USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, I got my specs today. The reading glasses. Can't see out of them, either. I am not pleased.
I can see out of one eye at a time. Not both at the same time. They wanted me to see the eye doc again and I said HELL NO. I am leaving saturday and you guys fucked around long enough. I will get a new eye doc where I am going and start all over again. Oh, and expect me to dispute the charges (yes, I paid them) once I do because this perscription is WRONG.
Geez. Maybe that's the final shoe dropping Gracie.

Well, I got my specs today. The reading glasses. Can't see out of them, either. I am not pleased.
I can see out of one eye at a time. Not both at the same time. They wanted me to see the eye doc again and I said HELL NO. I am leaving saturday and you guys fucked around long enough. I will get a new eye doc where I am going and start all over again. Oh, and expect me to dispute the charges (yes, I paid them) once I do because this perscription is WRONG.

Did they say your eyes were not equally strong, because the lenses may be different to each other. I think you need to try them for a while, as your eyes may get used to them.
I have been doing that. Problem is...it's still double vision, gives me a headache and I get nauseated. I cannot wear them for long amounts of time, but I have tried. The gal said I need prism glasses and I really need to see the doc again and I said hell no...I already TOLD him they made me dizzy before the glasses were even made when I was sitting in his exam chair with the tests being done.
Both glasses are worthless. I'll just squint a lot until I get where I'm, going and use the distance glasses in spurts so I can see road signs.

I use cheap ready made glasses most of the time as my prescription glasses have fixed a focal length. I use cheap 2.5 magnification glasses for reading and watching TV. I cannot see the TV with my prescription reading glasses as it is too far away to be in focus. You might find cheap off the shelf glasses would suit you too.

The trouble is Gracie is dealing with an astigmatism which is the only reason I need glasses now. And it does take a skilled optrician to write a proper prescription for that. Everybody is different.

Did they say your eyes were not equally strong, because the lenses may be different to each other. I think you need to try them for a while, as your eyes may get used to them.
I have been doing that. Problem is...it's still double vision, gives me a headache and I get nauseated. I cannot wear them for long amounts of time, but I have tried. The gal said I need prism glasses and I really need to see the doc again and I said hell no...I already TOLD him they made me dizzy before the glasses were even made when I was sitting in his exam chair with the tests being done.
Both glasses are worthless. I'll just squint a lot until I get where I'm, going and use the distance glasses in spurts so I can see road signs.

I use cheap ready made glasses most of the time as my prescription glasses have fixed a focal length. I use cheap 2.5 magnification glasses for reading and watching TV. I cannot see the TV with my prescription reading glasses as it is too far away to be in focus. You might find cheap off the shelf glasses would suit you too.

The trouble is Gracie is dealing with an astigmatism which is the only reason I need glasses now. And it does take a skilled optrician to write a proper prescription for that. Everybody is different.
Eye doc said the surgeon got rid of the astigmatism...or rather, most of it, from what he could see. Personally, I think he is lacking in his duties because I told him in advance that I could not see with the temp plates he was using to test my eyes and he ignored it and wrote that rx anyway.

I got my bed!!! Saw it on CL and asked them to go buy it for me and I will refund this saturday. So they did. He's gonna take a nap in it and let me know how comfy it is. It's in our room right now. So...YAY! I got mine! Now MrG has to get his air mattress and we will be comfy the first night!

vpfdyd.jpg

I sure wouldn't go the prism route without a second or third reliable opinion. Been there, done that. Big mistake.

I read up on the prism thing. I don't think I want that, either. I just want both my eyes to work at the same time and THIS eye doc sucks. I will find a new one in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of naps...while he is napping in MY recliner bed...I think its time for my own on the floor with Karma.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

I am totally peeved at my eye doc. The regular one...not the eye surgeon. Almost a month, with no glasses. Then, I call today to see if the reading glasses are ready and they say no....and I say ok..I know y'all broke them, but y'all also know I am moving and its difficult to drive or do stuff with blurry vision..so do you know when I will get my new glasses in? They don't know. They don't know?? Really? Well, can they CALL the company that makes the glasses and ASK them how soon the CUSTOMER can get her glasses that THEY broke? They don't know. Again, REALLY? They don't know if they can call to get a date of when they will be mailing the glasses back without breaking them this time? They don't know.

So I left them a lousy review on the net. Which means I will probably not get them at all. Which I will have to live with. Once I get in to LA on the 17th, I will have them filled via someone else with the perscription I got. Meanwhile...I will just have to squint.

Bummer Gracie. You should demand any money you have paid be refunded.
Ah. But I have not paid one cent yet. I think they forgot to ask when I went to pick up the distance glasses, lol. I have every intention of paying them and in fact would be happy to IF they had my damn glasses for up close. Which they don't have. They are totally disorganized and have no clue what the hell they are doing. If I don't get my glasses before we leave..then no. They won't get a dime. If they do get them in before I leave, I will remind them that I have not paid for them yet and do they want some money? Jeez. What a bunch of ignoramuses.
Geeze, Gracie!
I adore that little poster in your tag line, "Les Deplorables", indeed! LMAO

Careful there my very good friend. Wading just a wee too closely to illegal controversy there. :) But happy we'll have you around more if only for a short time. I used to love to play cribbage. I wonder if I still remember how?
Still appreciate the humor of some of our CS folks tags. We usually gage whether it's bedtime, or not, if we can no longer "count out". Cribbage is a cabin staple, it beats all hell out of TV.

However...since she freaked me out last week and we had a nice chat about her changing things alla time...she has been very helpful and kind in making me feel more secure...so...she has furniture for me to paint. Some is hers she wants to pay me to paint (not happenin'. I'll do it for free)...and some for me that she was going to sell and instead kept..which I am buying from her. So...during the day, I will be busy doing that stuff but at night? I'll be here. They go to bed at 8pm. I will have the living room to myself. :banana:

8PM?????? It isn't even dark then LOL

Yanno...this may be the best thing that has happened for you and Mister G in a long time!
Could be. Time will tell. :)
Meanwhile..I am looking up north near the oregon/calif border for mobile homes on land...in the mountains. There are a lot of them within our budget range. Our friends said if we found one that will fit them..they will come with us and they will rent out their house. I said go for it! So..that's the plan. Find a mobile on land with acreage and we ALL move to it. She is a beach person too, and misses it. We can't afford beach...but we can be in the middle of pine forest with a river or lake nearby and that is just as good as the beach. Beats the desert!
How are your fur kids doing?

I got my bed!!! Saw it on CL and asked them to go buy it for me and I will refund this saturday. So they did. He's gonna take a nap in it and let me know how comfy it is. It's in our room right now. So...YAY! I got mine! Now MrG has to get his air mattress and we will be comfy the first night!

vpfdyd.jpg
Folks think I'm weird because I sleep sitting up. I manage stacking pillows on the sofa right now, but I would probably find a recliner quite comfortable. If I sleep in a bed too long, my hips, back, and other parts start aching unbearably.

However...since she freaked me out last week and we had a nice chat about her changing things alla time...she has been very helpful and kind in making me feel more secure...so...she has furniture for me to paint. Some is hers she wants to pay me to paint (not happenin'. I'll do it for free)...and some for me that she was going to sell and instead kept..which I am buying from her. So...during the day, I will be busy doing that stuff but at night? I'll be here. They go to bed at 8pm. I will have the living room to myself. :banana:

Yanno...this may be the best thing that has happened for you and Mister G in a long time!
Meanwhile..I am looking up north near the oregon/calif border for mobile homes on land...in the mountains. There are a lot of them within our budget range. Our friends said if we found one that will fit them..they will come with us and they will rent out their house. I said go for it! So..that's the plan. Find a mobile on land with acreage and we ALL move to it. She is a beach person too, and misses it. We can't afford beach...but we can be in the middle of pine forest with a river or lake nearby and that is just as good as the beach. Beats the desert!
Moki goes in day after tomorrow for a draining of that huge tumor which will make him more comfortable...otherwise, he's still being a trooper! He plays a little bit with his stuffed babies, loves his walks, even went semi swimming in the ocean low tide snuffling bubbles in the waves, eating well, pooping soft. My plan worked out quite well in making it where it can bypass that huge lump and still exit softly from his behind.
Karma is doing well too. So far...so good! Thanks for asking!

vpfdyd.jpg
Folks think I'm weird because I sleep sitting up. I manage stacking pillows on the sofa right now, but I would probably find a recliner quite comfortable. If I sleep in a bed too long, my hips, back, and other parts start aching unbearably.
I love my recliner! You really need to get one. My friend in the chair said he is going to dump the bed too, and start sleeping in one cuz he had a great nap in it...and woke up with no stuff bones.

Moki goes in day after tomorrow for a draining of that huge tumor which will make him more comfortable...otherwise, he's still being a trooper! He plays a little bit with his stuffed babies, loves his walks, even went semi swimming in the ocean low tide snuffling bubbles in the waves, eating well, pooping soft. My plan worked out quite well in making it where it can bypass that huge lump and still exit softly from his behind.
Karma is doing well too. So far...so good! Thanks for asking!
Best of luck to Loki. I am missing my Uschi so much! Not to mention OldLadyCat. Cherish your fur-fam!

vpfdyd.jpg
I love my recliner! You really need to get one. My friend in the chair said he is going to dump the bed too, and start sleeping in one cuz he had a great nap in it...and woke up with no stuff bones.
I have a recliner up in Willow, in my atelier. The new futon is ueber comfy, though.

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and their Moki,
Montrovant's transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

San Bernardino Depot before dawn
_DSC5806_HDR.jpg

Got up at 6.30 am and decided to look through some of my old software. I used to spend all night searching the web for software and downloading it. I have a zillion tons of software saved on about a hundred cd roms. But I have forgotten what's on the disks. So I am going to have fun searching through them. I have an old computer running windows 98, and that is what most of the software runs on. The first thing I found is Coreldraw9.

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and their Moki,
Montrovant's transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

San Bernardino Depot before dawn
_DSC5806_HDR.jpg
Gonna be my stomping grounds soon!

Forum List

Back