USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm SPLENDID, Kat... life is good.

I hope the same for you.

That's great top hear. All is well here. :)
Ya have to be a survivor nowdays, Kat... we all know... those in the city have it rougher than us out here in fly over country. Less money goes a lot further... I always think... "who wouldn't want to live in a little town?" Lord I love it here... pretty Wisconsin on the the river...

Ah Wisconsin is such a beautiful state. I lived there 3 years myself. I was on the big lake though. :)
Michigan or Superior?

Michigan
Cool... I live over on the other side of the state in the most southwestern county on the Wisconsin River. It's God's country. After living in NV, AZ, FL, CA, MT and an ex wife from PA, I had to come back here... "home."

I love farms... :)

That's great top hear. All is well here. :)
Ya have to be a survivor nowdays, Kat... we all know... those in the city have it rougher than us out here in fly over country. Less money goes a lot further... I always think... "who wouldn't want to live in a little town?" Lord I love it here... pretty Wisconsin on the the river...

Ah Wisconsin is such a beautiful state. I lived there 3 years myself. I was on the big lake though. :)
Michigan or Superior?

Michigan
Cool... I live over on the other side of the state in the most southwestern county on the Wisconsin River. It's God's country. After living in NV, AZ, FL, CA, MT and an ex wife from PA, I had to come back here... "home."

Cool. I am glad you are happy. And nowhere like home.

I was about an hour north of Chicago. I am sure you can figure about where that was.

Board is about to shut down to revamp. Was really really good to hear from you. Don't be a stranger! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Michigan or Superior?

Michigan

I'm not a subscriber to the old adage... "home is where you hang your hat."

I was the vagabond for too many years.

I'd do it over again though... you only live once.

Good morning all. My goodness, 007 it has been way too long since you stopped in. Big Black Dog does drop in now and then as does Spoonman but they are no longer regulars on the board it would seem. And what were you and Kat and Gracie all doing up in the middle of the night? I thought I was keeping late hours but not 2 or 3 in the morning. :)

Thinking about all the moving around we have done and whether I would do it again. I suppose I would, though some of those places I loved dearly, and some I would not wish to live there again.

Just pondering Gracie's situation and wondering if I would be handling it as well as she is handling it? Especially at this time in my life? I'm glad I don't have to find out maybe, but I'm glad that she can.

Busy day in store at the Foxfyre's. Hombre does his volunteer thing today and I'm going to try to do some major housecleaning. We'll see how it goes.

Ah, crap. So I finally talk to someone in the financial aid office and it turns out they want yet another document from the IRS. Getting my non-filer letter was a huge hassle last time and the cut off date for financial aid documents is Friday. Why is this school shit always so difficult? I don't know if I'll be able to get the thing they need in time. :(

Ah, crap. So I finally talk to someone in the financial aid office and it turns out they want yet another document from the IRS. Getting my non-filer letter was a huge hassle last time and the cut off date for financial aid documents is Friday. Why is this school shit always so difficult? I don't know if I'll be able to get the thing they need in time. :(

Sending all sorts of good vibes that everything works out, Montro.

Sending all sorts of good vibes that everything works out, Montro.

I remembered that I used an online fax service for the last thing I needed from the IRS. Unfortunately, if you don't get at least one fax every week, it runs out, so now I'm waiting for them to give me a new fax number to use. It's supposed to take no more than 24 hours, so hopefully later today or tomorrow I can go on hold with the IRS again and get a wage and income transcript for my total lack of wages and income.

Michigan or Superior?

Michigan

I'm not a subscriber to the old adage... "home is where you hang your hat."

I was the vagabond for too many years.

I'd do it over again though... you only live once.

Well that is true too. I am about to set out on a new adventure myself in a few short months. It's exciting, yet overwhelming.

Well, I got my specs today. The reading glasses. Can't see out of them, either. I am not pleased.
I can see out of one eye at a time. Not both at the same time. They wanted me to see the eye doc again and I said HELL NO. I am leaving saturday and you guys fucked around long enough. I will get a new eye doc where I am going and start all over again. Oh, and expect me to dispute the charges (yes, I paid them) once I do because this perscription is WRONG.

Well, I got my specs today. The reading glasses. Can't see out of them, either. I am not pleased.
I can see out of one eye at a time. Not both at the same time. They wanted me to see the eye doc again and I said HELL NO. I am leaving saturday and you guys fucked around long enough. I will get a new eye doc where I am going and start all over again. Oh, and expect me to dispute the charges (yes, I paid them) once I do because this perscription is WRONG.

Did they say your eyes were not equally strong, because the lenses may be different to each other. I think you need to try them for a while, as your eyes may get used to them.

I got my IRS form sent to the financial aid office. It only took about 5 hours on hold, 4 of those with the school. :p It's silly, the transcript I just sent them just says that they didn't receive any tax filing from me last year, which was already in my letter of non-filing. Whatever, it's the form they asked for, now they've got it. Hopefully there's nothing else they need, since the documents need to be in by Friday.

Sounds to me like you were either not measured, or not measured properly. I forget what that is called, but I know others that it has happened to. How annoying.

Did they say your eyes were not equally strong, because the lenses may be different to each other. I think you need to try them for a while, as your eyes may get used to them.
I have been doing that. Problem is...it's still double vision, gives me a headache and I get nauseated. I cannot wear them for long amounts of time, but I have tried. The gal said I need prism glasses and I really need to see the doc again and I said hell no...I already TOLD him they made me dizzy before the glasses were even made when I was sitting in his exam chair with the tests being done.
Both glasses are worthless. I'll just squint a lot until I get where I'm, going and use the distance glasses in spurts so I can see road signs.

Gracie Here it is. They have to measure your pd or Pupillary Distance. Did they do that??

Ordering glasses online? Missing PD? Here's how to measure it at home!
No..he didn't do that.

I can see out of one eye at a time. Not both at the same time. With the glasses. Without the glasses, its a bit blurry but doable.
If I turn my head or my eyes away from the total center of what I am looking at, it has to be exactly straight and center. Moving my eyes to the left, right, up or down...its double vision.

I have been doing that. Problem is...it's still double vision, gives me a headache and I get nauseated. I cannot wear them for long amounts of time, but I have tried. The gal said I need prism glasses and I really need to see the doc again and I said hell no...I already TOLD him they made me dizzy before the glasses were even made when I was sitting in his exam chair with the tests being done.
Both glasses are worthless. I'll just squint a lot until I get where I'm, going and use the distance glasses in spurts so I can see road signs.

I use cheap ready made glasses most of the time as my prescription glasses have fixed a focal length. I use cheap 2.5 magnification glasses for reading and watching TV. I cannot see the TV with my prescription reading glasses as it is too far away to be in focus. You might find cheap off the shelf glasses would suit you too.

Gracie Here it is. They have to measure your pd or Pupillary Distance. Did they do that??

Ordering glasses online? Missing PD? Here's how to measure it at home!
No..he didn't do that.

I can see out of one eye at a time. Not both at the same time. With the glasses. Without the glasses, its a bit blurry but doable.
If I turn my head or my eyes away from the total center of what I am looking at, it has to be exactly straight and center. Moving my eyes to the left, right, up or down...its double vision.

Please trust me. That is the problem. They have to measure.

I called the CC company and put a hold on the charge for the WRONG glasses rx. I will have another exam once I get where I'm going.

Forum List

Back