USMB Coffee Shop IV

Our granddaughter is quite a bit older than this, but I can see her as she tries to explain to us how to change a setting on our computers. :)

13590310_10157782256855377_509047116346228010_n.jpg

Good Morning everyone :banana: Banana and tea for breakfast
got my younger nieces coming over for until Sunday , then my sister is coming over to see them ( my mother has custody of my younger nieces ) my husband needs to go and get shopping today so he leaving me at home with the nieces while he does that dragging them with us to do the shopping is a pain in the ass as they ask for things when we trying to remember what we need and normally we forget something.
The younger nieces are 13 and 15 i also have two older nieces and a nephew and a great niece from one of my older nieces she is getting baptized in a week or so . all of my nieces and nephew are all my sisters kids ( I have one sister with five kids )
am still half a sleep here need to wake up need more tea

Weird how far apart we are in miles, but how much your day resembles any average American's day. :)

Now I'm pondering your choice of screen name and I say that as a Christian. You probably would have had less grief leaving your SN as Deathmental. We can't/don't discuss theology or any controversial religious matters here in the Coffee Shop, but elsewhere on the board there are some that will give you a hard time. Then again it could be okay.

Last edited:
To be honest, I pondered on whether to give her a wide berth with that name. I thought "oh no. Another bible thumper looking for a box to stand on beside the other one that thinks USMB is a church and we all need saved". But after reading her posts, she seems like a nice lady. Still...what do I call her when I address her? Insane? Jesus? I4J? It all sounds unapproachable.

JMHO

ScottishLass? ScotlandGal? LadyLass? Anything but what she has. But again...JMHO.

Alright coffee shoppers, I've heard some crazy theory that you good people might have a handle on. It concerns store bought bread, rolls and bagels.

I hear that the color of the twisty or wee plastic clip has something to do with the day of production. I've seen white closures, blue, red, green, and yellow.

Is there a method to this? Green on stuff baked Monday and White on Tuesdays?

An inquiring Nosmo wants to know. Does such a code exist? Do you know that code? Can you relate the information out in the open, or do we have to meet on a fog shrouded bridge near Checkpoint Charlie to exchange information?

Or, I've read too many John LaCarre novels for my own good.

Alright coffee shoppers, I've heard some crazy theory that you good people might have a handle on. It concerns store bought bread, rolls and bagels.

I hear that the color of the twisty or wee plastic clip has something to do with the day of production. I've seen white closures, blue, red, green, and yellow.

An inquiring Nosmo wants to know. Does such a code exist? Do you know that code? Can you relate the information out in the open, or do we have to meet on a fog shrouded bridge near Checkpoint Charlie to exchange information?

Bread Tag Code

Bread Tag Code
I thought so! It's the doings of the Illuminati!

just call me Ella , yea i tried to change it back but i cant change it back oh well no matter

Sometime when you see cereal_killer on line, you can ask him to change it if you want to and he is usually pretty accommodating. Or just leave him a PM with the request if you have or when you get PM privileges--takes so many posts I think but I forget how many. Or we'll just love you as you are--you can be IFJ or Ella. :)

I asked cant change it
my nieces have been watching once upon a time there seen it before but they are slowly going back over it there one the first season i dont know why the want to watch it again it not like its changed or anything.
but if its something they like to watch and its keeps them busy
there not that bad there good kids really

unsure what else am doing for the rest of the night listening to music my husband is about to watch something on tv so i have headphones on i dont watch tv very much

I asked cant change it
my nieces have been watching once upon a time there seen it before but they are slowly going back over it there one the first season i dont know why the want to watch it again it not like its changed or anything.

unsure what else am doing for the rest of the night listening to music my husband is about to watch something on tv so i have headphones on i dont watch tv very much

I prefer to play computer games or post on message boards or visit with friends/family or read or do something other than TV myself. But there are several programs here that we do enjoy in the evenings. The TV is rarely on otherwise.

I asked cant change it

I prefer to play computer games or post on message boards or visit with friends/family or read or do something other than TV myself. But there are several programs here that we do enjoy in the evenings. The TV is rarely on otherwise.
In the evening the wife has the TV on mainly as background noise after the news is over with. I typically disappear into the office then.

I asked cant change it

In the evening the wife has the TV on mainly as background noise after the news is over with. I typically disappear into the office then.

In truth, unless it is a program you really have to pay attention to in order to keep up with it, the TV is usually on for something to mostly listen to, occasionally glance at, while I'm doing something else. It is hard for me to sit and do nothing other than just watch TV.

I asked cant change it

In truth, unless it is a program you really have to pay attention to in order to keep up with it, the TV is usually on for something to mostly listen to, occasionally glance at, while I'm doing something else. It is hard for me to sit and do nothing other than just watch TV.
Listen to the news while doing something else (and don't look at the TV), do that for a week and suddenly realize just how close Don Henley's Dirty Laundry hit's the mark........

Alas, no dinner here. I spent the better part of the day with my partner, negotiating to obtain a nice John Deere 410, with lots and lots of extras...not the least of which is a custom built boom capable of lifting 3 tons 70'. This baby is more than what I've been looking for and will be a HUGE asset up at the homestead. Now we have to find a trailer to drag it away on. My Dodge will pull the thing with no problem. I really felt sorry for the guy, he lost his job on the North Slope in January and has been unable to find any other work up here so he's heading for Oregon/Washington. There are some job available in that neck of the world, but he has to pretty much sell up all but the essentials. His asking price was outrageously low but he told me he feels pretty good letting the machinery go to my partner and I. There are some common threads among the three of us (Alaska is a small place, in some ways). We've decided to name the new acquisition Backho'zilla. The name was provided by my daughter.
Nothing lifts the spirits like a newly acquired piece of heavy equipment.

Color me jealous on the equipment purchase.

To be honest, I pondered on whether to give her a wide berth with that name. I thought "oh no. Another bible thumper looking for a box to stand on beside the other one that thinks USMB is a church and we all need saved". But after reading her posts, she seems like a nice lady. Still...what do I call her when I address her? Insane? Jesus? I4J? It all sounds unapproachable.

JMHO

ScottishLass? ScotlandGal? LadyLass? Anything but what she has. But again...JMHO.

Since when did you become humble my friend? :lol:

The new owners seemed excessively stressed the last few days. I decided being a holdout on paperwork was not in anyone's best interests. Still, I did an analysis of my commissions for the last 2 1/2 months showing the old plan versus new plan and it was revealing. Hopefully adjustments are made quickly and I can settle into the task of making this place show a profit..

Had a fun moment this morning. I was patiently waiting for another manager to complete a task with our software support team. Apparently this manager felt I was sticking my nose in his business. He was very rude in asking what I needed. I calmly explained my issue and he again was rude and unhelpful. The support person and another employee saw the whole thing and their reactions were priceless. The body language, seeing this person lose control and raise his voice while I was calm and did not raise my voice. The other employee even apologized for the manager's tone and actions later. I told him it was not his fault at all, simply a witness to a good management/bad management mini seminar. Never one to accept no as a good answer to a valid question, off I went to another business to get the information needed. The owner was very glad to get the information gathered despite the answer provided.

I asked cant change it

I watch a lot of TV because it stops me thinking about problems in my head. I even just watched an old Sinbad film with clay monsters, and you have to be desperate for your TV fix to sit through that kind of trash.

Forum List

Back