USMB Coffee Shop IV

Looks like a young arctic fox? They change color as they age. Or is it the other way around...they turn before they get too old? I can't remember.

Long long ago before I met him, he used to have his own automotive repair shop. But these new cars? Head scratchers.

So....not only is google yer friend...so is youtube.

This is what he is following. Outside, in to watch the vid, back outside.

I showed my youngest brother how to google what he needed to do to change his brakes and then stood by him and "stupid-vised". He managed quite well following a youtube video. I think he's now doing a lot of his own mechanical work on his car. Problem with modern vehicles is that so much is computerized.

Did you tell him to pump the pedal a couple times after he replaced the pads?
Back before you could google those kins of things, I explained to a concert violinist how to replace his front pads. I guess I assumed he would step on the pedal at some point before he headed out the drive and down the hill. He came very close to wrecking.

Long long ago before I met him, he used to have his own automotive repair shop. But these new cars? Head scratchers.

So....not only is google yer friend...so is youtube.

This is what he is following. Outside, in to watch the vid, back outside.

I showed my youngest brother how to google what he needed to do to change his brakes and then stood by him and "stupid-vised". He managed quite well following a youtube video. I think he's now doing a lot of his own mechanical work on his car. Problem with modern vehicles is that so much is computerized.

Did you tell him to pump the pedal a couple times after he replaced the pads?
Back before you could google those kins of things, I explained to a concert violinist how to replace his front pads. I guess I assumed he would step on the pedal at some point before he headed out the drive and down the hill. He came very close to wrecking.

Yup! He's done well so far but is not particularly mechanically inclined.

fennecfox1.jpg

Large Eared Fennec Fox.

fennecfox1.jpg

Large Eared Fennec Fox.
Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner! Thanks, Gracie.
Google or Bing Images can be your friend. :lol:
When you have time. I'm working on finishing touches to my resume and cover letter for the university position. Everyone else thinks I'm a shoe-in because I've been an adjunct professor for 15 years. I'm not that much of an optimist and am tweaking the sales propaganda as much as I can. Swiftly approaching 60, I'm thinking that a job that doesn't require climbing ladders and crawling around on my knees might be a viable option, I'm hoping to be a full-time professor by next semester.

Teaching mechanics or some other field?
I think you are on the right path and yes...you need something that keeps stimulating your brain but saves yer knees and back!

And if you can get your credentials for being a professor....that means you might find a position in Korea near your kids! When they are sent somewhere else, you can transfer too!

Teaching mechanics or some other field?
I think you are on the right path and yes...you need something that keeps stimulating your brain but saves yer knees and back!
Actually, lecturing for hours at a time takes its toll on my back. But I am ready for a more...sedentary occupation I think. I love teaching, it's just the politics of a university that have put me off for so long. I guess I'll have to adjust. I do hope I get this job. I can still work part time at the airport, if I want.

In bed late and up really early, at the hospital for the wife's CT Scan on her knee. Pre-op procedure for a partial knee replacement, she scheduled it for 6:30 AM..........
She got less sleep than I did.

fennecfox1.jpg

Large Eared Fennec Fox.
Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner! Thanks, Gracie.
Google or Bing Images can be your friend. :lol:
When you have time. I'm working on finishing touches to my resume and cover letter for the university position. Everyone else thinks I'm a shoe-in because I've been an adjunct professor for 15 years. I'm not that much of an optimist and am tweaking the sales propaganda as much as I can. Swiftly approaching 60, I'm thinking that a job that doesn't require climbing ladders and crawling around on my knees might be a viable option, I'm hoping to be a full-time professor by next semester.

Are you looking for a professorship there in Anchorage? Or are you still considering Korea or Japan?

Forum List

Back