USMB Coffee Shop IV

:coffee:
Keep Hydrated folks...

upload_2016-6-21_6-32-19.png

Morning everybody.
I have been very busy lately, so I have not been on lately.
I hope you all had a good weekend.

Man it's hot here. It got up to 110 yesterday afternoon. It's even hotter in Tucson & PHX whew!!!
I feel so sorry for our wildlife out there. The poor little hummers and oriels have their little beaks open and some lay across the sugar water feeder panting real heavy , with their little tongues hanging out. Poor things!!

I meant to comment yesterday and got sidetracked. We being from New Mexico, Texas, Kansas are used to occasional 100 degree heat though that is really hot for Albuquerque--our summer temps are usually in the low to mid 90's.. Really hot is around 104. We were at Laughlin NV one summer though in which the daytime max temps hovered around 110. Then one day they announced severe heat danger as the temp had climbed to 120. And one knowledgeable person advised us it was likely hotter as they took the temp on the river so they wouldn't appear so inhospitable to visitors.

I stepped for a moment into that 120 degree heat. You wouldn't think just 10 degrees makes so much difference, but I can testify it makes a HUGE difference. We could tolerate the 110 for short periods. The 120 not so much. And your 110 is dangerous enough.

So let's hope this massive high pressure system over our area of the country breaks down soon. They said probably in a few days but it could be another week.

DSCN0280.JPG

For some months now I have been dreaming of doing eight large paintings to give to the art in hospitals project. Because I have eight large canvases.
I have now made the first step as this morning I painted over the picture above with primer. I have destroyed one picture with the aim of painting a much better one on the canvas. So the only place the above picture exists now is on my computer.
I took a large canvas (six feet by five feet) out into the street where some kids were playing, a few years ago.
I gave them a pack of oil pastels and told them to draw on it. Then I took it home and coloured it in.
I quite liked the result but it contains some crudity, which is what you might expect from kids. In an event I have now destroyed it because I would not want to waste a very large canvas on such a picture when I have an idea that will be far better: A field of sunflowers.

View attachment 78865

For some months now I have been dreaming of doing eight large paintings to give to the art in hospitals project. Because I have eight large canvases.
I have now made the first step as this morning I painted over the picture above with primer. I have destroyed one picture with the aim of painting a much better one on the canvas. So the only place the above picture exists now is on my computer.
I took a large canvas (six feet by five feet) out into the street where some kids were playing, a few years ago.
I gave them a pack of oil pastels and told them to draw on it. Then I took it home and coloured it in.
I quite liked the result but it contains some crudity, which is what you might expect from kids. In an event I have now destroyed it because I would not want to waste a very large canvas on such a picture when I have an idea that will be far better: A field of sunflowers.

Yep. Interesting canvas but not one you would typically hang in your home or a hospital. :) The field of sunflowers sound much more appealing. :) I do like your blue themes though.

No more Fox photos. For one thing I am not looking out of the window so much, so I have not seen them in the day. For another thing I think they have reached the stage where the adults are trying to drive the cubs away, because I hear them fighting at night.

Dajjal's painting reminded me of my stint as executive director of a large social agency that included gym, indoor pool, and similar facilities and that resulted in locker rooms for the guys and gals. We had one little 10-year-old brat that was a frequent part of our facility and he liked to sneak into the women's locker room.

I and my staffers had dragged him out of there for like the fourth time one day and I decided to give him a one week ban and called his mom to advise her of that and to come get him. We had a large blackboard just inside the front door where members could chalk a brief message to each other. As our young banished member stomped out the door, he stopped to chalk in huge letters FUKE!!!!

Ever after that, whenever something went haywire, our standard comment was everything was all fuked up.

I am so used to the humidity....and as they say...it keeps the skin from getting old. LOL
Seriously though..I live I live in the air conditioning. Have to.
Northern Virginia was like that, it didn't bother me that much either however the AC ran constantly during the summer. Just woke up and the humidity is at 40%, I'm feeling sticky, back east I'd be feeling dry at that low of a percentage and everything would staticy.

View attachment 78865

Yep. Interesting canvas but not one you would typically hang in your home or a hospital. :) The field of sunflowers sound much more appealing. :) I do like your blue themes though.

Thanks, yea. I could not see myself giving that picture to a hospital. But the idea I have in mind would be far better. I would not have painted over it except for the fact it is the largest canvas I have and I did not want to waste it.
The field of sunflowers will have a sunset behind it, and a flock of black rooks flying above the flowers. I painted a small picture like that a long time ago, but it is a subject worth doing again. I am painting it as a tribute to Van Gogh.

I am so used to the humidity....and as they say...it keeps the skin from getting old. LOL
Northern Virginia was like that, it didn't bother me that much either however the AC ran constantly during the summer. Just woke up and the humidity is at 40%, I'm feeling sticky, back east I'd be feeling dry at that low of a percentage and everything would staticy.

Right now it is 91° and humidity is 52%. So that is great!

Right now it is 91° and humidity is 52%. So that is great!
staticky-hair5.jpg

Depending on whether you count the summer solstice as yesterday or today it coincides with the June full moon this year. But a pleasant 91 and sunny in Albuquerque at this hour with a slight chance for a thunder shower tonight. Life is good.

The folks gathered at Stonehenge per usual for the event.

599x450_06211133_@mikebanawa.png

Forum List

Back