USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning all. Trying to get my motor running so I can get my rear in gear. With this last shoulder flare up sleep isn't that easy to get again so I'm sleeping later trying to get all my necessary ZZZs. But this is our 42 day so have to be ready to leave the house at 11:30. That gives me a whole two hours. But the sun's up and out, the market's up, and all in all it is stacking up as a good day. Hope it is the same for all.

The little one doesn't like me cutting any of my hair.

I cut my hair very short a while back after having it long my whole adult life. I did it because we had had issues with lice. The little one has said she wants me to grow it long again. Eventually I said, "OK. I'm not going to cut any of my hair, not on my head and not shaving.". Now I have a fuzzy semi-beard thing going. Maybe it will be better eventually, but with my curly hair, right now I have just hair that goes out from my face rather than down. I told her I wanted to shave it off, and she got upset and said no. I told her I would rub it on her if she wants me to keep it and she was fine with that. So, after she's done eating, I'm going to go rub fuzzy beard on her face and belly to see if I can tickle with it. :) Maybe it will annoy her and she'll change her mind about me shaving. :lol:
After years of sporting a long ponytail/braid, I love my shorter hair. Shaving has never been an issue, but the long hair is gone and life is a lot...simpler.

Here's another one. Do you see what is hiding in plain sight?

12705516_1006280316113976_8446042618316171437_n.jpg
A snake!

One acre of new fencing installed, weathered/damaged spots all patched up.
Garden soil mixed and cooking until April.
16 lambs ready for the auction.
Filled the first egg carton of the year.
Barn roof wind damage repaired.

Was gonna plant two Apple trees today, but since I slipped another disc in my back, I think I'll head on over to the urgent care clinic in a few hours instead...

View attachment 66460

Oh ouch. We better put you in the bad back division on the vigil list. Hope you can get relief quickly.
You've been a busy fellow Six. But filled the first egg carton? It has been so long since we had chickens it never occurred to me that they didn't lay during the winter. Somehow I recall ours did. But can't be sure now as I was a kid at the time.

You can force chickens to lay throughout the winter. All it takes is one light bulb to alter their natural light cycle. :)
Ah, yeah...define "natural" light cycle. In Alaska it's a bit different than in some other southern clime.

Gallantwarrior's birthday sneaking up on us yesterday reminded me. The new USMB software doesn't accommodate posting of birthdays like the old V-bulletin software did--I asked C_K about it. So for the Coffee Shop crowd, I have birthdays (day and month only - no years) for:

COFFEE SHOP BIRTHDAYS

Sherry
Daisy the Mutt
NosmoKing
gallantwarrior (just added)
Sfc Ollie
Dajjal
BigBlackDog
Spoonman
Ernie S.
ChrisL
Gracie
Peach174
Foxfyre
Montrovant
WelfareQueen
Kat

A couple of you have so far gently declined to provide such important date.

But any of the rest of you who are comfortable doing so, please post your birthdate - day and month only is asked for - or PM it to me so I can get you on the list.

I turned 33 on the 3rd day of the 12th month of the 15th year. All divisible by 3. :afro:
There must be some serous feng suie in those numbers.

Okay, we have the date for the wife's face to face interview in Gardnersville, 2 weeks away. Setting up a feeding service for the cats, have a car rented for a week and a hotel booked near Gardnersville. Decided to drive as the cost is a fraction of air fare, almost $1800 round trip for both of us flying. It'll take 2 days up and 2 days back. The money they're offering is pretty nice also, hopefully this will work out. :thup:
Good luck to you and the Mrs., Ringel! Gardnerville is so much nicer than El Paso. I've been to both places and have relatives in both, as well.

This is Doc month I guess. Just got back from eye doctor for my every two years exam. The damn cataract in my right eye is bad enough now for surgery. BUT...Medi-Cal will not pay for all of it, he said. Medicare would, but I am not on that yet...not til I am 65. So..he is sending me to the surgeon anyway, with his report, and said the surgeon will battle Medi-Cal and try to get them to ok paying for all of it. And if they don't and we have to pay a portion of it, MrG said he would sell his truck. Awwww. I said hell..I can wait til I am 65...and he said like hell I will. "You need to SEE. It will be done". So..ok. It will be done then. I guess. Unless this surgeon dude can get the insurace to pay for ALL of it.
Crossing my hooks for you, Gracie!

Gallantwarrior's birthday sneaking up on us yesterday reminded me. The new USMB software doesn't accommodate posting of birthdays like the old V-bulletin software did--I asked C_K about it. So for the Coffee Shop crowd, I have birthdays (day and month only - no years) for:

COFFEE SHOP BIRTHDAYS

Sherry
Daisy the Mutt
NosmoKing
gallantwarrior (just added)
Sfc Ollie
Dajjal
BigBlackDog
Spoonman
Ernie S.
ChrisL
Gracie
Peach174
Foxfyre
Montrovant
WelfareQueen
Kat

A couple of you have so far gently declined to provide such important date.

But any of the rest of you who are comfortable doing so, please post your birthdate - day and month only is asked for - or PM it to me so I can get you on the list.

I turned 33 on the 3rd day of the 12th month of the 15th year. All divisible by 3. :afro:

Unfortunately we all suck at math here. :) But would that be Dec 3?

Near as I can tell that would be April 1, 2005 was his 11th birthday, so 4-1-1994.

I like snakes. I like them to crawl on my arms. But I could never own one. Baby mice are needed. Just couldn't do it. Nope. :(

Forum List

Back