🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Oh and speaking of campy B movies I still like some of the older John Wayne movies no matter how historically incorrect they are. Now a great movie that is mostly historically incorrect, Silverado is one of my favorites.
Believe it or not I hate most of the old Clint Eastwood movies, especially the old spaghetti westerns, despised The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

What about The Outlaw Josey Wales? That's a good one too. :D

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." :lol:
That's a campy B movie I like. My favorite one he did was with Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman, the Unforgiven, an awesome, very well done movie.

Oh and speaking of campy B movies I still like some of the older John Wayne movies no matter how historically incorrect they are. Now a great movie that is mostly historically incorrect, Silverado is one of my favorites.
Believe it or not I hate most of the old Clint Eastwood movies, especially the old spaghetti westerns, despised The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

That's a campy B movie I like. My favorite one he did was with Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman, the Unforgiven, an awesome, very well done movie.

Not enough action in that movie for me. :)

It was a lot like a character study.
A series of very well done character studies which is one reason I like it.
Another He did was Million Dollar Baby, while I liked it I found it realistically disturbing which means I may never watch it again.

Starship Troopers? I don't think so. I never heard of any sequels to that movie, but I could be wrong.
I looked it up, there were four movies total, and surprise! surprise! a TV series, as well.

Never heard of any sequels or a TV show. It was a pretty crappy movie. Did you ever see it?

He's right. Who would have thought? The first movie was so bad, I wouldn't think it would have grossed enough to merit a sequel. But there were four movies in all. I blessedly escaped the sequels.
Starship Troopers Collection

You'd probably be surprised at the bad sequels floating around out there. If they can be made cheaply, someone will probably try to do it. :p

Some sequels are okay or at least entertaining - Sister Act II and Crocodile Dundee II and the three sequels to Airport come to mind - but others have really sucked. It seems the sequel is never quite as magical as the original though. When you make a really great movie, it is hard to build or improve on that.

Some producers/directors seem to understand that and put a firm period at the end of a great movie. Out of Africa is a good example with the final statement in the movie that Karen Dinesen never returned to Africa.
There were three sequels to "Airport"?:eek-52:

Anything with the word dumb in the title didn't need to be made in the first place.

I couldn't agree more. But "Dumb and Dumber" is one of those movies that Hombre cannot not watch--it fascinates him--while I will most generally leave the room if feasible when it is on.
Best part of that show was the bathroom scene. Then again, fart and shit jokes always cracked me up. Not today though. I think I will watch some movies cuz it's drizzling now...lightly...and I was wanting HEAVY rain. And I'm too cranky to be online right now, so............

Later gators.
I watched "American Pie: Reunion" this weekend. The coolest part was seeing how all the original actors had matured.

Move over Pavlov's dogs, I have Ringel's pigeons........ Every time I go out back all the pigeons land in the back yard and start walking around me waiting to get more food......
Oh, I forgot to tell that I'm picking up a new shift at the hospital and going down to part time at my job. Otherwise I will be working like 70 hours a week! No thanks. Lol. A permanent shift has opened up for me at the hospital, and that is good. Not sure yet when I will start, but it could be this weekend. It will be Saturday and Sunday nights from 4 PM to 12 AM. Not the most desirable hours, but I want to make a good impression there and be noticed. :)
I worked 4 to mids and midnight shifts most of my life. My favorite was always 4 to mid. :thup:
I like my grave shift, midnight to ten. Especially if you have to drive in with rush hour traffic, working graves spares you the
competitive spirit.

Oh man, I don't think I could do a graveyard shift. :ack-1: Hope they don't offer me that one!
I love graves. I've been working graves since I started working at the airport. Of course, I share quarters with my fur-fam and they could care less when I sleep.

I don't mind Pale Rider or Unforgiven. I don't know that I've cared that much for any other Eastwood western. I watched the beginning of Josey Wales and it was just too bad for me to watch.

Of course, I thought Starship Troopers was terrible. :lol:
I'll admit that of my favorite westerns was "Kat Ballou", despite Jane Fonda. It was Lee Marvin and that damned horse...
"The Villain" with Kirk Douglas was also hilarious.

Anything with the word dumb in the title didn't need to be made in the first place.

I couldn't agree more. But "Dumb and Dumber" is one of those movies that Hombre cannot not watch--it fascinates him--while I will most generally leave the room if feasible when it is on.
Best part of that show was the bathroom scene. Then again, fart and shit jokes always cracked me up. Not today though. I think I will watch some movies cuz it's drizzling now...lightly...and I was wanting HEAVY rain. And I'm too cranky to be online right now, so............

Later gators.
I watched "American Pie: Reunion" this weekend. The coolest part was seeing how all the original actors had matured.
I saw a little bit of American Pie and changed the channel.

I don't mind Pale Rider or Unforgiven. I don't know that I've cared that much for any other Eastwood western. I watched the beginning of Josey Wales and it was just too bad for me to watch.

I'll admit that of my favorite westerns was "Kat Ballou", despite Jane Fonda. It was Lee Marvin and that damned horse...
Paint Your Wagon was one of my favorites, not because of Eastwood but because of Lee Marvin. :thup:

Paint Your Wagon was one of my favorites, not because of Eastwood but because of Lee Marvin. :thup:
Lee Marvin was one of the "greats", IMHO. He served in WWII as a PFC in the Marine Corps. I think that experience lent a lot of credibility to his "war movie" roles.

The part where his family gets killed you mean? Yeah that's sad, but that is a pretty short part thankfully.

Well, those two are my least favorite Clint westerns. I like the Good, The Bad and The Ugly, A Fist Full of Dollars and a Few Dollars More (that's a trilogy), and The Outlaw Josey Wales. There are a few more too. I like the Dirty Harry movies too. My father loved Clint. Lol.

No, I am talking about when he attacks the Union camp after that. It was such a cheesy scene, poorly acted as well, I decided the movie wasn't going to be worth watching. :p

Well, I went to my face-to-face interview with the committee responsible for interviewing candidates for the professorship at the Uni. This was the third phase of the process so apparently my credentials have been found adequate. After all the candidates have been interviewed, any survivors will be submitted to the dean, who will further thin the herd and conduct his own interview. Having been teaching as an adjunct for the past 15 years, I was able to provide very specific examples of how I would improve (and have improved) the program, as well as many other answers to the questions posed by the committee. I'm not sure whether knowing all these guys personally, having worked with them over the years, is a plus point. I'd like to think I'm a shoe-in but I know my weaknesses as well as my strengths. There are two things that give me cause for pause, though. First, I would have to commute in to and back home during rush hour, five days a week. I'm not sure I'm up to that kind of stress, especially in Winter when all the idiots seem to appear magically to block the only road into town, or back out. The other sticking point will be the salary I am offered. I know what I need to make ends meet. I also am aware that the University it undergoing budget cuts so my pay may not be commensurate with my co-workers.

12376550_1224483160901263_8079817404521427247_n.png

"The Villain" with Kirk Douglas was also hilarious.
It was Lee Marvin and that damned horse...
They both should have gotten Oscars.

The part where his family gets killed you mean? Yeah that's sad, but that is a pretty short part thankfully.

Well, those two are my least favorite Clint westerns. I like the Good, The Bad and The Ugly, A Fist Full of Dollars and a Few Dollars More (that's a trilogy), and The Outlaw Josey Wales. There are a few more too. I like the Dirty Harry movies too. My father loved Clint. Lol.

No, I am talking about when he attacks the Union camp after that. It was such a cheesy scene, poorly acted as well, I decided the movie wasn't going to be worth watching. :p

You should have watched the whole movie.

Morning

Thursday's start your day with a smile or grin :biggrin:

funny-animals-911.jpg

We will be getting the rain from Calif's big dump yesterday, today.
I'm glad we have nowhere to go. :)

Well, I went to my face-to-face interview with the committee responsible for interviewing candidates for the professorship at the Uni. This was the third phase of the process so apparently my credentials have been found adequate. After all the candidates have been interviewed, any survivors will be submitted to the dean, who will further thin the herd and conduct his own interview. Having been teaching as an adjunct for the past 15 years, I was able to provide very specific examples of how I would improve (and have improved) the program, as well as many other answers to the questions posed by the committee. I'm not sure whether knowing all these guys personally, having worked with them over the years, is a plus point. I'd like to think I'm a shoe-in but I know my weaknesses as well as my strengths. There are two things that give me cause for pause, though. First, I would have to commute in to and back home during rush hour, five days a week. I'm not sure I'm up to that kind of stress, especially in Winter when all the idiots seem to appear magically to block the only road into town, or back out. The other sticking point will be the salary I am offered. I know what I need to make ends meet. I also am aware that the University it undergoing budget cuts so my pay may not be commensurate with my co-workers.

So would you keep the dairy so that you HAD to go home? Or if the new job did meet your needs, would you sell that? And then perhaps an apartment in town so that you didn't have to commute would be feasible? Hope it works out for you though GW. I actually wish I could find a really part time, non restrictive paying job that would not bore me to tears--could use the 'mad money'--and if something should open up I will try to snag it. But at this stage of life I don't want to tie myself down with something that isn't really fun or at least rewarding to do.

So we are sort of between storms at the moment. Yesterday's rain and snow has departed and we don't expect the next round until later today with snow expected overnight. But happy Thursday everybody. We don't have a darn thing that we absolutely HAVE to do today. Life is good.

Forum List

Back