🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

10307389_172057386485607_7764839035118535637_n.jpg

Oh shit.

Well, I went to my face-to-face interview with the committee responsible for interviewing candidates for the professorship at the Uni. This was the third phase of the process so apparently my credentials have been found adequate. After all the candidates have been interviewed, any survivors will be submitted to the dean, who will further thin the herd and conduct his own interview. Having been teaching as an adjunct for the past 15 years, I was able to provide very specific examples of how I would improve (and have improved) the program, as well as many other answers to the questions posed by the committee. I'm not sure whether knowing all these guys personally, having worked with them over the years, is a plus point. I'd like to think I'm a shoe-in but I know my weaknesses as well as my strengths. There are two things that give me cause for pause, though. First, I would have to commute in to and back home during rush hour, five days a week. I'm not sure I'm up to that kind of stress, especially in Winter when all the idiots seem to appear magically to block the only road into town, or back out. The other sticking point will be the salary I am offered. I know what I need to make ends meet. I also am aware that the University it undergoing budget cuts so my pay may not be commensurate with my co-workers.

So would you keep the dairy so that you HAD to go home? Or if the new job did meet your needs, would you sell that? And then perhaps an apartment in town so that you didn't have to commute would be feasible? Hope it works out for you though GW. I actually wish I could find a really part time, non restrictive paying job that would not bore me to tears--could use the 'mad money'--and if something should open up I will try to snag it. But at this stage of life I don't want to tie myself down with something that isn't really fun or at least rewarding to do.
I will be keeping the farm, but am going to significantly decrease dairy production. I'll keep a few dairy does for personal use, but am thinking I might establish an angora goat herd. This would please my partner and actually decrease my work load. I've tried living in town and really don't like having the cops crawling under my truck, looking for some perp. The body shop across the street burned to the ground Christmas a few years ago. Imagine waking to the smell of smoke when your family is staying with you and watching as burning embers land on your roof. Thankfully, we had a solid couple of inches of snow on the roof that year. Oh, yeah, not to mention the gun shots echoing in the streets periodically...
Depending on what they offer me for a salary at the Uni, there is another outfit offering 4/10 shifts, primarily hangar work only 30 minutes from my place. For now, I'm in limbo and waiting for some karmic guidance.

Wonder if Ernie is hiring? A couple of us working there and it would be a "unique" bar...

I would actually make a great bartender - at least once I learned how to mix a few drinks. I love dealing with people who already know what they want when they come in so I don't have to sell. But I would prefer a morning job that didn't break up my day.
I'd like a 180 grain boattail. Thanks.

Still doing laundry here. We've been having problems with the washer and it's taking twice as long as usual. The temps have dropped to more normal levels, which means I have to have my freshly laundered, insulated britches for work.
I have cast my lot to the powers-that-be. Although I've been teaching now part-time for 15 years, I am not sure I'll be able to handle a "normal" work schedule. Because of budgeting constraints, tenure no longer exists at the Uni, so I will most likely be hired (if at all) as a "term" employee. That means 12-24 months of contract (at-will) work. If I really cannot stand the commute, I will still have an "out". That "at-will", contract thing works both ways...

Still doing laundry here. We've been having problems with the washer and it's taking twice as long as usual. The temps have dropped to more normal levels, which means I have to have my freshly laundered, insulated britches for work.
I have cast my lot to the powers-that-be. Although I've been teaching now part-time for 15 years, I am not sure I'll be able to handle a "normal" work schedule. Because of budgeting constraints, tenure no longer exists at the Uni, so I will most likely be hired (if at all) as a "term" employee. That means 12-24 months of contract (at-will) work. If I really cannot stand the commute, I will still have an "out". That "at-will", contract thing works both ways...

Good luck to you GW! :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Winter-house-covered-in-snow.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Foxy, would you please throw in Mr Kat's name. You know what he has coming up. Thanks in advance.

Well, I went to my face-to-face interview with the committee responsible for interviewing candidates for the professorship at the Uni. This was the third phase of the process so apparently my credentials have been found adequate. After all the candidates have been interviewed, any survivors will be submitted to the dean, who will further thin the herd and conduct his own interview. Having been teaching as an adjunct for the past 15 years, I was able to provide very specific examples of how I would improve (and have improved) the program, as well as many other answers to the questions posed by the committee. I'm not sure whether knowing all these guys personally, having worked with them over the years, is a plus point. I'd like to think I'm a shoe-in but I know my weaknesses as well as my strengths. There are two things that give me cause for pause, though. First, I would have to commute in to and back home during rush hour, five days a week. I'm not sure I'm up to that kind of stress, especially in Winter when all the idiots seem to appear magically to block the only road into town, or back out. The other sticking point will be the salary I am offered. I know what I need to make ends meet. I also am aware that the University it undergoing budget cuts so my pay may not be commensurate with my co-workers.

So would you keep the dairy so that you HAD to go home? Or if the new job did meet your needs, would you sell that? And then perhaps an apartment in town so that you didn't have to commute would be feasible? Hope it works out for you though GW. I actually wish I could find a really part time, non restrictive paying job that would not bore me to tears--could use the 'mad money'--and if something should open up I will try to snag it. But at this stage of life I don't want to tie myself down with something that isn't really fun or at least rewarding to do.
I will be keeping the farm, but am going to significantly decrease dairy production. I'll keep a few dairy does for personal use, but am thinking I might establish an angora goat herd. This would please my partner and actually decrease my work load. I've tried living in town and really don't like having the cops crawling under my truck, looking for some perp. The body shop across the street burned to the ground Christmas a few years ago. Imagine waking to the smell of smoke when your family is staying with you and watching as burning embers land on your roof. Thankfully, we had a solid couple of inches of snow on the roof that year. Oh, yeah, not to mention the gun shots echoing in the streets periodically...
Depending on what they offer me for a salary at the Uni, there is another outfit offering 4/10 shifts, primarily hangar work only 30 minutes from my place. For now, I'm in limbo and waiting for some karmic guidance.
Noah..... This is God Noah..........

Went back up to High Rolls yesterday to stop at the Old Apple Barn for some more over priced nick knacks the wife wanted. Just after we arrived it started to snow. By the time we were half way down the mountain it was overcast and warmer, by the time were were half way back to El Paso it was sunny and relatively toasty.......
Haven't quite started the BART diet...... to my detriment...... Lot's of painful episodes since yesterday afternoon, time to stop procrastinating.

We got lots of much needed rain and a tiny amount of snow.
Benson got more than we did, about inch and a half.

Everyone have a great weekend !

funny-animals-308.jpg

Good morning everybody. Woke up to another white world but
We got lots of much needed rain and a tiny amount of snow.
Benson got more than we did, about inch and a half.

Everyone have a great weekend !

funny-animals-308.jpg

At least you have power and internet. How far outside Benson are you guys?

Good morning everybody. We woke up to another dusting of snow that probably has some ice under it, but it was only a dusting for us. The clouds are still completely obscuring the mountains but I'm sure they got substantially more. We need all we can get. And again it is Friday, and though the clouds are low and gray, it is stacking up to be a good day. Hope everybody is looking forward to a good weekend.

Forum List

Back