🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

BTW, here's the snow storm we had recently.

DSC_0301.JPG

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0302.JPG

I'd like to have that for a week or two here. :)

You don't get snow where you live? Or is it that you just like snow?

Good morning all.

First I would like to congratulate Chris--I missed her post on Monday re her new job expansion and way to go. Looks like you're on your way to a full transition because they wouldn't be expanding your hours or giving you a permanent slot if you weren't impressing. And if you gently make it known you would like more hours, you'll eventually get there all the way--unless you find out you like working the two part time jobs of course which could be possible.

We woke up to a cold light rain this morning. I have to go get blood work in advance of a procedure on Monday, and get my glasses fixed--the ear piece came off--and pick up a few groceries. But all in all, life is good today.

Thanks, Foxy! :) That's what I'm hoping for!

I still wonder how the movie Starship Troopers is related to his book. I guess as long as there is mention of alien 'bugs' in the book it counts as an adaptation? :p

Yuck. That movie was disgusting. :cheeky-smiley-018:

Disgustingly stupid. :lol:

I can enjoy good campy humor (I'm a fan of the Evil Dead series as well as the old Flash Gordon movie) but I found Starship Troopers to just be dumb. The only good thing about it was making fun of it with a friend of mine when we saw it in the theater. :D

Yeah, it was pretty stupid too but mostly just gross. :lol:
But they still managed to make what, three or four sequels?
They made two more........ The original is a cult classic B movie, the other two pretty much sucked.

You liked it, didn't you? ;)

Oh, I forgot to tell that I'm picking up a new shift at the hospital and going down to part time at my job. Otherwise I will be working like 70 hours a week! No thanks. Lol. A permanent shift has opened up for me at the hospital, and that is good. Not sure yet when I will start, but it could be this weekend. It will be Saturday and Sunday nights from 4 PM to 12 AM. Not the most desirable hours, but I want to make a good impression there and be noticed. :)
I worked 4 to mids and midnight shifts most of my life. My favorite was always 4 to mid. :thup:
I like my grave shift, midnight to ten. Especially if you have to drive in with rush hour traffic, working graves spares you the
competitive spirit.

Oh man, I don't think I could do a graveyard shift. :ack-1: Hope they don't offer me that one!

Oh, I forgot to tell that I'm picking up a new shift at the hospital and going down to part time at my job. Otherwise I will be working like 70 hours a week! No thanks. Lol. A permanent shift has opened up for me at the hospital, and that is good. Not sure yet when I will start, but it could be this weekend. It will be Saturday and Sunday nights from 4 PM to 12 AM. Not the most desirable hours, but I want to make a good impression there and be noticed. :)
I worked 4 to mids and midnight shifts most of my life. My favorite was always 4 to mid. :thup:

Yeah, 4-midnight is no problem. I'm usually awake until at least midnight anyways. :)

I hated that shift - 3 to 11 - in the hospital. Evening was always when the patients felt the worse, people were crankier. 11 to 7 was much much calmer. 7 to 3 my favorite. Lots of activity but everybody was happiest.

Oh, I don't work with any patients, so that is not an issue for me. :) I'm just taking calls, transferring calls, and putting out pages (pages are only for emergencies though).

Well finally got a hold of my medical team, they're sending me some meds for the increased acid production and I get to go on the BART diet for a while....... Yum........ :doubt:

About 2 hours ago I had a nice salad, 30 minutes after eating it I started having repeat episodes of severe heartburn that would radiate up into my head causing a brief migraine. Not very pleasant, not very pleasant in the least.......

Hope you're feeling better! :)

I lost the internet at about 8:15 am this morning.
That also means we had no phone either. :(
Just got it back a littler after 6:30 tonight.
Almost everyone here in AZ lost it.
It took them all day to fix the problem so it must had something to do with all the rain we got yesterday and into the evening.
We have two more storms moving in, so I hope it doesn't happen again
We have Time Warner down here, whenever it goes out we blame the wind....... :eusa_whistle:
:D
Have Time Warner as well Yet when we had all the tornadoes around here it didn't go out go figure.:disbelief:
It's a running joke between the wife and I, most likely is old infrastructure that needs some serious updating. That's one thing I'll give Comcast (at least in the major cities) they keep their infrastructure up to date, never had a problem with their service.
I was thinking about bundling my tv and internet through Time Warner have second thoughs about that now.
If we had Comcast I'd switch in a heartbeat, while Time Warner's internet is fast it does drop signal from time to time here in El Paso. It's really not all that bad depending on who you're using now for internet. Take what I say about Time Warner (in general) with a grain of salt, This is the only experience we've had with TW and the problems could only be related to El Paso, the land of manana.........

I have Comcast. They aren't so great either. Lol. :D I have a bundle that includes cable, phone and high speed internet. Expensive!!! I pay about $200 a month.

DSC_0301.JPG

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0302.JPG

We only get snow here rarely. That's better than the never when I was in Florida, but I'd prefer once or twice a year for the little one to play in.

Let me assure you that you would grow tired of it quickly. Lol. A couple of days I could deal with though.

We have Time Warner down here, whenever it goes out we blame the wind....... :eusa_whistle:
:D
Have Time Warner as well Yet when we had all the tornadoes around here it didn't go out go figure.:disbelief:
It's a running joke between the wife and I, most likely is old infrastructure that needs some serious updating. That's one thing I'll give Comcast (at least in the major cities) they keep their infrastructure up to date, never had a problem with their service.
I was thinking about bundling my tv and internet through Time Warner have second thoughs about that now.
If we had Comcast I'd switch in a heartbeat, while Time Warner's internet is fast it does drop signal from time to time here in El Paso. It's really not all that bad depending on who you're using now for internet. Take what I say about Time Warner (in general) with a grain of salt, This is the only experience we've had with TW and the problems could only be related to El Paso, the land of manana.........

I have Comcast. They aren't so great either. Lol. :D I have a bundle that includes cable, phone and high speed internet. Expensive!!! I pay about $200 a month.

I just checked. I pay $196 and change per month for a Comcast bundle. :ack-1:

Woke up twice in the wee hours of the morning from thunder and lightening and heavy downpour. Power went out twice. Now THAT was a rainstorm. But...it didn't last after 1pm. Sun came out, now it is lightly raining again. I want more of what happened when I was asleep. MORE MORE MORE.

It took them all day to fix the problem so it must had something to do with all the rain we got yesterday and into the evening.
There is a doozy coming your way. Be ready.

DSC_0301.JPG

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0302.JPG

We only get snow here rarely. That's better than the never when I was in Florida, but I'd prefer once or twice a year for the little one to play in.

Let me assure you that you would grow tired of it quickly. Lol. A couple of days I could deal with though.

The way I live, snow isn't a problem. I don't drive, I don't leave the house much other than taking the dogs out. I would mostly be in the snow just to play with the little one. I lived in New York until I was 14, I've been in snow enough to know it wouldn't be a problem for me to have it for a few weeks a year here. :)

Once I'm done as a nanny, I'll probably be happier avoiding it. :lol:

There is a doozy coming your way. Be ready.

I was about to say that we were getting Gracie's rain before I saw your post. And your warning to Peach is spot on I think. She always gets the worst of the storms before they navigate into New Mexico to us. So we left to do our errands in a light cold rain that became less light as needed to exit our car at the medical center of course. . . came out to more light rain on the trip to the eyeglass fixing place and then to the grocery store and then the rain turned to heavy snow that lasted about an hour or so and then the cloud lifted a bit with bright sunshine and poof the snow vanished off of everything. From where we were at the time, looking east toward the Sandias:

12469425_10153761795035359_3233360107299843153_o.jpg

Yuck. That movie was disgusting. :cheeky-smiley-018:

Disgustingly stupid. :lol:

I can enjoy good campy humor (I'm a fan of the Evil Dead series as well as the old Flash Gordon movie) but I found Starship Troopers to just be dumb. The only good thing about it was making fun of it with a friend of mine when we saw it in the theater. :D

Yeah, it was pretty stupid too but mostly just gross. :lol:
But they still managed to make what, three or four sequels?
They made two more........ The original is a cult classic B movie, the other two pretty much sucked.

You liked it, didn't you? ;)
I like "well done" B movies, the campier the better. :lol:

Well finally got a hold of my medical team, they're sending me some meds for the increased acid production and I get to go on the BART diet for a while....... Yum........ :doubt:

About 2 hours ago I had a nice salad, 30 minutes after eating it I started having repeat episodes of severe heartburn that would radiate up into my head causing a brief migraine. Not very pleasant, not very pleasant in the least.......

Hope you're feeling better! :)
For now.......

Forum List

Back