USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hombre and I have been up to my Uncle Ed's to give Aunt Betty and Uncle Ed's niece a break for a bit--my Uncle is in Hospice care and he's fading fast these last few days--probably will not survive the week. Tough duty for all but his passing will be a blessing as he has no quality of life left. So many of us seem to be in this situation right now. And it does help to know people care.

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and their Moki,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's Uncle Ed, Aunt Betty, and friend Dana,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island, Hong Kong

the_worlds_most_beautiful_places_640_21.jpg

Last edited:
Been enjoying relatively cool nights, all we've needed most nights is the back swamp cooler running, much easier on the electric bill. :thup:
Debating whether to go up to Fort Stanton this Saturday for the monthly living history. I have my frock almost finished but I don't like how it looks on me, considering making a sack coat or Vaquero jacket instead.

How often does Fort Stanton have these big deals?
The "big deals" are twice a year, one being 1850s through 1880s Fort Stanton Live, the other is WWII, The March on Rome, supposedly the valley looks like the approach to Rome that the allies took during the war. This is the one Saturday a month living history at the fort, every third Saturday in the month.

How often does Fort Stanton have these big deals?
The "big deals" are twice a year, one being 1850s through 1880s Fort Stanton Live, the other is WWII, The March on Rome, supposedly the valley looks like the approach to Rome that the allies took during the war. This is the one Saturday a month living history at the fort, every third Saturday in the month.
Here's the Fort Stanton Live event for next year.

Fort Stanton LIVE! - New Mexico Tourism - New Mexico Events

Hombre and I have been up to my Uncle Ed's to give Aunt Betty and Uncle Ed's niece a break for a bit--my Uncle is in Hospice care and he's fading fast these last few days--probably will not survive the week. Tough duty for all but his passing will be a blessing as he has no quality of life left. So many of us seem to be in this situation right now. And it does help to know people care.

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and their Moki,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's Uncle Ed, Aunt Betty, and friend Dana,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island, Hong Kong

the_worlds_most_beautiful_places_640_21.jpg
Sorry about your Uncle, Foxy. Hopefully, his transition is peaceful...and swift enough to avoid much discomfort.

Hi everyone!

I'm checking in for a few just to let you all know I'm OK and doing well.

To tell the truth I became a recluse here and out of here. :D
Really, It's always been that way when things become to over much for me to deal with like my Mom's death in April and innocent cops deaths (My step dad was a detective for the Denver Police) and all of the general meanness out on the board I needed to retreat to my book world. I've had my nose in some awesome books all summer long. The kind that you just can't set down. :eusa_angel:
It works for me all the time and regerates me and I like to think it makes me a stronger and better person to deal with so much terible things happening all the time around the world we live in today.

I had a great birthday and hubby spoils me all the time
He got me a kindle fire tablet so I'm typing here on it right now. Sweet!!!!

You all have a great weekend.

Hi everyone!

Really, It,s always been that way when things become to over much for me to deal with like my Mom's death in April and innocent cops deaths (My step dad was a detective for the Denver Police) and all of the general meanness out on the board I needed to retreat to my book world. I've had my nose in some awesome books all summer long. The kind that you just can't set down. :eusa_angel:
It works for me all the time and regerates me and I like to think it makes me a stronger and better person to deal with so much terible things happening all the time around the world we live in today.

Sending you a hug peach174 and happy you checked in. The board is never mean here in the Coffee Shop. I haven't put you on the 'missing persons' list as you advised you wouldn't be as active but do check in now and then. So sorry about your Mom and many of us have grieved the senseless loss of life across the country. A belated Happy Birthday--geez I need to check the birthday list more often but everybody isn't on it--and don't be a stranger. Congrats on that Kindle Fire. I love mine too.

Hi everyone!

Really, It,s always been that way when things become to over much for me to deal with like my Mom's death in April and innocent cops deaths (My step dad was a detective for the Denver Police) and all of the general meanness out on the board I needed to retreat to my book world. I've had my nose in some awesome books all summer long. The kind that you just can't set down. :eusa_angel:

Sending you a hug peach174 and happy you checked in. The board is never mean here in the Coffee Shop. I haven't put you on the 'missing persons' list as you advised you wouldn't be as active but do check in now and then. So sorry about your Mom and many of us have grieved the senseless loss of life across the country. A belated Happy Birthday--geez I need to check the birthday list more often but everybody isn't one it--and don't be a stranger.

I agree never here !

What part did you not get about being a recluse ?
That means retreat totally from everything just a few months. LOL

Last edited:
That reminds me too that I meant to give a shout out to flacaltenn who dropped in for a rare visit yesterday too. Hope he isn't a stranger for so long again either.

The prob is -- I go thru a pot of coffee every day.. But I'll come by for some sweet cakes !!! :biggrin:
Its always on my to-do list, but sometimes it's after most folks are headed home.

Sometimes I sit on the curb outside and just sing show tunes..

Last edited:
That reminds me too that I meant to give a shout out to flacaltenn who dropped in for a rare visit yesterday too. Hope he isn't a stranger for so long again either.

The prob is -- a go thru a pot of coffee every day.. But I'll come by for some sweet cakes !!! :biggrin::D:udaman:
Its always on my to-do list, but sometimes it's after most folks are headed home.

:biggrin:

Do you know any from Carousel?

The prob is -- a go thru a pot of coffee every day.. But I'll come by for some sweet cakes !!! :biggrin::D:udaman:

:biggrin:

Do you know any from Carousel?

My first wife was in theater, only time I ever saw her was in the theater... They are ALL imprinted in my brain..
Except for Carousel.. Must have been to expensive to produce or something.. .

Forum List

Back