USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hi CremeBrulee. So happy you found us. First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary welcome beverage and here is yours:

coffee3.jpg

And 42 is a four-handed (two partners play against another set of partners) domino bidding game very popular in west Texas at least. The four of us who play grew up with the game.

2 x 4 soup is two pounds of hamburger browned, drained, and seasoned to taste, 2 cans of minestrome soup, 2 cans of pinto beans, 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes with green chile - combine all--nothing is drained but the hamburger--and heat to piping hot. It sounds weird but even if you dont' care for any of the ingredients by themselves, the combination is terrific. I have yet to find anybody who doesn't like that soup.

The only thing I'd like of the ingredients is the hamburger. I'm pretty sure I'd hate the soup. :)

I bet you wouldn't. The ingredients work so well together that you don't really taste any of them as they are alone, but repurposed they become a whole new thing, and I haven't found anybody, even among the pickiest or finickyest (is that a word?) of eaters, who doesn't like that soup.

I think you underestimate how picky I am. :) I have never met anyone who is as picky an eater as I am. I don't eat seafood, I don't eat nuts, I eat almost no cheese, I eat almost nothing with tomato, I avoid almost all sauces and gravies and dressing. The only beans I eat are green beans. I don't eat chili. There is not a single thing on the menu at, say, Olive Garden that I will eat as is. We went to some Mexican restaurant the other day and I just laughed at the idea I might order something. I have never encountered a type of ethnic food I like; I hate Italian food despite Italian being my most prominent ancestry.

I eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast almost every morning. For dinner I prefer meat with almost nothing put on it with basic sides, plain veggies or with butter, mashed potatoes with nothing but salt, like that. When I snack it's usually some form of crackers; I love eating crackers, but only certain kinds. If I could get away with it, health wise, I'd live on nothing but cereal, Cheez Its and Goldfish. :lol:

A soup made with a soup I don't like, combined with beans I don't like, combined with tomatoes with chili I don't like.....I don't see how I could like it. :p

EDIT : I do like a few Chinese food dishes. However, I have always been under the impression that the Americanized Chinese food we eat is not really related to what the actual Chinese eat and shouldn't really count as ethnic food. :lol:

My gosh! You are an adult now. Get out there and try some real food!!! :lol: Live a little!

I don't think living a little is the same as eating disgusting foods. :p

Most foods are delicious!

The only thing I'd like of the ingredients is the hamburger. I'm pretty sure I'd hate the soup. :)

I bet you wouldn't. The ingredients work so well together that you don't really taste any of them as they are alone, but repurposed they become a whole new thing, and I haven't found anybody, even among the pickiest or finickyest (is that a word?) of eaters, who doesn't like that soup.

I think you underestimate how picky I am. :) I have never met anyone who is as picky an eater as I am. I don't eat seafood, I don't eat nuts, I eat almost no cheese, I eat almost nothing with tomato, I avoid almost all sauces and gravies and dressing. The only beans I eat are green beans. I don't eat chili. There is not a single thing on the menu at, say, Olive Garden that I will eat as is. We went to some Mexican restaurant the other day and I just laughed at the idea I might order something. I have never encountered a type of ethnic food I like; I hate Italian food despite Italian being my most prominent ancestry.

I eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast almost every morning. For dinner I prefer meat with almost nothing put on it with basic sides, plain veggies or with butter, mashed potatoes with nothing but salt, like that. When I snack it's usually some form of crackers; I love eating crackers, but only certain kinds. If I could get away with it, health wise, I'd live on nothing but cereal, Cheez Its and Goldfish. :lol:

A soup made with a soup I don't like, combined with beans I don't like, combined with tomatoes with chili I don't like.....I don't see how I could like it. :p

EDIT : I do like a few Chinese food dishes. However, I have always been under the impression that the Americanized Chinese food we eat is not really related to what the actual Chinese eat and shouldn't really count as ethnic food. :lol:

My gosh! You are an adult now. Get out there and try some real food!!! :lol: Live a little!

I don't think living a little is the same as eating disgusting foods. :p

Most foods are delicious!

:puke3:

;)

Mr G got me a brand new wireless microsoft keyboard and mouse at a yard sale today. That is what I am currently using and trying to get used to it. I like the keyboard but the mouse is not my fav. It's heavy. Prolly due to the batteries in it. But since the monitor is so huge....this may come in hand if I decide to plant my ass on the bed and post from there instead of the pc desk, lol.

Drat it, some idiot has hung out a wind chime tonight, and we are having storms. Someone hung a bamboo one under my bedroom window once and I made them take it down. But this sounds like a glass one and it is further away.But it still makes an annoying tinkling. Well I cannot complain much as that is the extend of how much the storms in Britain are affecting me. I am very lucky as many people in the north are flooded out tonight.

You would hate being my neighbor. I have a windchime tree. Actually, 2 windchime trees. I collect chimes...hang them in the two trees. And all along the fascia in front of each window. My house is very chimey. :lol:

Drat it, some idiot has hung out a wind chime tonight, and we are having storms. Someone hung a bamboo one under my bedroom window once and I made them take it down. But this sounds like a glass one and it is further away.But it still makes an annoying tinkling. Well I cannot complain much as that is the extend of how much the storms in Britain are affecting me. I am very lucky as many people in the north are flooded out tonight.

I like wind chimes usually, but when we lived out on the mountain, somebody gave us one of those wind chimes made of long metal tubes, that sound more like gongs if they hit each other very hard. Since breezes tend to be very light up there most days, their barely bumping each other was softly melodious. And because everybody up there lived fairly far apart on at least a half acre or usually more, we were fairly confident they wouldn't bother anybody. But one very windy day, we came home from work to find that one of our neighbors--we never knew who--had climbed up our second story deck and neatly tied all those wind chimes together so they couldn't move. We took the hint. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

p1030723.jpg

P..S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

We have bamboo wind chimes, the wife doesn't really like the metal ones that much. With the winds we can get here I'm surprised no one has complained or that they haven't ended up "missing".

Good morning everybody. A beautiful day in Albuquerque but chilly--28 degrees at our house at the moment. But we'll have absolutely gorgeous weather this week. . .UNTIL. . .we leave for Texas on Thursday to attend our granddaughter's college graduation on Friday and then it is supposed to be cold and windy all weekend. Grrrr.

Oh well. If the weather is the only thing we have to bitch about, we're pretty lucky I think. Wishing a great Sunday for all.

63, headed for 67 in Foley today. Congratulations to the SEC Champions, Alabama's Crimson Tide!
So cool watching the game with friends on the 135" screen at Doc's

You would hate being my neighbor. I have a windchime tree. Actually, 2 windchime trees. I collect chimes...hang them in the two trees. And all along the fascia in front of each window. My house is very chimey. :lol:

It's a good job you are not my neighbour then. (English spelling of neighbour). Because I would undoubtedly take you to task about your wind chimes.

It's a good job you are not my neighbour then. (English spelling of neighbour). Because I would undoubtedly take you to task about your wind chimes.

I bet you wouldn't. You might find a tactful way to express that the noisier wind chimes were a problem for you, but I bet you would be gentle with your criticism as most Englishmen are when it is appropriate to be so. :)

Back from church and a great brunch at Wecks for us, and shortly will be checking out the afternoon football games. I am so spoiled after that great game between the Packers and Lions Thursday night though, that everything else is probably going to be anti climatic. (Translate that: boring.)

lol. And I would take you to task for ATTEMPTING to take me to task. :lol:

My neighbors love my windchimes. I used to have a waterfall out there too long long ago...and they asked me to turn it up cuz they loved the sound of it. Actually...they have given me windchimes. :)

My neighbors love my windchimes. I used to have a waterfall out there too long long ago...and they asked me to turn it up cuz they loved the sound of it. Actually...they have given me windchimes. :)

If I lived in America, and had access to guns, and you would not take them down, I would probably use them for target practice.

If I lived in America, and had access to guns, and you would not take them down, I would probably use them for target practice.
lol. Watch what you shoot at, bubba. Sometimes, you can get shot back at.

It's probably a good job we ain't neighbours.

Most assuredly.
Have a nice day, hopefully windchimeless.

Where do you live? I'm giving out windchimes to all your neighbors this year.........

(I'm a real stinker, aren't I........) :D

Forum List

Back