USMB Coffee Shop IV

That reminds me too that I meant to give a shout out to flacaltenn who dropped in for a rare visit yesterday too. Hope he isn't a stranger for so long again either.

The prob is -- a go thru a pot of coffee every day.. But I'll come by for some sweet cakes !!! :biggrin::D:udaman:
Its always on my to-do list, but sometimes it's after most folks are headed home.

Sometimes I sit on the curb outside and just sing show tunes..

:biggrin:

Do you know any from Carousel?

My first wife was in theater, only time I ever saw her was in the theater... They are ALL imprinted in my brain..
Except for Carousel.. Must have been to expensive to produce or something.. .

It was a show tune movie from the 50's :eusa_angel:

That reminds me too that I meant to give a shout out to flacaltenn who dropped in for a rare visit yesterday too. Hope he isn't a stranger for so long again either.

The prob is -- a go thru a pot of coffee every day.. But I'll come by for some sweet cakes !!! :biggrin::D:udaman:
Its always on my to-do list, but sometimes it's after most folks are headed home.

My first wife was in theater, only time I ever saw her was in the theater... They are ALL imprinted in my brain..
He does Tomorrow very well, almost too well........ :eusa_whistle:

:D

That was very funny, even More so ,when he was talking stage and I was talking movies.
I'm one of those westerners who don't think about stage theater much like easterners do.

It was a show tune movie from the 50's :eusa_angel:

I'm sure it was on the BIG stage. But not much the "little" stages. Remember watching a film version of it at cast party.. Probably too expensive and timely to build credible sets for it.

Rogers and Hammerstein learned a bit about entertainment economics probably.

That was very funny, even More so ,when he was talking stage and I was talking movies.
I'm one of those westerners who don't think about stage theater much like easterners do.
Provincial putz.........

Provincial putz.........

Wait, did you just call me a regional bigot?

I'm flattered!

Provincial putz.........

Wait, did you just call me a regional bigot?

I'm flattered!

Michigan or Superior?

Michigan
Cool... I live over on the other side of the state in the most southwestern county on the Wisconsin River. It's God's country. After living in NV, AZ, FL, CA, MT and an ex wife from PA, I had to come back here... "home."

I love farms... :)

Cool. I am glad you are happy. And nowhere like home.
I'm not a subscriber to the old adage... "home is where you hang your hat."

I was the vagabond for too many years.

I'd do it over again though... you only live once.

Well that is true too. I am about to set out on a new adventure myself in a few short months. It's exciting, yet overwhelming.
Please be careful, always be aware of your surroundings... and try and have fun... :)

I'm going to head out to Montana next month for a long overdue visit to see my sister and nephew, great kid, cowboy to the core. I'll have a couple friends with me on the trip, Mr. Maadi AK-47, and Mr. Raging Bull .44 mag.

I am totally peeved at my eye doc. The regular one...not the eye surgeon. Almost a month, with no glasses. Then, I call today to see if the reading glasses are ready and they say no....and I say ok..I know y'all broke them, but y'all also know I am moving and its difficult to drive or do stuff with blurry vision..so do you know when I will get my new glasses in? They don't know. They don't know?? Really? Well, can they CALL the company that makes the glasses and ASK them how soon the CUSTOMER can get her glasses that THEY broke? They don't know. Again, REALLY? They don't know if they can call to get a date of when they will be mailing the glasses back without breaking them this time? They don't know.

So I left them a lousy review on the net. Which means I will probably not get them at all. Which I will have to live with. Once I get in to LA on the 17th, I will have them filled via someone else with the perscription I got. Meanwhile...I will just have to squint.

Bummer Gracie. You should demand any money you have paid be refunded.
Ah. But I have not paid one cent yet. I think they forgot to ask when I went to pick up the distance glasses, lol. I have every intention of paying them and in fact would be happy to IF they had my damn glasses for up close. Which they don't have. They are totally disorganized and have no clue what the hell they are doing. If I don't get my glasses before we leave..then no. They won't get a dime. If they do get them in before I leave, I will remind them that I have not paid for them yet and do they want some money? Jeez. What a bunch of ignoramuses.
Geeze, Gracie!
I adore that little poster in your tag line, "Les Deplorables", indeed! LMAO

Careful there my very good friend. Wading just a wee too closely to illegal controversy there. :) But happy we'll have you around more if only for a short time. I used to love to play cribbage. I wonder if I still remember how?
Still appreciate the humor of some of our CS folks tags. We usually gage whether it's bedtime, or not, if we can no longer "count out". Cribbage is a cabin staple, it beats all hell out of TV.
Cribbage has to be one of the most fun games I have ever played. Thankfully I too had a friend that loved to play Crib. We used to even take pictures of when we'd get that perfect 24 point hand, and when you have no points at all, it's always "19," because you can't have 19 so, ya, sarcasm. Great game, probably played thousands of games myself, even Crib tournaments in bars. I have a few different Cribbage boards...

This is the thickest one I have...

20160917_192234_zpslx4izb9x.jpg

This is the biggest one I have...

20160917_192257_zpsyhomc16o.jpg

I won this one in a raffle. I knew this guy, Dick Trickle...

20160917_192512_zpsqbjbabwe.jpg

And this is the first Crib board I ever had, and the one that has gotten the most use, and my favorite just because I've had it forever and it's really seen the all nighter, drunkard, Crib playing times...

20160917_192436_zpsoovr8ynh.jpg

Cool... I live over on the other side of the state in the most southwestern county on the Wisconsin River. It's God's country. After living in NV, AZ, FL, CA, MT and an ex wife from PA, I had to come back here... "home."

I love farms... :)

Cool. I am glad you are happy. And nowhere like home.
I'm not a subscriber to the old adage... "home is where you hang your hat."

I was the vagabond for too many years.

I'd do it over again though... you only live once.

Well that is true too. I am about to set out on a new adventure myself in a few short months. It's exciting, yet overwhelming.
Please be careful, always be aware of your surroundings... and try and have fun... :)

I'm going to head out to Montana next month for a long overdue visit to see my sister and nephew, great kid, cowboy to the core. I'll have a couple friends with me on the trip, Mr. Maadi AK-47, and Mr. Raging Bull .44 mag.

You be safe too. And have fun!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Today is my baby boy's 18th birthday, and I was not prepared to feel so emotional...I'm just so proud and happy to have the honor of being his mom.:)

Michael is a great personal. I was a complete twit at his age. :)
Age nineteen was when I started to grow up, granted it took another thirty years to become an adult twenty something but at least I started........ :D

Good afternoon all. Hope everybody is having a good Sunday. I'm battling the worst pain you can have with a bad tooth, but will get that taken care of in the morning. Meanwhile all is quiet. Will take a pound cake and a pizza over to my aunt's place in a bit. Uncle Ed is hanging in there but I think maybe 24 hours and he won't be with us any more. Sad duty in a way but it hasn't been as bad as it could have been. Aunt Betty is hanging in there and she has a good support team. Yall all root for the right teams today, okay?

Ok...mostly caught up. I can't believe its only been 24 hours cuz it seems like 5000 hours.

Traffic as EXACTLY like this...I shit you not. A 4.5 hour drive took us 9 hours.

43885-full.jpg

AND...it was 97 degrees by noon. We left the foggy cool coast at 8:30am, got here at 5:30pm. 2 hours out, the altenator went out on the truck and thank God it went out at the exit at Buellton where there just happened to be a UHAul place. We were going to tow the damn truck but the guy that worked there said he could replace it for us an it would take about an hour. That cost us 440 bucks. Jeez. And it was hot, but more like 75 degrees, so tolerable. I worried mostly about the dogs, so I found a nice place to park in the shade until the truck was fixe. Then we were off again. Finally got to Santa Barbara an hour later, then Ventura half an hour after that will no problems. SB was full of fog, so it cooled down a lot...and so was Ventura. Blessed relief! I was hoping the end of the drama would be done, but nope. Soon as we got past ventura...its started. Bumper to bumper. On a SATURDAY, mind you. And hot? It got hotter, hotter hotter..dogs began to pant...we had to pull off an offramp in one the many cites off the 210 (I think it was the 210), find a park, let them pee and pour water on them. Air condtioner helped, but dammit..van was stuffed so the vents were not cooling it enough back there, and poor Moki had no place to hide from the sun beating in the back window.

Anywa...spent about 15 minutes there, hit the road again. Soon as we hit San Bern...omg. See pic above. I am trying to view MrG behind me, cars on each side of me trying to squeeze in front of me, motorcylces whitelining the road, read signs, keep an eyeball on the heat meter in the van. It was awful. And I poured sweat. Got a sore throat, hoarsness set in, chest began to ache with GERD even though I had not eaten anything (stress) and I was ready to turn around and come home. But..no place to get off in that mess since CalTrans decided to do road work on a SATURDAY AFTERNOON...and channel a bottleneck of 4 lanes into 2. We CRAWLED. Finally, it let up past Redlands and we got home around 6:30am. And my hair was stuck to my head, I was dripping, hoarse, dogs were lethargic and I HATED it.

At 2am, I woke MrG up, who was sleeping on the floor, and said "I'm leaving. No traffic cuz its 2am. I will live in my van. You can stay here. I'm LEAVING". He let me rant, then rolled over and went back to sleep. I slept on the couch..or tried to. It was SO HOT in this house and I couldn't sleep at all. The ac was not on, cuz they just leave the doors and windows open for the night air. But it was horrible hot. Come to find out the other gal that lives here doesn't mind the heat and not once turned it on with all of not here yet, so it collected in the house for 2 days. Jeez.

Anyway..I got up at 7am this morning (which I plan to start doing now), sat in the back yard and enjoyed looking the the mountain range and the nice cool air in the back yard. House finally cooled off around 4am. When I got up, my friends were just making coffee and had the AC on and it felt so good in the house, but nice outside although very warm and today it got up to 103. I have never drank as much water in my life since being here, lemme tell ya. But, the way to survive this is go to bed earlier like 11pm, get up earlier and do what has to be done as far as shopping and stuff BEFORE the heat of the day hits. Then hide in the house until the sun goes down and wait for the night air to hit us. Plus, fall is starting, so we only have about a month to go before it starts to get cold. I grew up in the valley..so my body IS remembering the heat. It just forgot about it for 30 years when I moved to the coast. Now it has to remember again.

Anyway...this is a lovely little town in the middle of sprawling cities and no need to go too far to anything! It's all within a block or two or less than a mile. There is no need to go anywhere else, so that is a plus. Nice neighborhood...even the neighbors came by to welcome us. So overall...it is getting better and I am less stressed. And the dogs? they LOVE it. Go figure!

Sorry for typos. I am still blind with these glasses and I plan to find a new eye doc this week and put a stop payment on the specs that don't work right. Plus, I am still tired. We are just too dam old for this shit.

Forum List

Back