USMB Coffee Shop IV

Have you ever had Italian espresso? For Cuban coffee, think twice as strong and very sweet.
I invited a 40 something man to join me for a Cuban coffee one day after he saw my motorcycle and commented favorably about it. We talked for about 15 minutes before he introduced himself as I was getting set to leave. His name is Marco Rubio.

Have you ever had Italian espresso? For Cuban coffee, think twice as strong and very sweet.
I invited a 40 something man to join me for a Cuban coffee one day after he saw my motorcycle and commented favorably about it. We talked for about 15 minutes before he introduced himself as I was getting set to leave. His name is Marco Rubio.

Nope. I've never had any of that kind of coffee as far as I know. :dunno: When I was a teenager, I used to drink instant coffee, so I've come a long way, Ernie! :D

11863459_10156108563185173_6788272722362852733_n.jpg

fennecfox1.jpg

Large Eared Fennec Fox.
Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner! Thanks, Gracie.
Google or Bing Images can be your friend. :lol:
When you have time. I'm working on finishing touches to my resume and cover letter for the university position. Everyone else thinks I'm a shoe-in because I've been an adjunct professor for 15 years. I'm not that much of an optimist and am tweaking the sales propaganda as much as I can. Swiftly approaching 60, I'm thinking that a job that doesn't require climbing ladders and crawling around on my knees might be a viable option, I'm hoping to be a full-time professor by next semester.

Are you looking for a professorship there in Anchorage? Or are you still considering Korea or Japan?
Right now, I'm applying at the University of Alaska. It's the second time this has come open and everyone, my students, other professors, even the office staff, are encouraging me. I didn't take it last time because I hoped my family would be moving to WA and I didn't want to take a new job only to move. The way they are doing things at the Uni now (due to budget considerations) is that professors are no longer tenured but work as contract employees. This job has a 24 month contract and I can look around and see what else is available where my family is. I've been an adjunct professor at UAA for 15 years, so I should be able to snag this gig fairly easily. But, WOW!, it's been a long time since I had to write a resume!

Seriously though, Halloween is definitely a money making scheme with buying candy and costumes, but all the holidays kind of are. It's because they are about the kids and having fun, and that is what the stores are counting on. My mother always made my costumes. I had a store bought one maybe once or twice.
I still remember when my mom tricked us out as the cast from the Wizard of Oz. My brother had a hell of a time as the time man, his costume was made up using fruit juice cans painted silver!

Seriously though, Halloween is definitely a money making scheme with buying candy and costumes, but all the holidays kind of are. It's because they are about the kids and having fun, and that is what the stores are counting on. My mother always made my costumes. I had a store bought one maybe once or twice.
I still remember when my mom tricked us out as the cast from the Wizard of Oz. My brother had a hell of a time as the time man, his costume was made up using fruit juice cans painted silver!

That's cool though! I was a bag of jelly beans once. I think that was the most creative costume I had. :)

That's cool though! I was a bag of jelly beans once. I think that was the most creative costume I had. :)
I always got a kick out of the bedsheet ghost costume. Elegantly simple...

You don't see too many of those around anymore though! Most of the costumes I see kids in on Halloween are the store bought ones.

Giz finally came home. The wife got up about an hour and a half after I did and told me he had escaped into the neighbor's back yard (she said she went to bed about twenty minutes after I did). When I looked he was still there, tried a couple of things to entice him to no avail so I let him be till suppertime. Looked again and he was nowhere to be seen...... shit! Decided to take a walk around the house and sure enough he was on the garage side, he saw me and took off for the wall and into the backyard then ran into the house. He plopped down like nothing had happened and waited for dinner...... Little shit....... :lol:

You don't see too many of those around anymore though! Most of the costumes I see kids in on Halloween are the store bought ones.

I want to make the little one a SpongeBob costume for Halloween, but I don't know that I have the craft skills for it.

I want to make the little one a SpongeBob costume for Halloween, but I don't know that I have the craft skills for it.
Get some 2 inch memory foam from a craft store. One panel for the front, one for the back. Duct tape together. Paint with yellow acrylic craft paint.

Oh and since the Giz had such a hard day sleeping under the neighbors pomegranate bush/tree he's crashed out in the bedroom.........

Start with a box. :)

Coolest Homemade Spongebob Costume Ideas

Start with a box. :)

Coolest Homemade Spongebob Costume Ideas

I've got a couple of possible boxes, actually. I'm just not sure whether to paint the boxes, get yellow construction paper, some sort of yellow felt, or what. Then I was considering trying to make a Krusty Krab hat for the costume which would cover the little one's head entirely, just making an opening in the front for her face. :)

Forum List

Back