USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wow, just received one of those "the IRS is preparing to sue you, please call us back so we can resolve this" calls........... :lol:

Wow, just received one of those "the IRS is preparing to sue you, please call us back so we can resolve this" calls........... :lol:

Was this your first? We get one of those about once a week. Almost as often as we get the call from the guy who can barely speak English that he represents Microsoft and needs to fix my computer immediately.

Along that line, here awhile back, I had to call the Canon people for assistance in getting Hombre's new Canon printer to talk to his computer. The lady who took the call was amazing--advised me to ignore the instructions for installation that came with the printer--those weren't working for me--and she walked me through the process quick, easy, and voila! It was done. I thanked her and mentioned that it was so refreshing to speak to a competent tech who spoke English that I could actually understand. She said Canon was really conscious of that and did their best to accommodate those of us who don't understand heavy accents easily. I wish more companies would take that attitude.

Was this your first? We get one of those about once a week. Almost as often as we get the call from the guy who can barely speak English that he represents Microsoft and needs to fix my computer immediately.
Yup, my first. I feel soooooo special....... :lol:

Actually I just hung up on the same call probably--the caller ID came up Beaverton, Oregon and the caller identified himself as "Kevin Mason" in a heavy Asian or Indian accent--I didn't let him finish his spiel but he claimed to represent the Treasury Dept. and I should respond immediately to a lawsuit. . . .blah blah blah.

Actually I just hung up on the same call probably--the caller ID came up Beaverton, Oregon and the caller identified himself as "Kevin Mason" in a heavy Asian or Indian accent--I didn't let him finish his spiel but he claimed to represent the Treasury Dept. and I should respond immediately to a lawsuit. . . .blah blah blah.
Pre-Christmas push....... :eusa_whistle:

I don't get spam and telemarketing calls any more. When we switched the land line here to a VOIP line, the BS calls (which were 90% of what I got) stopped. :)

What's a VOIP line?

Voice over internet protocol. It's a phone that uses the internet instead of phone lines or cable.

Well, our internet uses the cable lines, so the phone does as well, but you get the drift. :p

The annual Johnny Appleseed Festival was held last weekend in the charming village of Lisbon, Ohio. Every aspect of American life has its folklore. John Henry was a pile driving man. Paul Bunyon and his blue ox Babe cleared the forests of the western Great lakes, Mike Fink plied the river valleys of the Mississippi, Ohio and Missouri. And Johnny Appleseed planted the vast orchards of the Midwest barefoot and wearing a cooking pot as a hat.

Apple season is here and the cider mills are running full tilt. In Lisbon, the legend of Johnny Appleseed is celebrated as it is here in the heart of Ohio's apple growing region his legend came to light. Apple everything is offered up at the festival. Ice cream, fritters, cider (of course), dumplings, fresh apple butter is cooked in massive copper kettles and there is a selection of apple varieties for sale. Golden and Red Delicious, granny smith, macintosh and my personal favorite the Buckeye Gala.

Kids run around with painted faces, pre teens strain to ride the Ferris Wheel and gawk awkwardly at the opposite sex, Grandparents sit on park benches noshing away at a candy apple or apple fritter, Moms and Dads release their children on the festival the way an angry estate owner might release the hounds on an intruder. Everyone gets a shot at letting their hair down and having some well earned fun.

The Halloween glow sticks I order every year showed up on the north portico of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. 22 inch diameter plastic necklaces that glow bright orange in the night are given out along with a Reese Cup on Halloween Night, a big hit with both kids and parents. It's always something of a crap shoot, figuring out how much candy and glowsticks to buy. The weather always plays a part. It's been known to snow Halloween night, and that cuts the numbers down substantially. But a balmy evening brings out kids the way demolition of an old house brings out vermin. One hundred fifty glowsticks and a big BIG bowl of Reese cups is a safe bet.

Halloween is Daisy's second favorite holiday behind Christmas. She thinks all the Trick-or-Treaters are there to see and admire her and she revels in the attention. Christmas means a Prime Rib dinner with the bones and scraps. Who could argue with that?

Sorry to hear about your distressing news Foxfyre. Have you enquired about unbirthdays?

Gracie? Happy to hear you are back amongst us.

Ringel? I am guessing you used me as a forwarding IRS number?

I think last saturday and sunday heat waves was the last hurrah for summer cuz it is in the low 70's and high 60's today..AND RAIN! I have been sitting out in it all day soaking it up. LOVE rain and we had to move to the desert to enjoy it again. Jeez.:ack-1:

Got the new fridge ordered. Can't find any here. Found one on CL, paid the guy 50 bucks on his guarantee it worked well and if for some reason it didn't, he would give us back out money once we brought it back. Freezer worked...fridge section didn't. Called him and told him and he said "only trash buys stuff on CL and expects it to work" and I was all "excuse me??? TRASH? What about fucktards that give their word and it was a lie? Really?" and he said "deal with it. You won't get your 50 dollars back".
What a nice surprise, eh? One bad apple in the batch of really nice people we have met so far. Anyway..we learned that lesson...no CL here ever again. And that lesson cost us 50 bucks. So we went to sears and bought a new fridge for 465 bucks..tax and all. NEW. Never used. With warranty. So there goes another "almost 500" bucks spent. Tomorrow, I go to the optometrist to see what the hell is going on with these specs and new tests...which is another 150 bucks not counting the new lens..which will be another 150 bucks. So far..this move has cost us almost 2 grand. :(

BUT...shit happens and we just have to deal with it best we can, eh? :)

I think last saturday and sunday heat waves was the last hurrah for summer cuz it is in the low 70's and high 60's today..AND RAIN! I have been sitting out in it all day soaking it up. LOVE rain and we had to move to the desert to enjoy it again. Jeez.:ack-1:

Got the new fridge ordered. Can't find any here. Found one on CL, paid the guy 50 bucks on his guarantee it worked well and if for some reason it didn't, he would give us back out money once we brought it back. Freezer worked...fridge section didn't. Called him and told him and he said "only trash buys stuff on CL and expects it to work" and I was all "excuse me??? TRASH? What about fucktards that give their word and it was a lie? Really?" and he said "deal with it. You won't get your 50 dollars back".
What a nice surprise, eh? One bad apple in the batch of really nice people we have met so far. Anyway..we learned that lesson...no CL here ever again. And that lesson cost us 50 bucks. So we went to sears and bought a new fridge for 465 bucks..tax and all. NEW. Never used. With warranty. So there goes another "almost 500" bucks spent. Tomorrow, I go to the optometrist to see what the hell is going on with these specs and new tests...which is another 150 bucks not counting the new lens..which will be another 150 bucks. So far..this move has cost us almost 2 grand. :(

Sorry that there has to be sh** mixed in with the pleasures Gracie. If it's any consolation, I'll be spending a couple of grand on my teeth and won't enjoy the results anywhere near as much as you will enjoy that refrigerator.

You know..its really pretty today. This house is in the middle of two mountain ranges so there is constant breezes...and the mountains are so clear and pretty. The street we are on is all tree lined with sycamores, pines, elms. Sidewalks and even street lights, which we have not seen in over 30 years. 1 block away is everything we would ever need. But I guess what amazes me most is the rain. The lovely, wonderful rain. Oh, and cops. LOTS of cop cars because this town has a police station. For 30 years...we have had 7 sheriffs patrol our small beach town. So seeing a police car made me be all touristy again...."oooh! A police man!" lol.

Can you report that jerk to CL??

No. CL doesn't care. Neither do I any more. I just consider it another lesson learned. And remember...I know what that fuck lives. :D

No. CL doesn't care. Neither do I any more. I just consider it another lesson learned. And remember...I know what that fuck lives. :D

Ahh yeah. Good.

He lives in a fancy house and has a shiney unscratched new car. Trash buys from CL, eh? And trash sells on CL too, I guess. This guy gave us the runaround just for funzies. That's ok. I hope our fifty bucks was worth it. Oh, and yes..we took the fridge back. So he got it returned to sell to some other "trash" person he will sell it to and make another 50 bucks. We placed it right in the middle of his driveway...all nice and clean cuz it was dirty when we bought it. Hell no am I going to pay to haul that thing off AND lose 50 bucks. I just hope people see my ad and karma gets his sorry ass. Which it very well might. :D

Forum List

Back