USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good Morning, CSers!
Apologies for neglecting the CS lately. It's been busy, busy, busy and I am enjoying the granddaughters as much as I can, packing in years of sharing in a few short weeks. The girls are great, but have been discouraged from many outdoor activities by the hordes of mosquitoes demanding their blood toll. I have outdoor work to do, so I have to put up with them, eating loads of garlic tablets (I'm allergic to DEET). Seems to work well enough.
My daughter took the girls to town over the weekend to visit some of her friends. It was a quiet couple of days, I'll admit. I put a lot of work into the shed project. A friend has come up this weekend and is removing some of the trees close to the cabin. This guy is a godsend because he views killing trees, including digging out the stumps, as some kind of therapy. We feed him well and he gets a kick out of the family interaction and the bloodthirsty little girls playing UNO and Monopoly. The partner is coming in this afternoon and has his project to get done.
Yesterday evening was so 1800s. One of use using a pickax to dig out a spruce stump, I was finishing the evening milking, the granddaughters were hauling water to their mom for washing-up, and the daughter was cooking up a delicious batch of chicken and dumplings. Perfection!
After framing the front wall of the shed, we plan on taking a break and taking the goats on a Nature walk. Instead of collecting specimens, though, we will be collecting pictures of specimens with the camera.
Breakfast is on, we're having what my dad always called a "kitchen sink" scramble. I believe he called it that because it's supposed to have everything except the kitchen sink in it. My daughter says it looks more like what you pull out of the kitchen sink after washing the dishes.
Life is stirring, my time here grows short once more. Enjoy your day, my CS friends.

Uncheck Fanboy's Social Blocking List ( then restart your browser)and see if that fixes the problem. The only one I have is EasyList.

Is the theory that this Fanboy list may have changed recently and, once updated, that's why I was losing the images, because the new Fanboy list blocked too much?

I just hate solving a problem without knowing how it was solved... :eusa_think:
It's a hunch based on what Fanboy blocks that may be the issue here. Also Malware Domains had some updating issues they were working on which could have created other problems. Fixing by process of elimination........ :D
You could uncheck all but EasyList then recheck each one to see which one is creating the problem.
Once we figure out which one is at fault then we can determine the reason.

Yes, I like the way you think. :bow2:

Now I just have to wait for the original foible to duplicate itself. Off to find a thread with lots of images...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'm having trouble with my Wi-Fi modum. It still pumps a good signal through the HDMI wire to the TV set, but it has given up the ghost so far as Wi-Fi goes. Nothing to my iPad at all.

Sure, I've disconnected it and then plugged everything back in. Sure I've powered off my iPad and still no signal. I took my iPad to my brother's place where the Wi-Fi signal blasted into the iPad with speed and vigor.

So, until ATT gets me set up, I'll have to post sparingly from here at the office. With any luck, I should get a new modum out of this and I should be back on line soon.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'm having trouble with my Wi-Fi modum. It still pumps a good signal through the HDMI wire to the TV set, but it has given up the ghost so far as Wi-Fi goes. Nothing to my iPad at all.

Sure, I've disconnected it and then plugged everything back in. Sure I've powered off my iPad and still no signal. I took my iPad to my brother's place where the Wi-Fi signal blasted into the iPad with speed and vigor.

So, until ATT gets me set up, I'll have to post sparingly from here at the office. With any luck, I should get a new modum out of this and I should be back on line soon.

Buy yourself a good AC router, the next generation of routers. It's backwards compatible with N WiFi cards which are already being replaced with the new AC technology in most Wifi capable systems.
I'm looking at the Belkin AC750 for around $75 at Beast Buy and it's still cheaper in the long run than the monthly "rent" ISPs charge for theirs.

Is the theory that this Fanboy list may have changed recently and, once updated, that's why I was losing the images, because the new Fanboy list blocked too much?

I just hate solving a problem without knowing how it was solved... :eusa_think:
It's a hunch based on what Fanboy blocks that may be the issue here. Also Malware Domains had some updating issues they were working on which could have created other problems. Fixing by process of elimination........ :D
You could uncheck all but EasyList then recheck each one to see which one is creating the problem.
Once we figure out which one is at fault then we can determine the reason.

Yes, I like the way you think. :bow2:

Now I just have to wait for the original foible to duplicate itself. Off to find a thread with lots of images...

See, I told you I was wise and smart....... or was that sighs and farts? It's one of those and I'm suspecting the latter........

Good morning everybody. Reading over last night's and this morning's posts I am amazed again at how people so truly different (eclectic?) as we all are have become this thing we call the Coffee Shop. And how easily those who want to be a part of it can be part of it just by showing up and joining in.

Was pondering Nosmo's problem with the 13-yr-old. It's always dicey disciplining somebody else's kids, most especially when the parent or parents are there and APPROVE of the behavior. But I don't think we should just automatically accept having our own peace and enjoyment upset by the bad behavior either. So if it is a serious problem, perhaps a private discussion with the father would be in order. This kid is headed for major problems if he is not better socialized I think. I bet Nosmo has just the diplomatic skills to handle it at least as well as something like that can be handled.

So today I am planning to accomplish something useful. I am sure what that will be will come to me in a bit. :)

I made the bed today. Useful item, "Check."

Buy yourself a good AC router, the next generation of routers. It's backwards compatible with N WiFi cards which are already being replaced with the new AC technology in most Wifi capable systems.
I'm looking at the Belkin AC750 for around $75 at Beast Buy and it's still cheaper in the long run than the monthly "rent" ISPs charge for theirs.

The $7.22/month charge for our Comcast modem however is well worth it to me just because they have to fix the problem free of charge if anything goes wrong with our phones, cable, or wi-fi. If I use somebody else's modem all they have to do is tell me to check with that manufacturer for a fix. :)

I did buy this modum! This is a warranty question. ATT is shipping me a new one (3-5 business days) and I'm to ship them the defective one.

The $7.22/month charge for our Comcast modem however is well worth it to me just because they have to fix the problem free of charge if anything goes wrong with our phones, cable, or wi-fi. If I use somebody else's modem all they have to do is tell me to check with that manufacturer for a fix. :)

Indeed. I've learned that the hard way.

Also, when dealing with Comcast service tech visits, ALWAYS request an employee instead of the outsourced contractors. The latter are by and large horrible and skate by. The employees are subject to performance reviews, and are more concerned about customer satisfaction.

Last edited:

99.9% of the time the fix is shutting off the router, counting to 30 then turning it back on.......... On rare occasions it's hitting the reset button which means you have to reset your keycode if you had changed it in the router, if not then no big deal.
I do recommend people do this anyway (change the keycode and router admin password).
With Comcast type in the Address Bar (the one on the left), 10.0.0.1, type in admin then password. Look for the password change option, change it then write it down somewhere.

I am so sleepy. Can someone make me a triple espresso?

*ZAP* You're a triple espresso. You can thank me later.

No. I meant, become a barista and make one in a cup and serve it to me.

Yeah while you're being fanned by half naked male slaves feeding you grapes....... :eusa_whistle:

cleorecline_5852.jpg

:lol:

Forum List

Back