USMB Coffee Shop IV

My definition of serious is pretty narrow.

1. Cut knee with chainsaw early 1990s. Bought supplies and fixed it at home by myself. Result: fully functional knee with a small scar.
2. Limited mobility in shoulder due to rotator cuff injury. Went back into place when I threw a 35lbs. bush over my shoulder two years later. Result: full mobility.
3. Dislocated left ring finger from a log kicking back. Popped it back in place. Periodically requires me to readjust it. Result very slight mobility issue.

You've been lucky. Nothing more. ;)
There are times I feel like the Black Knight in Monty Python's the Holy Grail.........

I bet you actually watched that movie. Guys love it. I just won't. :)

That movie is a classic. We quote stuff from it all the time. Castle Anthrax was great: "But first, the oral sex...then the spankings!" "First me!" "Then me!"...
Or the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch: " And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."
Lots of great stuff in that movie!

[grins sheepishly] Just sayin'...

There is plenty of British humor I don't find funny at all, including from Python, but when they were on, they were absolutely hilarious. Between good Python and Douglas Adams, I know the Brits can be extremely funny.

Now, Benny Hill......I don't get that silly crap at all. :lol:

Slapstick humor...just the silliness of Benny Hill was funny.

By the way, Clemson and Alabama are playing for the national championship right now. I bet Doc Holliday's is jumping.

Phew! First day at school. Managed to drag my lecture our an hour and a half, could've gone longer if the next class wasn't lingering outside my classroom. I have a full class, 24 students. Lectures won't be a problem, but I have to juggle the labs around.
My partner is hanging around right now. He's cleaning some leftovers out of my 'fridge, and that's a good thing. He likes to come out and feed the goats, but he also likes to change things from the way I do them all week, until he shows up. Right now, I'm ignoring him because he's babbling about politics. Needless to say, he likes to criticize my politics, too. Ah, well...I try to take it all with a grain of salt and focus on the small 'good' things he accomplishes.
My little barn kitten is developing character. He doesn't even run away or back off much when I'm milking. As a matter of fact, he (she?) will come out of hiding as soon as I start milking.
Days are getting longer and if the temps stay like this, Spring will come early for us. That means the building season will be longer, too!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. Kat
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan1, Noomi, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

HouseUnderSnow.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

My definition of serious is pretty narrow.

1. Cut knee with chainsaw early 1990s. Bought supplies and fixed it at home by myself. Result: fully functional knee with a small scar.
2. Limited mobility in shoulder due to rotator cuff injury. Went back into place when I threw a 35lbs. bush over my shoulder two years later. Result: full mobility.
3. Dislocated left ring finger from a log kicking back. Popped it back in place. Periodically requires me to readjust it. Result very slight mobility issue.

There are times I feel like the Black Knight in Monty Python's the Holy Grail.........

That movie is a classic. We quote stuff from it all the time. Castle Anthrax was great: "But first, the oral sex...then the spankings!" "First me!" "Then me!"...
Or the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch: " And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

LOL, I guess you just have to be a guy. :)

. . .or Chris. :)

I know plenty of women who like Monty Python. :eusa_think: Why do you think only men would enjoy it?

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan1, Noomi, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

HouseUnderSnow.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

The people who live in that house had better get shoveling ASAP! :D

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat

HouseUnderSnow.jpg

The people who live in that house had better get shoveling ASAP! :D

It is incredible isn't it? But in a good snow year on Sandia Crest - the mountain that forms the eastern boundary of Albuquerque - the gift shop at the top is a tall two story building, and I have seen snow deep enough to reach the rafters of the roof up there. It is quite amazing.

I know plenty of women who like Monty Python. :eusa_think: Why do you think only men would enjoy it?

Just teasing because I don't like that kind of film at all. :) (Not to impugn or question the taste of those of you who do of course.)

Just teasing because I don't like that kind of film at all. :) (Not to impugn or question the taste of those of you who do of course.)

Agreed. Some people love horror movies, I have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with em especially if they're well done (actually scary), I'll have nightmares. Some I find interesting and they don't bother me, others.........

Agreed. Some people love horror movies, I have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with em especially if they're well done (actually scary), I'll have nightmares. Some I find interesting and they don't bother me, others.........

I fast forward through the evil horror movie commercials, otherwise I sleep with one eye open ...but love a good action science fiction.

I fast forward through the evil horror movie commercials, otherwise I sleep with one eye open ...but love a good action science fiction.
I love all kinds of different movies not to mention different books however, eons ago I read a Lovecraft short story....... Never read another, kept me awake for days.
Now take many of the older horror movies, I tend to find them more comical than scary.

I love all kinds of different movies not to mention different books however, eons ago I read a Lovecraft short story....... Never read another, kept me awake for days.
Now take many of the older horror movies, I tend to find them more comical than scary.

Look at how scared everyone was with the movie Jaws..in the 1970's it is funny now except the music is what gets you. lol

Or like for you, the books get to our psyche...

I can't even watch the evil movies on TMC... ( Turner Classic Movies ) :lol:

Roll Tide!

11605934.jpeg

Congratulations Ernie. The Tide made you proud. We watched the game from beginning to end and it was truly a championship game with Clemson providing real competition. And I was most impressed with the Alabama coach and players who acknowledged that and gave Clemson proper kudos. I bet Doc Holliday's was a spectacle to behold last night. :)

Look at how scared everyone was with the movie Jaws..in the 1970's it is funny now except the music is what gets you. lol

Ah, another sensitive soul! I can't watch the movies that involve torture of humans or beast or graphically show violence in which people try to harm people or animals. That kind of thing hurts my soul. The anti-hero isn't my thing either. I want movies that inspire, encourage, and/or have you standing and cheering at the end.

But I confess that Jaws was a brilliantly written book - a real page turner - and I did love and still do love the movie except for the opening scene that I zip through. Ditto Dante's Peak--I hate the opening scene and zip through it. I also am a science and natural disaster movie aficionado--I love the challenge of people dealing with natural problems to solve and/or the power of nature, most especially when they spare us the worst of the blood and gore.

Last edited:

Ah, another sensitive soul! I can't watch the movies that involve torture of humans or beast or graphically show violence in which people try to harm people or animals. That kind of thing hurts my soul. The anti-hero isn't my thing either. I want movies that inspire, encourage, and/or have you standing and cheering at the end.

But I confess that Jaws was a brilliantly written book - a real page turner - and I did love and still do love the movie except for the opening scene that I zip through. Ditto Dante's Peak--I hate the opening scene and zip through it. I also am a science and natural disaster movie aficionado--I love the challenge of people dealing with natural problems to solve and/or the power of nature, most especially when they spare us the worst of the blood and gore.

What are your favorite movies this last year?

Forum List

Back