USMB Coffee Shop IV

They were totally boogey-ing on down in Berkeley town.

No doubt... I love the Mouth Organ... :thup:

It was such an awesome show. I'd never seen Charley in concert before; I'm trying to see the remaining "classics" while they are still kicking. A few years ago, we went to a Howlin' Wolf tribute featuring Eddie Shaw and Humbert Sumlin. So good! I love the blues.

I love the blues.

Couple of mid-western blues "legends".

http://siegelschwall.com/

www.duketumatoe.com

I never was that much a blues fan--I liked two or three artists--until our daughter got interested and, as an avocation, played bass professionally in a blues band. So, we got indoctrinated and I do appreciate a lot more blues artists now and can really get into the genre when it is done well.

Third load of laundry in the washing machine. Pot of homemade (including the stock) chicken barley soup simmering on the stove.

Life is good.

:)

A person is truly a happy person if they are enjoying life doing laundry. :)

I find it rather cathartic. Having my own washer and dryer in my own house still feels like a luxury. I hope I never lose that feeling.

Oh and when we return from Arkansas, the kids have tickets for us on Friday or Saturday night--not sure which--at the huge Texas melodrama production at Palo Duro Canyon. That is a really big deal and somehow we've never seen it. Really looking forward to that.

Oh and when we return from Arkansas, the kids have tickets for us on Friday or Saturday night--not sure which--at the huge Texas melodrama production at Palo Duro Canyon. That is a really big deal and somehow we've never seen it. Really looking forward to that.
Unfortunately this might discourage me from ever going there.......

618e61c25e6ad3b619e2d2d6db919cf9.jpg

Oh I think they probably do a pretty good snake sweep of the seating area before the performance.

Years ago when our son was about five years old, we were picnicing with other family in the Canyon. Our son with his cousins, all somewhat older than him, had hiked a way up a trail into the side of the canyon wall. As they started back down, I was using binoculars to watch them and spotted an enormous rattler coiled on the trail below them. It was about then that all the boys miscalculated the grade and were running down the trail--no way in hell they would be able to stop. With my heart in my throat I watched every one of the five little boys jump that snake.

Not long after Hombre and I married, we were still living in that vicinity and I had signed up to be a counselor for the church camp--middle school age kids. The camp was located technically in the northernmost end of the Canyon. It was a week long camp and we had some of the worst weather west Texas could throw at us that whole week beginning Monday night. Every night, just about the time the kids would be back in the dorms, it would open up with thunder, lightning, and torrential rains. And the next morning we had to keep the kids entertained while the camp staff did a complete sweep of the camp to catch and kill all the rattlers that washed down out of the rocks during the night. They fed them to us for lunch twice that week.

Ow. Ouchie.

Got the dresser home (two trips due to getting the drawers first), and roomie and I went to fetch it in MrGs truck since he slept til noon and I wanted it home so I could start work on it.
Veneer. I HATE veneer. Top is all fucked up so I am peeling it off, little at a time. It's a bitch too. Which is why I HATE VENEER. Got half off. Tomorrow I will have to do the other half. Then all the sanding on the 3 pieces I have to paint..which includes the fucking VENEER dresser. Oy. Wrists are all wrapped up in ace bandages for extra support but DAYUM. I'm pooped. I think I will take a nap.

Oh I think they probably do a pretty good snake sweep of the seating area before the performance.

Years ago when our son was about five years old, we were picnicing with other family in the Canyon. Our son with his cousins, all somewhat older than him, had hiked a way up a trail into the side of the canyon wall. As they started back down, I was using binoculars to watch them and spotted an enormous rattler coiled on the trail below them. It was about then that all the boys miscalculated the grade and were running down the trail--no way in hell they would be able to stop. With my heart in my throat I watched every one of the five little boys jump that snake.

Not long after Hombre and I married, we were still living in that vicinity and I had signed up to be a counselor for the church camp--middle school age kids. The camp was located technically in the northernmost end of the Canyon. It was a week long camp and we had some of the worst weather west Texas could throw at us that whole week beginning Monday night. Every night, just about the time the kids would be back in the dorms, it would open up with thunder, lightning, and torrential rains. And the next morning we had to keep the kids entertained while the camp staff did a complete sweep of the camp to catch and kill all the rattlers that washed down out of the rocks during the night. They fed them to us for lunch twice that week.
I was looking up the canyon and pulled up images, that was one of the images. I know two things, rattlers tend to stay away from people especially where there are lots of people and where you have public venues in rattler country the staff is always on the lookout. I just have a fear of snakes, growing up in the Orient all snakes are deadly, you kill them before they can kill you.

Last edited:
It fills me with white light to bring two wild beasts together. First "successful" attempt ended badly for Gypsy Also when she went searching for a nipple:

IMG_20160604_213756.jpg

She got a bite and a half for that one and pouted in a ball for about 10 minutes. Moo-Moo don't play that nanny crap.

IMG_20160604_213822.jpg

Then she tried again. The proper way this time.

IMG_20160604_213837.jpg

And they all napped happily ever after... Until my butt went numb, then the party was over. lol

Welcome to your new home, Gypsy Also.

We just got back from Stone Mountain about half an hour ago. I had never been before. Not surprisingly, it isn't something I enjoy altogether too much. Mostly I like seeing the little one having a good time, which she mostly did. I'm glad I won't be going on their week long trip to Disney later this year, though. :p

I wouldn't go to Disneyland if someone paid me. Too damn busy. Magic Mountain is worse. People. Everywhere. *shudder*

WOW my stomach lunged when I saw that! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Rattlesnake roundups--the type that would produce that bucket full--have been a huge controversy in west Texas and other places that have a lot of rattlers. Some think they are wrong; some think they are necessary. I tend to think that if we don't bother the snakes they won't bother us. If they do, then dispatch them as necessary.

Good morning everybody. Short night. Went to bed late. Had some trouble staying asleep. Shoulder and back both woke me several times. But I feel surprisingly good this morning, so enjoying coffee and then we're off to the early church service and maybe brunch. The last few anticipation days before vacation.

Of course I still have to clean house in case we croak or something while we're gone and I wouldn't want the family and neighbors to think we live like we usually live.

It fills me with white light to bring two wild beasts together. First "successful" attempt ended badly for Gypsy Also when she went searching for a nipple:

View attachment 77104

She got a bite and a half for that one and pouted in a ball for about 10 minutes. Moo-Moo don't play that nanny crap.

View attachment 77105

Then she tried again. The proper way this time.

View attachment 77106

And they all napped happily ever after... Until my butt went numb, then the party was over. lol

Welcome to your new home, Gypsy Also.

Aww. That's so cute.

If my auntie saw that, she would have a heart attacks. She even gets creeped out by fake snakes. Lol.

Forum List

Back