USMB Coffee Shop IV

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOXFYRE !!!

happy-birthday-1.jpg

Good morning Coffee Shoppers. So here it is again my birthday and I'm waiting (2-1/2 more hours now) for my dental appointment and hopefully relief from this angry tooth or whatever it is in my jaw. We spent the evening with Aunt Betty and Uncle Ed and uncle Ed's niece, and when I went in to see him and talk to him a bit--he has been in a coma for a couple of days now--I sensed the end was very near. And just as soon as we arrived home, maybe 20 minutes after we left there, his niece called to tell me that he had passed, quietly, peacefully, blessedly. Hospice would be there shortly to take care of things, sign the death certificate, etc. No we shouldn't go back. So my birthday will be bitter sweet today. The ordeal is over, hopefully the worst of the pain will be gone, and we move into the next phase for Aunt Betty.

Happy Birthday, Foxy!!:)

Happy+Birthday+Chocolate+Cake+Wallpaper+HD.jpg

Good morning Coffee Shoppers. So here it is again my birthday and I'm waiting (2-1/2 more hours now) for my dental appointment and hopefully relief from this angry tooth or whatever it is in my jaw. We spent the evening with Aunt Betty and Uncle Ed and uncle Ed's niece, and when I went in to see him and talk to him a bit--he has been in a coma for a couple of days now--I sensed the end was very near. And just as soon as we arrived home, maybe 20 minutes after we left there, his niece called to tell me that he had passed, quietly, peacefully, blessedly. Hospice would be there shortly to take care of things, sign the death certificate, etc. No we shouldn't go back. So my birthday will be bitter sweet today. The ordeal is over, hopefully the worst of the pain will be gone, and we move into the next phase for Aunt Betty.

A very happy birthday to you Ms. Foxy. You are one of the nicest and classiest people here at USMB :)

maxresdefault.jpg

You guys are making me blush. But it is fun to come into the Coffee Shop and just crash with good friends here. Has been a strange birthday spending the morning with the dentist and the afternoon planning a funeral, but we'll celebrate later on. Seems like life has a way of throwing curves, but the friendship in the CS is pretty much a constant we can depend on.

Really getting tired of idiots coming into my yard thinking they are going to make off with a really bright solar light only to find out its attached to wire, low voltage. Breaks the base. Had four over last yr, got them all replaced now I have another.

Everyone is so damn friendly here. We are not used to this, lol. And when I went to get gas, me and MrG looked like tourists at some distant land seeing the sights.

"OMG..is that a Wendy's over there? And...DEL TACO? wow...a KFC is across the street too!"
"Look hon, its a PIZZA HUT! Oh, oh and a CARL'S JR!!"

We are all goggling and swinging our heads around...and all we needed were cameras and silly tourists hats, lol. When people asked where we are from, they would say "dayum. why are you HERE? How did you LAND here to begin with? Are you CRAZY?" and we just laughed and said we love where we came from, but the rental prices are worse than Hawaii and a fixer upper hovel is over 400K" and they nod their heads and say yeah...kinda like Frisco's prices and we said "yup".

NICE today. High 70's and a spattering of rain. Rain. Imagine that? We haven't seen rain in forever. But here in the high desert? It RAINED.:disbelief:

I arrive at your door Foxy, dressed to the 9's in my tux (but wearing tennis shoes), white gloves, top hat and in one hand I have my classy walking stick and in the other, a dozen long stem red roses and a big box of chocolates. I tap on the door with my walking stick and when you open it I drop down on one knee and begin belting out "Happy Birthday" in my very best Neil Diamond voice. When I have finished, I rise, tip my hat to you and wish you a fine day. Then just as quickly as I arrived I disappear but not before giving you a big hug and kissing your hand.

Happy Birthday, Foxy. You're a class act.

Really getting tired of idiots coming into my yard thinking they are going to make off with a really bright solar light only to find out its attached to wire, low voltage. Breaks the base. Had four over last yr, got them all replaced now I have another.

Wish someone HAD stolen my solar lights. They were a pain. Had to rebuild the electronics in them and still didn't have any output.

Gonna do a 12V system next summer. maybe put a tilt alarm in the large lamps with a LARGE siren..

Wish someone HAD stolen my solar lights. They were a pain. Had to rebuild the electronics in them and still didn't have any output.

Gonna do a 12V system next summer. maybe put a tilt alarm in the large lamps with a LARGE siren..

What's with these wires to solar lights--sorry about the aggravation with yours Mots. I thought solar lights would work without wires? Or are ya'll talking about indoor lights?

Again thanks for all the birthday greetings everybody. It did brighten what was otherwise a somewhat bittersweet and difficult day. But no worries. My second and hopefully final dental appointment for awhile will be in the morning and the funeral will be Friday and then sometimes after we will celebrate September birthdays properly. All in all it could all be a lot worse.

Again thanks for all the birthday greetings everybody. It did brighten what was otherwise a somewhat bittersweet and difficult day. But no worries. My second and hopefully final dental appointment for awhile will be in the morning and the funeral will be Friday and then sometimes after we will celebrate September birthdays properly. All in all it could all be a lot worse.

No matter how prepared we think we are, it's always hard to accept losing a loved one. :smiliehug:

What's with these wires to solar lights--sorry about the aggravation with yours Mots. I thought solar lights would work without wires? Or are ya'll talking about indoor lights?
That's the point...they aren't solar.....the neighborhood idiots can't tell the diff.......

That's the point...they aren't solar.....the neighborhood idiots can't tell the diff.......

Ah, I missed that point. Well again sorry that you are having that kind of aggravation. You know there are parts of the country where you could nail a $5 bill to a tree for somebody to pick up, and it would be there for the intended person to pick up. And there are parts of the country that if you want to get rid of something, put it on the curb with a price tag on it and somebody will steal it. (You can't offer it for free and get the same result.) I regret that so much of our society is that way anymore. :(

Forum List

Back