USMB Coffee Shop IV

So just Save and me in the Coffee Shop so far this morning. Hope that means everybody is having a good Monday elsewhere. I slept in this morning and now feel great. So I think I'll go mop a floor or something before that feeling wears off. :)

I'm sitting on hold trying to get a hold of the financial aid office for the school I'm trying to get into. Well, to be more accurate, I've been accepted into the school, I'm trying to make sure I can afford it. :p

I tried to call Friday and spent 1.5 hours on hold before I hung up when the little one came home. Trying again today. I really just want some confirmation from them, but this Friday is the cut off date for any documents they need and they are using a new system for financial aid this year, so I want to be sure I'm not going to somehow get screwed out of grant money.

I would be major peeved at trying to do business with somebody that would have me on hold for 1.5 hours.

I spent another 1.5 hours on hold again today without getting answered.

I'm going to try and call a lot earlier tomorrow so I can spend more time on hold before the little one gets home and maybe get an answer.

I also sent yet another email in case someone might answer one of those.

I think I've turned in everything I need to, but after the disaster the last school turned into, I'm not going to be confident about this until I actually start classes.

Typically it's the center chain for the lights, the one dead center below the lights, the one hanging from the side of the light box controls the fan speed.

The switch on the wall controls both. ;)

It is true that if both are on, the switch on the wall turns both off or both on. But we frequently run the fan at night with the light off. And in the winter often have the light on and the fan off. So those chain thingees are kind of important.
There are wall switches specifically for ceiling fans as well as remote controls for some of them.

I would think that necessary for fans in very high ceilings but those are usually just fans and not fan light assemblies.
You'd be surprised.

Could be.

So just Save and me in the Coffee Shop so far this morning. Hope that means everybody is having a good Monday elsewhere. I slept in this morning and now feel great. So I think I'll go mop a floor or something before that feeling wears off. :)

I'm sitting on hold trying to get a hold of the financial aid office for the school I'm trying to get into. Well, to be more accurate, I've been accepted into the school, I'm trying to make sure I can afford it. :p

I tried to call Friday and spent 1.5 hours on hold before I hung up when the little one came home. Trying again today. I really just want some confirmation from them, but this Friday is the cut off date for any documents they need and they are using a new system for financial aid this year, so I want to be sure I'm not going to somehow get screwed out of grant money.

I would be major peeved at trying to do business with somebody that would have me on hold for 1.5 hours.

I'm going to try and call a lot earlier tomorrow so I can spend more time on hold before the little one gets home and maybe get an answer.

I think I've turned in everything I need to, but after the disaster the last school turned into, I'm not going to be confident about this until I actually start classes.

Well I admire your persistence. I don't think I would be that patient.

Been a busy morning. Roomies are stuffing boxes, cleaning their rooms, even bleached their bathroom and scrubbed it floor to ceiling and now he is fixing the package of bacon I told him to eat up. Smells like bleach and bacon in the house, lol.
I watered the yard again and will one more time on Friday, fill up the hummer feeders and the other feeders for the crows, doves, quail, orioles so the owner of the house doesn't have to worry about it for a couple of days. We move out on Saturday..he moves in same day, lol. I left him some pots and pans, dishes, a roll of toilet paper, drapes for the windows and some canned food so when he moves in...he is semi set without having to dig out his own stuff right away. He is pleased with the plan and so am I (less to find room for in the truck!).

5 more days...and off we go! So, doing as much as we can BEFORE then.

Well I admire your persistence. I don't think I would be that patient.

I don't really have any other choices for getting in touch with them. I'm not close enough to go in person, the campus is about 150 miles away. :)

Been a busy morning. Roomies are stuffing boxes, cleaning their rooms, even bleached their bathroom and scrubbed it floor to ceiling and now he is fixing the package of bacon I told him to eat up. Smells like bleach and bacon in the house, lol.
I watered the yard again and will one more time on Friday, fill up the hummer feeders and the other feeders for the crows, doves, quail, orioles so the owner of the house doesn't have to worry about it for a couple of days. We move out on Saturday..he moves in same day, lol. I left him some pots and pans, dishes, a roll of toilet paper, drapes for the windows and some canned food so when he moves in...he is semi set without having to dig out his own stuff right away. He is pleased with the plan and so am I (less to find room for in the truck!).

The Great Adventure is almost off and running!

P.S. Steal ALL the light bulbs.

11218870_1187919347890282_4853683062090778766_n.jpg

LOL!!! I did! I left those twirly tubey ones. He has to have light. He's been a good landlord, so the bed will be made with freshly clean sheets, the desk will be left for him for his MANY pc's, the nice leather pc chair for his butt, dishes, some food, couple of night lights until he gets his own lamps going, drapes on the windows and a clean house. Yard critters I have been feeding for 12 years will be taken care of and in general...ready for his occupancy. He's ready too, cuz when I went to pay the rent, his living room was empty...just oodles of boxes full of his stuff. I HOPE he did as I said...call utilities and have them just swap them over to his name on Saturday. That way the fridge will stay cold and all he has to do with the internet is plug in!

LOL!!! I did! I left those twirly tubey ones. He has to have light. He's been a good landlord, so the bed will be made with freshly clean sheets, the desk will be left for him for his MANY pc's, the nice leather pc chair for his butt, dishes, some food, couple of night lights until he gets his own lamps going, drapes on the windows and a clean house. Yard critters I have been feeding for 12 years will be taken care of and in general...ready for his occupancy. He's ready too, cuz when I went to pay the rent, his living room was empty...just oodles of boxes full of his stuff. I HOPE he did as I said...call utilities and have them just swap them over to his name on Saturday. That way the fridge will stay cold and all he has to do with the internet is plug in!

I'll have to say you are certainly a better woman than most tenants would be when they have been evicted. You could give lessons. But keeping my fingers, toes, eyes, everything crossed and send all possible good vibes your way for a smooth and satisfying transition. (I approve of your roomies too.)

I'll have to say you are certainly a better woman than most tenants would be when they have been evicted. You could give lessons. But keeping my fingers, toes, eyes, everything crossed and send all possible good vibes your way for a smooth and satisfying transition. (I approve of your roomies too.)
Evicted is a harsh word. It means "get gone cuz I hate you cuz you haven't paid rent". Given notice to vacate is nicer, lol.

The roomies have been awesome. I was not expecting them to get that involved in the moving process. They are even washing their windows.

I am totally peeved at my eye doc. The regular one...not the eye surgeon. Almost a month, with no glasses. Then, I call today to see if the reading glasses are ready and they say no....and I say ok..I know y'all broke them, but y'all also know I am moving and its difficult to drive or do stuff with blurry vision..so do you know when I will get my new glasses in? They don't know. They don't know?? Really? Well, can they CALL the company that makes the glasses and ASK them how soon the CUSTOMER can get her glasses that THEY broke? They don't know. Again, REALLY? They don't know if they can call to get a date of when they will be mailing the glasses back without breaking them this time? They don't know.

So I left them a lousy review on the net. Which means I will probably not get them at all. Which I will have to live with. Once I get in to LA on the 17th, I will have them filled via someone else with the perscription I got. Meanwhile...I will just have to squint.

Bummer Gracie. You should demand any money you have paid be refunded.
Ah. But I have not paid one cent yet. I think they forgot to ask when I went to pick up the distance glasses, lol. I have every intention of paying them and in fact would be happy to IF they had my damn glasses for up close. Which they don't have. They are totally disorganized and have no clue what the hell they are doing. If I don't get my glasses before we leave..then no. They won't get a dime. If they do get them in before I leave, I will remind them that I have not paid for them yet and do they want some money? Jeez. What a bunch of ignoramuses.
Geeze, Gracie!
I adore that little poster in your tag line, "Les Deplorables", indeed! LMAO

Greetings, All!
Once again kicking back at the Willow place. I get in a lot later because I have school on Monday morning, but I can still get here for an overnight stay. The partner knocked down a few trees, leaving the stumps and roots for me to practice my Ho'-zilla skills on. Having a piece of machinery like that will be an adventure in its own right, I'm guessing. There's so much more I can do if I have some mechanical muscle.
The semester is well started. We're already in week three and this class of students is a good bunch. And like any other "performance", I've taught this class material so often I have it refined and can make a smooth presentation, fielding the most common questions with expertise born of repetition.
It's been pouring rain, and very windy. Typical hunting season weather. A good night to have made a batch of great stroganoff instead of burnt offerings on the grill. I think I'll whip the partner's butt at cribbage in a bit. He's catching up on the past two days worth of newspapers.
Well, I'll be watching the CS a bit. Love to follow everyone and their adventures.

Evicted is a harsh word. It means "get gone cuz I hate you cuz you haven't paid rent". Given notice to vacate is nicer, lol.

Actually we have been there. We had two small children and were renting our house--buying was out of the question for us at the time--we simply did not have a down payment. Our landlord asked us to vacate because they were bringing his mother to town and wanted the house for her. There was no place--suitable or not--for us to go. We loved loved LOVED that little town, but Hombre put in for a transfer as we literally had no place to live. Because he was only a few months from being named branch manager somewhere, the company transferred us to Amarillo where we stayed four months before a management position came open.

So that was a case of a good landlord giving us notice to vacate. But you know what? It felt like an eviction.

I am totally peeved at my eye doc. The regular one...not the eye surgeon. Almost a month, with no glasses. Then, I call today to see if the reading glasses are ready and they say no....and I say ok..I know y'all broke them, but y'all also know I am moving and its difficult to drive or do stuff with blurry vision..so do you know when I will get my new glasses in? They don't know. They don't know?? Really? Well, can they CALL the company that makes the glasses and ASK them how soon the CUSTOMER can get her glasses that THEY broke? They don't know. Again, REALLY? They don't know if they can call to get a date of when they will be mailing the glasses back without breaking them this time? They don't know.

So I left them a lousy review on the net. Which means I will probably not get them at all. Which I will have to live with. Once I get in to LA on the 17th, I will have them filled via someone else with the perscription I got. Meanwhile...I will just have to squint.

Bummer Gracie. You should demand any money you have paid be refunded.
Ah. But I have not paid one cent yet. I think they forgot to ask when I went to pick up the distance glasses, lol. I have every intention of paying them and in fact would be happy to IF they had my damn glasses for up close. Which they don't have. They are totally disorganized and have no clue what the hell they are doing. If I don't get my glasses before we leave..then no. They won't get a dime. If they do get them in before I leave, I will remind them that I have not paid for them yet and do they want some money? Jeez. What a bunch of ignoramuses.
Geeze, Gracie!
I adore that little poster in your tag line, "Les Deplorables", indeed! LMAO

Careful there my very good friend. Wading just a wee too closely to illegal controversy there. :) But happy we'll have you around more if only for a short time. I used to love to play cribbage. I wonder if I still remember how?

Yeah, Foxy. I know the feeling. I do love it here. But...the landlord needs it for himself and I understand although it bums me out. One of the roomies told me today that he dreads going because he keeps hoping the landlord will drive over and say "I changed my mind. Y'all can stay". It was sad when he said that. I just hugged him and said its a nice dream and I have wished it too...but it won't happen.

Anyway...he goes to his brother a few blocks over. The other roomie heads to Santa Barbara college for another course, and we head to San Bern. Don't know what the future holds...but we will find out soon enough. :)

Yeah, Foxy. I know the feeling. I do love it here. But...the landlord needs it for himself and I understand although it bums me out. One of the roomies told me today that he dreads going because he keeps hoping the landlord will drive over and say "I changed my mind. Y'all can stay". It was sad when he said that. I just hugged him and said its a nice dream and I have wished it too...but it won't happen.

Anyway...he goes to his brother a few blocks over. The other roomie heads to Santa Barbara college for another course, and we head to San Bern. Don't know what the future holds...but we will find out soon enough. :)

:( We won't be seeing you much for a while, I assume?

I will be here as soon as I get things settled and my pc hooked up in the living room at the new house. So..Saturday night, I presume. Maybe Sunday. Depends on how tired I am. It's a long drive and I have a lot of boxes to unload and in to an empty room. But as usual..I have it all planned out. I like my ducks in a row, lol.
We should arrive "home" at around 3pm. Unload the truck. MrG will be heading to walmart to get his airbed while I unpack necessities. Once he gets back, get the bed aired up to his desired preference, his pc and tv hooked up. I want him settled first. THEN I will concentrate on my needs. So....no. You won't be without my blessed presence for long if I can help it. :lol:

:huddle:

Forum List

Back