USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just got a call from the Doc's office this afternoon and Hubby is suppose to go in Wednesday for Lab tests.
Then they will call us back for the results.
Hopefully the penicillin got the infection.

Been thinking about you a lot lately Peach, and hoping things were turning around for you and the mister.

Thank you very much.
Yes every 5 to 7 years for the last 20 years, he gets these weird mysterious infections - from very serious of being in the hospital with a blood infection, a fever of 105 and then the next day he is just fine, to this type where he gets different types of infections throughout his whole body, but he does not need to be hospitalized. It's very weird and his Doctors thinks so too.
I hope the pills knocked it out and it was caught early.
He has this urinary infection but then he had a big swelling at the bottom of one of his hands where he had cut himself about 4 or 5 days ago (it was healing just fine and then boom). He went to the emergency to see if it should have been lanced and the emergency doc said no wait and see if the penicillin helps.
It did, the swelling went down just about 3 hours later and then no trace of it what- so- ever by the next morning.
This disease is just awful when it flares up.
I am just so tired right now, but he is getting better and we will see what the tests say when we get them back, however long that is.:)

12801266_977187382377836_3461402841581037182_n.jpg

:( Still picking up and dropping off twice a day.

As for the potential NV job, instead of going up and spending all that money they're doing a Skype interview on Friday. She explained her concerns and they did tell her they had 6 other candidates so we're not holding our breath. Even so it appears we're out $160 as I used the Priceline Express Deal to book a room and they don't give refunds, I missed the fine print. Sent them a nasty-gram and told them they just lost a customer.

Ewww. I would report them to the BBB and find some place to give them a rating and a piece of your mind too.
BBB won't matter as it's in their fine print (buyer beware).

Well probably so. And most airlines offering discounted fares do sell mostly nonrefundable tickets so that's probably what Priceline is dealing with. But is does suck.

If I was running a service like that, I would have a question pop up when you hit the buy button--you do understand that this discounted fare is nonrefundable? You answer yes. Do you still want to buy this ticket? You answer yes. Then and then only would the website accept the order.
That's the nastygram I sent to Priceline.

As for the potential NV job, instead of going up and spending all that money they're doing a Skype interview on Friday. She explained her concerns and they did tell her they had 6 other candidates so we're not holding our breath. Even so it appears we're out $160 as I used the Priceline Express Deal to book a room and they don't give refunds, I missed the fine print. Sent them a nasty-gram and told them they just lost a customer.
Yelp them. I also think it's illegal...regardless of fine print...to not give a refund because you gave more than 24 hour advance notice. AND...keep track, because you can call the place to see if the room has been booked. If so..they cannot keep your money AND the money they got from the room by new people.

Oh. Never mind. You booked air flight. yeah...they don't give refunds on discounted tickets. Sorry. I thought you were talking about the room.

Meanwhile...met a guy today that wanted to see the room I have coming up for rent in April. We liked him and he liked us, so after calling references, etc, I gave him a call and said "show me the money" (deposit). Not only did he bring the deposit, he also paid for aprils rent although he will not be moving in til april 1st! And, its a month to month tenancy, cuz I explained to him about the home owner being weird lately and no telling what might happen in the next couple of months. He said no problem and signed the room rental agreement.

Whew!!! One less thing to worry about! And now I can sock more money away until the Dreaded Day, whenever that happens. This weekend...I'm having a yard sale. Selling all my treasures in my room I love except for a very few things I cannot and flat out refuse to get rid of..and are small. The rest? Going going gone. And the money saved for the Move Wherever We Are Moving pot.

And MrG is going thru his tools and the shit in his room. That man is a hoarder.

Meanwhile...met a guy today that wanted to see the room I have coming up for rent in April. We liked him and he liked us, so after calling references, etc, I gave him a call and said "show me the money" (deposit). Not only did he bring the deposit, he also paid for aprils rent although he will not be moving in til april 1st! And, its a month to month tenancy, cuz I explained to him about the home owner being weird lately and no telling what might happen in the next couple of months. He said no problem and signed the room rental agreement.

Whew!!! One less thing to worry about! And now I can sock more money away until the Dreaded Day, whenever that happens. This weekend...I'm having a yard sale. Selling all my treasures in my room I love except for a very few things I cannot and flat out refuse to get rid of..and are small. The rest? Going going gone. And the money saved for the Move Wherever We Are Moving pot.

And MrG is going thru his tools and the shit in his room. That man is a hoarder.

Kinda mixed news there. Happy you found a renter, still sad for the other things going on with you. But, I have faith you will come out on top!

I hope so. And to ad to my stress level.....like, as if I need any more....I am out of cigs, so I bought a pack. It has to last me TWO DAYS. I have to go to the car to have a cig. No easy access like just walking 5 steps to the back door and lighting up. Nope. Gotta go all thru the house to the front yard, thru the gate to my car to light one up. If I still feel wonky after the major cut back, I will buy another pack. Cold turkey completely day is March 28th. I marked it on my calendar.

Be prepared for shitloads of pics in multiple threads and silence on my end. I don't wanna bark at anyone so...

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Ok. So if you know the motel name, call the front desk and if you were told which room # you were to get, ask them to connect you. Say you are a family member and just wanted to make sure they arrived safely. If that room is booked, they CANNOT keep your money AND take money for an occupied room. Can't do it. Nope.

Employees sign waivers at jobs where they run a register, saying THEY are responsible for that register if it is short at the end of their shift and that management can take that amount from their check. WRONG. Signature or not.

So...their piddly small print means squat.

Actually, if you are really bored, you could start a class action lawsuit against all motels on that discount website that refused to refund rooms but still booked them anyway. ;)

I have almost made up my mind to spend three or four hundred pounds upgrading my computer so that I can play doom 4 when it comes out. Its a lot of money just to play one game, but there may be other PC computer games coming out that I will want to play.

Why not find some other games to play for now, and wait until Doom gets cheaper? I almost never spend more than $5 on a game these days.
I'll go up to $20 for a game but even that is rare, usually it's when a $60 game I want goes on sale otherwise it's mostly $5 to $10 games. I only paid over $30 once for a game I rarely play........ obviously won't do that again.

I got a wild hair back in 2013 and built a beast of a desktop completely from scratch.
8 core AMD (4Ghz)
16GB RAM (2133Mhz)
3GB VRAM
4TB SSHD (2TB for each RAID0 config)
Liquid cooling for CPU, 8 case fans, long rang wireless mouse/keyboard, USB 3.0, firewire, blah blah blah.

...and three years later, it hardly ever even gets powered on...... to play Warcraft 3 with my wife and a couple friends on the LAN.

Cool desktop though, right? :lol:

Actually, if you are really bored, you could start a class action lawsuit against all motels on that discount website that refused to refund rooms but still booked them anyway. ;)
Unfortunately it's not the motels, they don't get the money if I don't check in because we pay Priceline who then pays the motels. If Priceline doesn't receive confirmation of our having checked in they keep the money.

Unfortunately it's not the motels, they don't get the money if I don't check in because we pay Priceline who then pays the motels. If Priceline doesn't receive confirmation of our having checked in they keep the money.

Well its a crappy way to do business in my opinion. On their end I mean. Not yours.

We have never used one of those services but I had been considering it. No more. We will continue to deal directly with the hotels and car rental companies so we can cancel if we need to. We're sort of stuck with nonrefundable airline tickets though as we can never afford full price for the refundable kind..

Well its a crappy way to do business in my opinion. On their end I mean. Not yours.

We have never used one of those services but I had been considering it. No more. We will continue to deal directly with the hotels and car rental companies so we can cancel if we need to. We're sort of stuck with nonrefundable airline tickets though as we can never afford full price for the refundable kind..
With the car rental I went through their website then I checked the travel sites for a comparison, I received a better deal through the car rental company than the travel site's supposed 40% discount. From now on I'll deal directly with the retailer.

With the car rental I went through their website then I checked the travel sites for a comparison, I received a better deal through the car rental company than the travel site's supposed 40% discount. From now on I'll deal directly with the retailer.

Since I have never dealt with one of those travel 'find your best price' services on line, I hadn't thought about it. With airline tickets, we are usually stuck, with nonrefundable tickets anyway so you can't blame the travel service. But with the motel rooms, if their arrangements with the hotels/motels is that they pay for the room only after the customer checks in, then they probably get to keep a lot of payments for unused hotel rooms. That's probably why they can offer the discounts. Again it is a crappy way to do business but I guess it works for folks who never have to cancel.

Forum List

Back