🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. Woke up to another white world but
We got lots of much needed rain and a tiny amount of snow.
Benson got more than we did, about inch and a half.

Everyone have a great weekend !

funny-animals-308.jpg

At least you have power and internet. How far outside Benson are you guys?

Yep ! :)
10 miles.

When we lived on the mountain, we were 12 miles from the first exit in Albuquerque and when we lost power the road was usually impassable until they could get the plows to us. We learned to stock up and prepare for those times but if it lasted very long, it could be a little scary.

funny-animals-308.jpg

10 miles.

When we lived on the mountain, we were 12 miles from the first exit in Albuquerque and when we lost power the road was usually impassable until they could get the plows to us. We learned to stock up and prepare for those times but if it lasted very long, it could be a little scary.
Try living like this for a week or two.........

civil-war-soldier-4a044ebadcdcfaeb_large.jpg

I've done it.
(No, that's not me)

Ours had a little tiny potbellied stove in it that barely had enough room to put a small coffee pot on but with canvas covering the door it did keep it fairly warm.

Argh, I hate when my ears get clogged and everything sounds muted! I just can't get it cleared. :mad:
Polar bear swim?

Heh, I wish it were just swimming that did it. This happens to me every once in a while, sometimes it last a day, sometimes, like now, it goes on for days and feels like it will never clear up.

I tried peroxide in the ear and that didn't work, I'm considering getting some sort of ear pick and hoping that will do it. I'm constantly pushing against my ear hoping the suction it causes will pop open the clog. So annoying. :p

Argh, I hate when my ears get clogged and everything sounds muted! I just can't get it cleared. :mad:
Polar bear swim?

Heh, I wish it were just swimming that did it. This happens to me every once in a while, sometimes it last a day, sometimes, like now, it goes on for days and feels like it will never clear up.

I tried peroxide in the ear and that didn't work, I'm considering getting some sort of ear pick and hoping that will do it. I'm constantly pushing against my ear hoping the suction it causes will pop open the clog. So annoying. :p
Get a dropper and put one drop alcohol in each ear, works for me but it will be "warm" so expect it........

Foxy, would you please throw in Mr Kat's name. You know what he has coming up. Thanks in advance.

Absolutely Kat. And especially today as he has the next round of tests.

Surgery is set for next Thursday. Will be very happy when it is over. Thank you so much. ♥♥

I'm sure it will be smooth sailing and then you two can relax and just be again. But a few more prayers and/or positive vibes can't hurt. They sure have made a difference for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Went back up to High Rolls yesterday to stop at the Old Apple Barn for some more over priced nick knacks the wife wanted. Just after we arrived it started to snow. By the time we were half way down the mountain it was overcast and warmer, by the time were were half way back to El Paso it was sunny and relatively toasty.......
Haven't quite started the BART diet...... to my detriment...... Lot's of painful episodes since yesterday afternoon, time to stop procrastinating.

And once you are stabilized you might want to look up the Budwig Protocol. I've been on it for a week now and wow, what a difference.

WARNING. This is a much more raunchy joke than Mama Fox normally tells and I don't want us to get too ummm free wheeling in here. But I have to admit I laughed out loud at this one. . . .so if you aren't too easily offended. . . please proceed:

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

A car full of Irish nuns is sitting at a traffic light in downtown Dublin, when a bunch of rowdy drunks pull up alongside of them.

"Hey, show us yer tits, ya bloody penguins!" shouts one of the drunks.

Quite shocked, Mother Superior turns to Sister Mary Immaculata and says, "I don't think they know who we are; show them your cross."

Sister Mary Immaculata rolls down her window and shouts, "Piss off, ya fookin' little wankers, before I come over there and rip yer balls off!"

Sister Mary Immaculata then rolls up her window, looks back at Mother Superior, quite innocently, and asks, "Did that sound cross enough?

Went back up to High Rolls yesterday to stop at the Old Apple Barn for some more over priced nick knacks the wife wanted. Just after we arrived it started to snow. By the time we were half way down the mountain it was overcast and warmer, by the time were were half way back to El Paso it was sunny and relatively toasty.......
Haven't quite started the BART diet...... to my detriment...... Lot's of painful episodes since yesterday afternoon, time to stop procrastinating.
Why are you stealing all of our snow! Oh, well, I suppose you are welcome to it, if that's what you really want...heh, heh, heh!

Polar bear swim?

Tell your doctor, they can flush out your ears. You will hear better too probably.

funny-animals-308.jpg

10 miles.
Back in the days when I was hanging around Sierra Vista and Ft H., there really wasn't much within 10 miles of Benson.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Polar bear swim?

Try warmed olive oil.

I know a person who went and had their ears flushed, and they said it looked like YEARS worth of crud came out of their ears. :puke:

Things like that are some reasons why I decided to stay on the administrative side of the healthcare field.

I know a person who went and had their ears flushed, and they said it looked like YEARS worth of crud came out of their ears. :puke:

Things like that are some reasons why I decided to stay on the administrative side of the healthcare field.
Guess no one ever told them about Q-tips....... I'd hate to see their belly button........ :eusa_whistle:

Probably it would be impossible to identify all the GMO foods out there, much less avoid them and still have much enjoyment in the pleasures of eating. I feel sorry for those who must avoid all wheat or all soy or all dairy for health reasons because our food supply is permeated with them, and unless you don't get bored with plain meat, veggies, salt and pepper, I would find that pretty grim. But then I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, etc. So take all the GMOs out of that and there isn't much left to enjoy. People have been breeding plants and animals for maximum quality and yields for a very long time but I would like to avoid the waxes (for appearance) and injected hormones etc. as much as possible and completely artificially developed or created foodstuffs aren't my cup of tea. There has to be some kind of reasonable balance in there somewhere.
I wouldn't worry about the waxes, they come from plants that naturally produce the wax and are used to do more than make the apple look pretty.
Pick an apple off a tree, rub it on your shirt and now you have a nice shiny apple. What you just did was remove the natural wax the apple produces to protect it's high moisture content, a wax without which it would shrivel up on the tree and would become inedible.

The shininess you get by rubbing an apple on your shirt doesn't show the removal of wax, but rather pesticides. Wax isn't applied until the apples reach processing in the packaging plant where it's bathed in wax.

Forum List

Back