USMB Coffee Shop IV

Last weekend some family friends had a wedding near here and my middle daughter made it back from Denver. This would be the one who had her school locked down this week. Anyways, she found a Nintendo 64 system at a flea market and was trying find games and controllers while home. We hit the mother load with three controllers and many games. I also found a Super Nintendo system and a Nintendo NES System. The kids had duplicate systems at their Mom's house, so we went over there and gathered all the unmatched stuff. Managed to complete a Super Nintendo system over there. Brought back a Nintendo NES system and was able to finally get it running just now. Hopefully we can trade some of the duplicate games for a Super Nintendo transformer. Then that system should work too. Funny part is the games and systems cost about the same price as they did new. It was kind of like discovering a buried treasure.

My old-fashioned Nintendo that I enjoyed in my 40's was one of my most favorite things ever. I LOVED the Nintendo games - Super Mario and all that. It has never been the same for me since, but we didn't ever acquire a play station or x-box or anything like that after the Nintendo gave up the ghost.

Duck Hunt with the laughing dog when you missed a round is on the same game. We also have the pad you put on the floor for track events

12821327_1293912857290930_8576053029694414568_n.jpg

I have almost made up my mind to spend three or four hundred pounds upgrading my computer so that I can play doom 4 when it comes out. Its a lot of money just to play one game, but there may be other PC computer games coming out that I will want to play.

Good morning everybody, such as it is. Have I mentioned I HATE daylight savings time? But there's nothing to do but make the best of it. Our legislature almost took up the debate to do away with it in New Mexico, but the session closed at the end of February without them doing anything about it. Maybe next year.

So. . . enjoying my breakfast shake and cruising a bit here and waiting for the pain meds to kick in before I get back to cleaning out closets and such.

Hoping everybody has a decent Monday.

Good Morning !

Poor Jake
Shame on people who do stuff like this to their poor animals. :(
But I have to admit, it is funny. :)
the-funny-animals-123.jpg

I have almost made up my mind to spend three or four hundred pounds upgrading my computer so that I can play doom 4 when it comes out. Its a lot of money just to play one game, but there may be other PC computer games coming out that I will want to play.

Why not find some other games to play for now, and wait until Doom gets cheaper? I almost never spend more than $5 on a game these days.

Why not find some other games to play for now, and wait until Doom gets cheaper? I almost never spend more than $5 on a game these days.

I can relate though. When you absolutely enjoy playing a particular game and are in the mood to play it, nothing else is quite as satisfying.

I can relate though. When you absolutely enjoy playing a particular game and are in the mood to play it, nothing else is quite as satisfying.

I would never have thought of Ms. Foxy as a gamer! :D

Yeah, but Doom is a first person shooter; there are a billion of those out there to play. :lol:

I actually just finished playing 2 FPS games. If Dajjal is going for the multiplayer aspect, then sure, playing it when it comes out might be important. If he is more interested in the single player version (and I think he's talked about that before :dunno: ) waiting a while won't make much difference. ;)

I'll go up to $20 for a game but even that is rare, usually it's when a $60 game I want goes on sale otherwise it's mostly $5 to $10 games. I only paid over $30 once for a game I rarely play........ obviously won't do that again.

I'll go up to $20 for a game but even that is rare, usually it's when a $60 game I want goes on sale otherwise it's mostly $5 to $10 games. I only paid over $30 once for a game I rarely play........ obviously won't do that again.

There is no WAY I could bring myself to spend that much on a silly game. :D I'm not rich!

There is no WAY I could bring myself to spend that much on a silly game. :D I'm not rich!

I spent roughly $40 on Rise of Nations Patriots when it first came out, and it became one of my favorite things to do when I needed to escape for awhile and regroup. It was money well spent. Most of the games I have on my computer were $10 to $20 dollars though--all downloaded from CDs I purchased--and I think I've gotten my money's worth over the years. So much of my work and avocations require intense mental concentration and focus and are sometimes physically and emotionally draining. A computer game helps me unwind, get my mind off things, and generally regroup. It's almost a kind of therapy.

I spent roughly $40 on Rise of Nations Patriots when it first came out, and it became one of my favorite things to do when I needed to escape for awhile and regroup. It was money well spent. Most of the games I have on my computer were $10 to $20 dollars though--all downloaded from CDs I purchased--and I think I've gotten my money's worth over the years. So much of my work and avocations require intense mental concentration and focus and are sometimes physically and emotionally draining. A computer game helps me unwind, get my mind off things, and generally regroup. It's almost a kind of therapy.

Once I beat a game, that is usually it for me. I'm done with it.

Forum List

Back