USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm retired Navy (20 years) and the only time I swear is when I hit my thumb with the hammer.

And I believe that. I believed it (sort of) when that dear lady said it. I believe it when Peach says it. And I believe it when you say it. And that gentle admonishment did change me--I don't use the term 'swear like a sailor' anymore. :)

I'm retired Navy (20 years) and the only time I swear is when I hit my thumb with the hammer.

And I believe that. I believed it (sort of) when that dear lady said it. I believe it when Peach says it. And I believe it when you say it. And that gentle admonishment did change me--I don't use the term 'swear like a sailor' anymore. :)

Maybe swear like an ice road trucker?

They are from the old school (military) Foxfyre, you don't swear in front of Ladies. :biggrin:

By now you've heard that I did not win the Noble Prize for Literature again this year. It went instead to my hero, Bob Dylan.

I guess he deserves it. My meager tappings about Pop and my sainted uncles and my hometown are nothing compared to:

Darkness at the break of noon
Shadows even the silver spoon
The handmade blade, the child's balloon
Eclipses both the sun and moon
To understand you know too soon
There is no sense in trying.

Pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
Suicide remarks are torn
From the fools gold mouthpiece
The hollow horn plays wasted words
Proved to warn
That he not busy being born
Is busy dying.

That's just showing off! Congratulations, Bob! Now step aside and let me have a shot at going to Stockholm.

By now you've heard that I did not win the Noble Prize for Literature again this year. It went instead to my hero, Bob Dylan.

I guess he deserves it. My meager tappings about Pop and my sainted uncles and my hometown are nothing compared to:

Suicide remarks are torn
Proved to warn
Is busy dying.

That's just showing off! Congratulations, Bob! Now step aside and let me have a shot at going to Stockholm.

I saw that, and it seemed very odd. I'm not a Dylan fan so I can't really say much about his lyrics, perhaps it is deserved, it just sounds strange that a musician wins the Nobel for Literature. :p

Suicide remarks are torn
Proved to warn
Is busy dying.

I saw that, and it seemed very odd. I'm not a Dylan fan so I can't really say much about his lyrics, perhaps it is deserved, it just sounds strange that a musician wins the Nobel for Literature. :p
Dylan is a poet who sets his work to music.

Maybe swear like an ice road trucker?

Or like Gordon Ramsey on "Hell's Kitchen" :)

Happy BD to Gracie, one of my favorite peeps! Foxy, I am seriously looking for a small patch to a HUGE hole in my life. If circumstances should so dictate, I would more than gladly transport any potential "plug". To the remaining CS denizens, my best wishes and hopes for continued health and prosperity.

We love Carly dearly which of course is why her owner entrusts her to us But should worse come to worse and her owner is no longer in a position to keep her, Hombre and I would have a decision to make. We live on a modest retirement income that provides all we need, but there is very little wiggle room for extraneous expenses. And you can't go to the vet here for anything under $100 and if there is any issues that have to be dealt with, you can have a $500 or more bill very quickly. But right now it's one day at a time. I do understand you looking for a replacement for your beloved companion, but would you want to take on a 10 year old dog? I would think you would want one younger.
Foxy, I would welcome a "senior" dog. They are calmer, house broken, and lots less hyper and in need of activity than younger animals. I am looking for a couch-sitter, drive in the car, sit on the lap type companion. I prefer smaller house companions, too. If things should so evolve, I'd be more than willing to help pay Carly's way. Hopefully, things won't become that desperate. Most of the dogs on offer here for adoption are either sled dogs or pit bull and pit bull crosses.

Well I hope that Carly will grow old with friend Dana, but since she is on the critical list now for a hart transplant, the future is uncertain at this point. So we just love and help as we can and wait it out. But I am pretty sure you would make her a great companion if it came to that.
My "prayers" are with Dana. But do hold me in mind should things not go well for her.

Full on Fall here. Only a few staunch hangers-on as far as leaves go. We haven't yet had our first "hard' freeze, but it's only a matter of time now. I'm doing all I can before it freezes, but there's never quite enough time to get all those last moment jobs done.
So many things going on. I can hardly believe that we're half way through the Fall semester already!!!!

Hi guys. Dropping in to say this knight is going on a sabbatical. I need to take a break from this forum and politics until at least the end of the election. Later guys. And always remember to

tumblr_mp94bxdT0j1qzl05no1_1280.jpg

Hi guys. Dropping in to say this knight is going on a sabbatical. I need to take a break from this forum and politics until at least the end of the election. Later guys. And always remember to

tumblr_mp94bxdT0j1qzl05no1_1280.jpg

For your viewing pleasure when you return:

Morning everyone. 5 days until term finals. Hope Montrovant is doing well in school!

Wow, that was a fast term!

Seriously! I'm just about to finish week 1 of my 8 week term, and this term is half the normal length. :p

Yep, thankfully, Columbia College has accelerated courses for all the remedial and BS general educational requirements. I already can't wait to get this crap out of the way so I can transfer to Missouri S&T.

I have 38 semester hours left to earn in Mathematics alone:

Introductory Algebra
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
Linear Algebra
Abstract Algebra

Discrete Mathematics I
Discrete Mathematics II

Statistics
Statistics and Probability

Calculus and Analytical Geometry I
Calculus and Analytical Geometry II
Advanced Calculus I
Advanced Calculus II
Multivariate Calculus

Number Theory
Differential Equations

Alien Math.

Morning everyone. 5 days until term finals. Hope Montrovant is doing well in school!

Wow, that was a fast term!

Seriously! I'm just about to finish week 1 of my 8 week term, and this term is half the normal length. :p

Yep, thankfully, Columbia College has accelerated courses for all the remedial and BS general educational requirements. I already can't wait to get this crap out of the way so I can transfer to Missouri S&T.

I have 38 semester hours left to earn in Mathematics alone:

Introductory Algebra
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
Linear Algebra
Abstract Algebra

Discrete Mathematics I
Discrete Mathematics II

Statistics
Statistics and Probability

Calculus and Analytical Geometry I
Calculus and Analytical Geometry II