USMB Coffee Shop IV

We have Time Warner down here, whenever it goes out we blame the wind....... :eusa_whistle:
:D
Have Time Warner as well Yet when we had all the tornadoes around here it didn't go out go figure.:disbelief:
It's a running joke between the wife and I, most likely is old infrastructure that needs some serious updating. That's one thing I'll give Comcast (at least in the major cities) they keep their infrastructure up to date, never had a problem with their service.
I was thinking about bundling my tv and internet through Time Warner have second thoughs about that now.
If we had Comcast I'd switch in a heartbeat, while Time Warner's internet is fast it does drop signal from time to time here in El Paso. It's really not all that bad depending on who you're using now for internet. Take what I say about Time Warner (in general) with a grain of salt, This is the only experience we've had with TW and the problems could only be related to El Paso, the land of manana.........

I have Comcast. They aren't so great either. Lol. :D I have a bundle that includes cable, phone and high speed internet. Expensive!!! I pay about $200 a month.
That's wild, I"ve never paid more than $125 for mine and when it got that high I threatened to switch to Verizon...... Got it back down to under $100 but I also don't buy the premium channels.

BTW, here's the snow storm we had recently.

DSC_0301.JPG

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0302.JPG

I'd like to have that for a week or two here. :)

You don't get snow where you live? Or is it that you just like snow?

We only get snow here rarely. That's better than the never when I was in Florida, but I'd prefer once or twice a year for the little one to play in.

Let me assure you that you would grow tired of it quickly. Lol. A couple of days I could deal with though.

The way I live, snow isn't a problem. I don't drive, I don't leave the house much other than taking the dogs out. I would mostly be in the snow just to play with the little one. I lived in New York until I was 14, I've been in snow enough to know it wouldn't be a problem for me to have it for a few weeks a year here. :)

Once I'm done as a nanny, I'll probably be happier avoiding it. :lol:

You could have mentioned that! :D

Disgustingly stupid. :lol:

I can enjoy good campy humor (I'm a fan of the Evil Dead series as well as the old Flash Gordon movie) but I found Starship Troopers to just be dumb. The only good thing about it was making fun of it with a friend of mine when we saw it in the theater. :D

Yeah, it was pretty stupid too but mostly just gross. :lol:
But they still managed to make what, three or four sequels?
They made two more........ The original is a cult classic B movie, the other two pretty much sucked.

You liked it, didn't you? ;)
I like "well done" B movies, the campier the better. :lol:

I like some of them too, but they can't be about giant bugs eating people. That is just too disgusting for me. Lol.

Yeah, it was pretty stupid too but mostly just gross. :lol:
But they still managed to make what, three or four sequels?
They made two more........ The original is a cult classic B movie, the other two pretty much sucked.

You liked it, didn't you? ;)
I like "well done" B movies, the campier the better. :lol:

I like some of them too, but they can't be about giant bugs eating people. That is just too disgusting for me. Lol.
I've seen worse in real life........ So it doesn't bother me.

Have Time Warner as well Yet when we had all the tornadoes around here it didn't go out go figure.:disbelief:
It's a running joke between the wife and I, most likely is old infrastructure that needs some serious updating. That's one thing I'll give Comcast (at least in the major cities) they keep their infrastructure up to date, never had a problem with their service.
I was thinking about bundling my tv and internet through Time Warner have second thoughs about that now.
If we had Comcast I'd switch in a heartbeat, while Time Warner's internet is fast it does drop signal from time to time here in El Paso. It's really not all that bad depending on who you're using now for internet. Take what I say about Time Warner (in general) with a grain of salt, This is the only experience we've had with TW and the problems could only be related to El Paso, the land of manana.........

I have Comcast. They aren't so great either. Lol. :D I have a bundle that includes cable, phone and high speed internet. Expensive!!! I pay about $200 a month.
That's wild, I"ve never paid more than $125 for mine and when it got that high I threatened to switch to Verizon...... Got it back down to under $100 but I also don't buy the premium channels.

Maybe it would be cheaper where you live. Everything is expensive around here. I have no idea why since we have such harsh winters. You know, everyone complains about it! :lol: I

Here is a summary of my bill. It's actually 203.86 this month. They must have increased something on the new year?? I'll have to look into that and see why it's more. Last billing period, it was 196.55.

• XFINITY Bundled Services$161.49

• Additional XFINITY TV Services$13.94

• Additional XFINITY Voice Services$10.00

• Taxes, Surcharges & Fees$8.11

• Other Charges & Credits$10.32

Maybe it would be cheaper where you live. Everything is expensive around here. I have no idea why since we have such harsh winters. You know, everyone complains about it! :lol: I

Here is a summary of my bill. It's actually 203.86 this month. They must have increased something on the new year?? I'll have to look into that and see why it's more. Last billing period, it was 196.55.

When I had my Comcast it was in Northern Virginia, Fairfax County, the 2nd wealthiest county in the nation.......

When I had my Comcast it was in Northern Virginia, Fairfax County, the 2nd wealthiest county in the nation.......

How long ago was that?

You also want to take a close look at what they're charging you for and again, unless you're paying for pay per view and/or premium channels I think (yes even where you live) you're paying too much. Go to your local Comcast outlet (not the national online or 1-800 number) and have a chat with them, they want to keep your business and will be willing to find ways to cut your bill.

We had internet, phone, and cable bundled together not that long ago. The bill was up to around $180 a month, I think, and we ended up getting rid of the phone and cable. The phone was for me, my employer has a cell, of course, but we want a phone for me in case of emergencies with the little one. We got an Ooma, which is a VOIP (uses the internet instead of phone line). That was about $100, now it's just around $3 a month in taxes or state/federal charges.

How long ago was that?
A few years ago. Last year we had it in Trinidad Colorado and paid around $75 for all three

How long ago was that?
A few years ago. Last year we had it in Trinidad Colorado and paid around $75 for all three

I have extended basic cable. I don't have anything fancy, and that is going rate around here. They start you off on a "special trial offer," and then once your trial offer is over, they jack up the prices. Lol.

Oh and speaking of campy B movies I still like some of the older John Wayne movies no matter how historically incorrect they are. Now a great movie that is mostly historically incorrect, Silverado is one of my favorites.
Believe it or not I hate most of the old Clint Eastwood movies, especially the old spaghetti westerns, despised The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

How long ago was that?

I have extended basic cable. I don't have anything fancy, and that is going rate around here. They start you off on a "special trial offer," and then once your trial offer is over, they jack up the prices. Lol.
Yeah, they've tried that every time with me, corporate won't deal with you but the local outlet will....... go talk with them, threaten to move over to Verizon if they really won't deal.

Oh and speaking of campy B movies I still like some of the older John Wayne movies no matter how historically incorrect they are. Now a great movie that is mostly historically incorrect, Silverado is one of my favorites.
Believe it or not I hate most of the old Clint Eastwood movies, especially the old spaghetti westerns, despised The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

You like Starship Troopers, but you don't like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly? :D

What about The Outlaw Josey Wales? That's a good one too. :D

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." :lol:

I don't mind Pale Rider or Unforgiven. I don't know that I've cared that much for any other Eastwood western. I watched the beginning of Josey Wales and it was just too bad for me to watch.

Of course, I thought Starship Troopers was terrible. :lol:

I don't mind Pale Rider or Unforgiven. I don't know that I've cared that much for any other Eastwood western. I watched the beginning of Josey Wales and it was just too bad for me to watch.

Of course, I thought Starship Troopers was terrible. :lol:

The part where his family gets killed you mean? Yeah that's sad, but that is a pretty short part thankfully.

Well, those two are my least favorite Clint westerns. I like the Good, The Bad and The Ugly, A Fist Full of Dollars and a Few Dollars More (that's a trilogy), and The Outlaw Josey Wales. There are a few more too. I like the Dirty Harry movies too. My father loved Clint. Lol.

Forum List

Back