USMB Coffee Shop IV

My definition of serious is pretty narrow.

1. Cut knee with chainsaw early 1990s. Bought supplies and fixed it at home by myself. Result: fully functional knee with a small scar.
2. Limited mobility in shoulder due to rotator cuff injury. Went back into place when I threw a 35lbs. bush over my shoulder two years later. Result: full mobility.
3. Dislocated left ring finger from a log kicking back. Popped it back in place. Periodically requires me to readjust it. Result very slight mobility issue.

You've been lucky. Nothing more. ;)
There are times I feel like the Black Knight in Monty Python's the Holy Grail.........

I bet you actually watched that movie. Guys love it. I just won't. :)

Oh and boys and girls, today's lesson is one of observation. There is a dog in this picture.

12540841_1281287268552199_3548949043820173007_n.jpg

1. Cut knee with chainsaw early 1990s. Bought supplies and fixed it at home by myself. Result: fully functional knee with a small scar.
2. Limited mobility in shoulder due to rotator cuff injury. Went back into place when I threw a 35lbs. bush over my shoulder two years later. Result: full mobility.
3. Dislocated left ring finger from a log kicking back. Popped it back in place. Periodically requires me to readjust it. Result very slight mobility issue.

There are times I feel like the Black Knight in Monty Python's the Holy Grail.........

I watched it. It's pretty funny. I love the killer rabbit scene! :lol: The most foul, cruel and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

I have the movie....... What part do you want me to quote.......? :D

Well it has been a long day and I have to be at the hospital at 7 a.m for a Ct scan--no I have no alarming symptoms but I have a doctor who is on definitive search to find something wrong with me--so I need to turn in. Sweet dreams everybody.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. Kat
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

deep_snow.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Imagine! That rickety little shack supporting the weight of all that snow!!
Shacks like that may not be as rickety as they look. Good log construction can last a long time.

That movie is a classic. We quote stuff from it all the time. Castle Anthrax was great: "But first, the oral sex...then the spankings!" "First me!" "Then me!"...
Or the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch: " And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."
Lots of great stuff in that movie!

[grins sheepishly] Just sayin'...

That movie is a classic. We quote stuff from it all the time. Castle Anthrax was great: "But first, the oral sex...then the spankings!" "First me!" "Then me!"...
Or the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch: " And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

There is plenty of British humor I don't find funny at all, including from Python, but when they were on, they were absolutely hilarious. Between good Python and Douglas Adams, I know the Brits can be extremely funny.

Now, Benny Hill......I don't get that silly crap at all. :lol:

LOL, I guess you just have to be a guy. :)

. . .or Chris. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back