomy should take care of it. Hoping and praying that's the case.

Oh, crap, Ringel! I certainly hope this is only stage One. With all you guys have been through the last few years...
All the best, hope things come out well for you.

All sorts of bad news is cropping up today. Just came from my wife's doctor (who did the fibroid removal). The big one didn't feel right so it was sent to Pueblo then on to the Mayo Clinic for testing. Confirmed she has Leiomyosarcoma, a rare form of cancer. She will have an appt up in Denver this week with the Gynecological Oncologist to schedule a full hysterectomy for staging (to determine which stage the cancer is in). Her surgeon down here says, other than the fibroids, everything looked normal and believes it is stage one so the hysterectomy should take care of it. Hoping and praying that's the case.

Oh, crap, Ringel! I certainly hope this is only stage One. With all you guys have been through the last few years...
All the best, hope things come out well for you.

Not long ago I used to joke that I knew what Job went through..... Maybe I shouldn't have joked about it...... :doubt:

I joined the union today, along with five others.
Last time the union lady came in, people spoke with her, but didn't join up because they were harassed by the boss, who demanded to know what they wanted to speak about. This time she wasn't in, so we went to have a chat. I ended up signing up, its only $6.20 a week and its based on the hours I work per week. It gets taken out of my pay each week and I can claim it all back on tax next year.

I get $40,000 accident cover, discount dentist, health care, movie tickets, car rental, and heaps of other things, too. I'd say I made the right decision.

Plus, we get a pay rise on the 1st of July, and I am willing to bet my hours will be cut because of it. If that happens, I know that I have someone to help me out.

Busy day here. Went to the bank and got a cashier's check for the new RV that I pick up on Wednesday morning. Took Mrs. BBD out to lunch and then to Walmart. I bought a nice tool kit, a roll of electrician's tape and a roll of duct tape. If you can't fix something with duct tape, it ain't broke. Mrs. BBD on the other hand bought everything under the sun. According to her, we still need a few things. If she keeps buying stuff I'm going to have to buy a bigger RV!

You need an RV with a sewing room and stow-along cart for storage of quilt materials, Santa. :D

Will keep your wife and your family in my prayers, that the doctors will be able to get it all and your wife will recover completely in the quickest of time.

My cousin has gone in for surgery today, also. To remove some cells that would become cancer if they were not detected. She is lucky - she will be okay.

You need an RV with a sewing room and stow-along cart for storage of quilt materials, Santa. :D

:lol:

Looks to me you're already setting up some good excuses....:lol:

Today marked a personal best. I've lost 14 lbs in six weeks, 2 in the past 2 weeks. My goal is to be in the 240's by August and in the 220's by Christmas. Taking Apple Cider Vinegar in pill form seems to help me burn fat, for those of you looking for help on your weight loss regimens, consider Apple Cider Vinegar in pill form. It really does help. I'm starting to fit back into my old High School clothes again. I am very pleased with myself, since I never thought I'd ever have the courage to start losing my own weight, but now I find it very easy. Key is to keep it steady, don't overeat or you gain the weight faster than you lost it.

On April 30th I weight 282.4 lbs. Yesterday, June 16th, I was 268.6 lbs.

Last edited:
Something terrible happened today and I am still chewing on it. Finding it hard to wrap my head around how fast this happened.

A colleague of my, a dear person, called about 20 minutes ago to let me know that her daughter's boyfriend, who was only 23, died very suddenly yesterday.

Apparently, he had breathing problems on Sunday at the breakfast table, was rushed to the hospital, where the docs diagnosed a massive infection in his lungs, and 2 hours later, he was dead.

I have never heard of an infection killing someone this fast. I suppose my colleague will know more when the autopsy is complete. And I know that hospital: it has a stellar rep and an even better ER.

My colleague is just a mess, and understandably so. Her daughter is in pieces right now - the two had planned to marry, if I recall.

I met the young man once, last December, at a function. But I didn't really know him.

Please pray for my colleague - she is a wonderful person, warm, bright, engaging.

Thanks,

Stat

That kind of sudden death of someone so young can be devastating. A young lady I worked with had spent most of a year planning her wedding and honeymoon. She died of an aneurysm on her honeymoon. Sometimes there just isn't an explanation. All we can do is comfort the bereaved.

My thoughts are with you and your colleague tonight.

Peace
DT

Stat, what a shock!

Live everyday to your best abilities, we never know what tomorrow brings

Thanks,

Stat

News like these almost always leave us stunned and at a loss for words. Just being there for her and lending an ear, is sometimes the only thing we can do. I'm sure the daughter is devastated and will take time to heal. Will keep them both in my prayers and you too, that you will know what to say to them to offer comfort and support at such a time.

Thanks,

Stat

Prayers being sent out to her and her family.
I'm so sorry.

Thanks,

Stat
I'm very saddened to hear about this unfortunate event, Stat. No one should have to experience losing a family member or friend at such a young age of 23. My prayers are with you, your colleague and her family.

Thanks,

Stat

You got it, Stat. I'll be sending my best vibes out for your colleague and her daughter. For whatever reason, the death of a young person or child seems to affect people more adversely because it is so unexpected.

Thanks for the kind thoughts from everyone. My colleague stopped by, which is why I suddenly exited USMB. She cried for about an hour and I was simply there for her. Is really tought. We are all mortal, something I tend to forget.

Last edited:

And my thoughts and prayers are with you and Mrs. Ringel, Ringel.

Today marked a personal best. I've lost 14 lbs in six weeks, 2 in the past 2 weeks. My goal is to be in the 240's by August and in the 220's by Christmas. Taking Apple Cider Vinegar in pill form seems to help me burn fat, for those of you looking for help on your weight loss regimens, consider Apple Cider Vinegar in pill form. It really does help. I'm starting to fit back into my old High School clothes again. I am very pleased with myself, since I never thought I'd ever have the courage to start losing my own weight, but now I find it very easy. Key is to keep it steady, don't overeat or you gain the weight faster than you lost it.

On April 30th I weight 282.4 lbs. Yesterday, June 16th, I was 268.6 lbs.

I am committing suicide in the slowest way I can, by not exercising, and by eating cheese and biscuits which is raising my cholesterol levels. I figure death by cheese and biscuits is not a bad way to go.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Ollie's daughter Angie and his youngest brother,
Stat's aunt, and his colleague and family in the loss of one close to them,
Ringel and Mrs. Ringel for an excellent outcome,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Mrs Te had fibroids removed but no further problems. Hopefully Mrs R's hysterectomy will work out for the best. Sending positive vibes.

Forum List

Back