🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

This is an outstanding display. But practically speaking, if the goal is to encourage sale of whatever is in those cans--I couldn't make it out--would you be the first one to pull a can out of that display? Especially if you are an aficionado of disaster movies or have some engineering apptitude?

12341156_1097467413620865_4867221472802115530_n.jpg

Looks like some kind of Goya beans in the dark cans, I can't tell on the lighter ones.

Pity ole BBD isn't frequenting the CS anymore, as I haven't myself really, or Spoon, because I just ordered a Canon 7D MkII DSLR, and I know those guys know what that is. I'd love to hear BBD's take on it. I finally popped on a nicer camera.

(Hint, hint.. if either of you guys show up.)

Welcome back. Spoonie was here just yesterday and BBD pops in for a visit now and then. I, like you, wish they would come around more often but you're one to talk.
Yeah I researched for months before I settled on this Canon, so just in case one of those guys pops in... Spoonman Big Black Dog ...

20151223_103647_zps61dtnbka.jpg

20151223_104749_zpsdmqx9bux.jpg

20151223_104715_zpssea0ate3.jpg

20151223_104653_zpsi97xwhni.jpg

20151223_104817_zpsdomnmwwg.jpg

20151223_104842_zpsw0luow9a.jpg
awesome camera. good luck with it

its been so long since I've been here my avatar is in season again

(((Spoonie)))) So happy to see you. You have been a missed person. Hope all is well with you and yours. Are you spending Christmas at your beach house or the city house or elsewhere?
well I really need to log in more often. its a bitch trying to respond to two week old stuff. lol a little of both. we were here for Christmas, went down the shore for a few days, came back home now for the rest of the week. we went from 73 degrees to 29 and an inch of ice from freezing rain.

anyone heard anything about freedombecki

Becki is currently without a computer so has a few minutes at their local library computer when they are in town. She has checked in just long enough to say hi but can't stay long enough to really catch us up. But at least she's checking in and we can quit worrying as she seems to be very much alive and kicking. As do you.

And I think the only one of us who takes the time to painstakingly read all the posts he missed when he has been away for awhile is GallantWarrior, bless his heart. The rest of us seem to mostly scan a page or two, and I have been guilty of that too, but I hate it when I miss something important somebody said--I mean something personally serious or significant. I don't mean to say that all our posts aren't important. :)

By the way. One of the most consistently plentiful nutritious veggies in the supermarket is the carrot. Did you ever know how they get them there in such large quantities:

Just saw this and filed it under the category of why spelling is so hard for so many of us:

934068_805246822917955_7044954544086147768_n.jpg

The formula is I before E except after C or when pronounced like A as in anchor or way.

But all those words don't fit the formula do they.

Our language can be so nonsensical! I see it all the time watching the little one learning to read and learning the rules of spelling. Why do we even have a letter c? The sounds it makes are already made by s and k. Ch could be its own letter if necessary. So pointless. :lol:
Having studied multiple other languages, English, especially as spoken by 'Murkins, is a real be-atch! Most languages have pretty strict rules of pronunciation for any particular letter, or they add some demarcation to indicate a variation in pronunciation.

I've heard that English was one of the most difficult languages to learn because of our synonyms and homonyms and other things like that. I mentioned that on another forum though and got an earful. :lol:

Well whoever gave you an earful about that was nowhere near as smart as you are. English is much more difficult to learn than most commonly spoken languages. Here's just a few reasons:
  1. The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
  2. We must polish the Polish furniture.
  3. He could lead if he would get the lead out.
  4. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
  5. Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
  6. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
  7. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
  8. I did not object to the object.
  9. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
  10. There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
  11. They were too close to the door to close it.
  12. The buck does funny things when does are present.
  13. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
  14. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
  15. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
  16. After a number of injections my jaw got number.
  17. Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
  18. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
  19. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
  20. The accountant at the music store records records of the records.
  21. The bandage was wound around the wound.
  22. The farm was used to produce produce.
And we say thing backwards from most other common languages. The embarrassing thing is that a lot more people from other countries are far more likely to be fluent in more than one language than we Americans are and more people from other countries learn to speak English than we learn to speak their languages. And our concept of singular and plural is mystifying and follows no rules.

Such as this:
Now if mouse in the plural should be, and is, mice,
Then house in the plural, of course, should be hice,
And grouse should be grice and spouse should be spice
And by the same token should blouse become blice.

And consider the goose with its plural of geese;
Then a double caboose should be called a cabeese,
And noose should be neese and moose should be meese
And if mama’s papoose should be twins, it’s papeese.

Then if one thing is that, while some more is called those,
Then more than one hat, I assume, would be hose,
And gnat would be gnose and pat would be pose,
And likewise the plural of rat would be rose.

Or this:
We’ll begin with a box, and the plural is boxes;
But the plural of ox should be oxen not oxes.
One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese,
Yet the plural of moose should never be meese.

You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice,
But the plural of house is houses, not hice.
If the plural of man is always called men,
Why shouldn’t the plural of pan be called pen?

If I spoke of my foot and showed you my feet,
When I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?
If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth,
Why shouldn’t the plural of booth be called beeth?

If the singular is this, and the plural is these,
Why shouldn’t the plural of kiss be kese?
Then one may be that, and three would be those,
Yet the plural of hat would never be hose.

We speak of a brother and also of brethren,
But though we say mother, we never say methren.
So plurals in English, I think you’ll agree,
Are indeed very tricky, singularly

Lol! :lol:

anyone heard anything about freedombecki

Becki is currently without a computer so has a few minutes at their local library computer when they are in town. She has checked in just long enough to say hi but can't stay long enough to really catch us up. But at least she's checking in and we can quit worrying as she seems to be very much alive and kicking. As do you.

And I think the only one of us who takes the time to painstakingly read all the posts he missed when he has been away for awhile is GallantWarrior, bless his heart. The rest of us seem to mostly scan a page or two, and I have been guilty of that too, but I hate it when I miss something important somebody said--I mean something personally serious or significant. I don't mean to say that all our posts aren't important. :)
thanks, I've been worried bout her. I just don't have the time lately. the holiday season I the busiest for me at work. and over the summer and fall I seemed to always be doing something. before you know it a year has gone by

By the way. One of the most consistently plentiful nutritious veggies in the supermarket is the carrot. Did you ever know how they get them there in such large quantities:

check out a site called agricultural technologies if you want to see some of the most amazing machines

That last band came through and the temp dropped 12 degrees in an hour.

It got really cold here yesterday too. It snowed a tiny bit last night and now it's sleeting. That nice 60 and 70-degree weather we were having here in the northeast was just too good to be true! :dunno:
We've had temps well into the 40s and even up to 50 today. Of course, we've had Chinook winds blowing, as well, and they blow warm. But it still feels more like March than December. I did manage to get some outside chores done and I trimmed hooves, too. When it's too cold, the goats' feet are too difficult to trim.

I love to bake bread from scratch too and I hand knead it though that has been difficult to do with my ailing shoulder. But as that gets better I'll return to making bread from scratch. By no additives in the flour, does that mean barley free flour? Does that affect the texture? I've been told it does though I haven't done any experiments to test it.

I mean preservatives and boosters. My preferred flour maker is Bob's Red Mill. The unbleached Artisan Bread flour is quite good. I use that and their whole wheat flour for my basic flours.
I've been using their spelt flour

I like that, too!
I've been working with "ancient grains" types of flours and have found them to be satisfactory. I like the flavor and texture better, and research indicates that are much healthier than modern wheat species, 'specially since wheat has been going GMO!

I'm not giving up on wheat flour because it has the best gluten for dough structure. I do buy organic flour - but am frankly not that worried about GMO.
True about the gluten in wheat flour being best for bread dough. I am very concerned about GMOs, having done a bit of research and reading. The more I learn about GMOs, the more I realize how far we have moved away from a healthy, natural diet. I always come back to the idea that just because we can do a thing, that doesn't necessarily mean we should.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

winter-7.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Nearly closing time at Doc's. Just me and my bartender in the place. Nice uneventful evening I didn't have to break up any fights (as usual) and didn't have to chase any drunks out, (unusual) We'll close out the register in 10 minutes and be out of here before 3 AM. Then out to breakfast at Waffle House and in bed about 4. Sleep well, my friends!

Forum List

Back