USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning!

Everyone have a great Sunday :)

speed-checked-by-radar.jpg

Good morning everybody. We were naughty and skipped church today--just too much to do for another 24 hours and then I should be able to relax a bit. Hope everybody is having a great Sunday.

Happy 22nd wedding anniversary to the BBD's. Do you know how difficult it is to find an anniversary card or cake for the BBD's? But I thought this was cute:

Pug+Wedding+Cake+Topper+Lavender+color+1.jpg

As a big bad paratrooper who has his first set of wings posted at the top of his "love my career" wall board, I still have to say "how adorable."

Are they salt shakers.

It's an especially beautiful Sunday...no work on Monday.:)

6a6c30656b0d7e73924a0883799c5708.jpg

You're on vacation I seem to recall.

Everyone should get a minimum of 6 weeks vacation a year.

If I was running for President, that's the one I would use.

Yes, my resort is my home, and I'm so happy to just spend a week relaxing. Tomorrow we'll head over to mom's and grill out pool side.:thup:

Yes, my resort is my home, and I'm so happy to just spend a week relaxing. Tomorrow we'll head over to mom's and grill out pool side.:thup:

Well that's good, if you'd gone on some exotic vacation you'd need another weeks vacation just to make up for it. This way you'll have more money and ..., oh heck, an exotic vacation would have been great also.:)

In Germany, 6 weeks of vacation is the law of the land. +13 national holiday.

:D

Happy Sunday morning! Have had my coffee. 22 years ago today I married Mrs. BBD. The rest is history. I am certain that I got the best part of the deal. Took her a while to get me "house broken" but afterwards it's been a real joy. Got to go get ready to go to mass. I know in some of my past posts I mentioned that we were not Catholic but we are in the process of converting. When we go to the store I keep looking for some of that "Pope on a rope soap" but so far I haven't been able to find it. Hope everybody has a great day.

In case nobody else did it:

Last edited by a moderator:

Almost every developed nation has more vacation time than we do. It's almost criminal the way America treats it's workers.

Happy Sunday everyone. Still got a green foot (cast). Bored crazy. My friend had her friend call me. She (Jan) apparently had foot surgery the same day I did. Yippee, someone to talk to. She's going as crazy as I am, and that's saying something since I was pretty crazy before. :D

I used to work for Siemens (a German company) then we got sold to a Japanese company. Raises went from up to 30% a year to, you'll have to kiss some serious butt 8%. I much preferred Siemens

Almost every developed nation has more vacation time than we do. It's almost criminal the way America treats it's workers.

Truthfully, I don't know what I would do with all that time "vacationing"

Truthfully, I don't know what I would do with all that time "vacationing"
It has been more than 10 years since I have taken more than a week off of work. I usually use up accrued vacation time in chunks of a day here, two there.

Sunday greetings, everyone!
I'm a little late for a "good morning". As usual, busy-busy-busy. I got some overtime at work, stopped for a light brunch, and picked up some fence-mending supplies on the way home.
Weatherman says it's going to be a scorcher today. High, broken overcast and temps low- to mid-seventies! I think I'll go minimalist for my work wear this afternoon, a "wife-beater" tank and some baggy, comfy shorts.
Dinner with the other geezers this evening, and someone else is cooking! It will be pleasant to enjoy a meal after all the chores are done, one I did not have to make for myself.
Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday. Rest and prepare for the coming week.

I'm a little late for a "good morning". As usual, busy-busy-busy. I got some overtime at work, stopped for a light brunch, and picked up some fence-mending supplies on the way home.
Weatherman says it's going to be a scorcher today. High, broken overcast and temps low- to mid-seventies! I think I'll go minimalist for my work wear this afternoon, a "wife-beater" tank and some baggy, comfy shorts.
Dinner with the other geezers this evening, and someone else is cooking! It will be pleasant to enjoy a meal after all the chores are done, one I did not have to make for myself.
You consider that 'a scorcher?'.....That is barely out of sweat shirt temps...

You consider that 'a scorcher?'.....That is barely out of sweat shirt temps...

It's all relative. Around here, temps above 60-65 are outrageous. 70+ means lying flat out indoors with a cold brew and the AC going full blast!

Forum List

Back