USMB Coffee Shop IV

The only resolution I can see is to get the hell out of here and either sell the stuff we bought (twin bed, new fridge, lazyboy recliner, dresser, couple of end tables, the desk she bought me for my birthday and the lounge chair I got yesterday since there is no place I am allowed to put it....or rent a uhaul and haul ass outta here back home, get a storage unit, live in our cars like I originally planned. Or keep the twin mattress and stuff it in MrGs truck for his bed, and we just be homeless until something else comes up.

And it is getting to that point. When we go somewhere, we always take Karma with us. She is so excited to get in the car...then refuses to get out when she sees we are back to this home again and not the home she is grieving for. Not the same dog anymore. Listless. Follows me everywhere. It isn't because of Moki, either. I think she hates it here as much as I do. I have to walk her or drive her a couple of blocks over to find a strip of grass she can lay in or munch on cuz none is around here. Its all bark coverings in yards or sand or dirt or gravel.

I hate complaining about it too, cuz I sound like Debbie Downer...because I am Debbie Downer. This is not what I thought would happen. I knew it would be a new thing to get used to, but when someone tells me something, I take them at their word. Everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie. And if I say "but you said" she brings up that she opened her home to us. She could kick us out at any time...and to be honest, I am at the point to where I no longer care. My van, the coast, home even though homeless is better than this. Hell..jail would be better. At least they have rules they stick to. Here...its a guessing game of what is allowed one day vs what is not allowed the next day cuz everything keeps changing.

Did I mention the other roomie has IBS, is not "normal" in the mental department, shits all over the floor in the bathroom and does not clean it up and I sat in it one night when I was half asleep and had to pee and didn't turn on the light and SAT in a shit covered toilet seat where is smeared all over my butt? I was sick all night with nausea of sitting in someone elses shit. And guess who had to clean it up? Yup.

Anyway...I am miserable. But, like MrG said...we have a roof, tv, internet, a place to cook and shower (if one wants to use a bathroom that gets shit on and not shit in). But for me...500 bucks per month is not worth the rest of it.

This sucks.

Okay boys and girls, it's time for our semi-occasional lesson. Today's lesson will be on nutrition.

For some time now I have been using dietary means to correct some medical issues I have had and am enjoying considerable success with that. We all know that highly processed foods are not good for us, but haven't we been taught that for heart health, potatoes and cereals are preferable to high fat foods and red meat? So today I run across this article that says just the opposite--all that good cheese and butter and red meat is good for us while breads, cereals, and potatoes are increasing heart disease and type II diabetes.

I will have to admit that since I have added more protein and highly saturated fat into my diet (flax seed oil and flax seed for instance), I am getting great blood tests and I feel much better.

But with them changing the rules every few weeks, who do we trust? Sometimes I think we know better what works for us than the experts do.

Potatoes and cereals are health risk, while dairy is good for you, says new study
Add on top of that portions, we eat waaaayyyyyy too much of everything except fruits and vegetables. A single portion should be the size of your fist, 100 + years ago a fist sized meal (everything not just one item) was considered normal, 200+ years ago it was considered to be a large meal for most.
The average everyday person made a lot of soups and ate a lot of breads/cornbreads, only the wealthy ate fairly well.

Okay boys and girls, it's time for our semi-occasional lesson. Today's lesson will be on nutrition.

For some time now I have been using dietary means to correct some medical issues I have had and am enjoying considerable success with that. We all know that highly processed foods are not good for us, but haven't we been taught that for heart health, potatoes and cereals are preferable to high fat foods and red meat? So today I run across this article that says just the opposite--all that good cheese and butter and red meat is good for us while breads, cereals, and potatoes are increasing heart disease and type II diabetes.

I will have to admit that since I have added more protein and highly saturated fat into my diet (flax seed oil and flax seed for instance), I am getting great blood tests and I feel much better.

But with them changing the rules every few weeks, who do we trust? Sometimes I think we know better what works for us than the experts do.

Potatoes and cereals are health risk, while dairy is good for you, says new study

I was told to stop eating cheese years ago. I still used to have cheese sandwiches for breakfast, but now I have stopped that and I have been eating Weetabix instead. I have noticed a distinct loss of stomach fat since then.

Went up to Ft Stanton Saturday and showed off my not quite finished frock mostly for critique by one of the guys who's been making his own for at least a decade. He was able to point out why it looked "frumpy", the shoulders are too long and the sleeves are too baggy, pretty much what I already thought. Everyone thinks I did a much better job than I thought I did so I need to work on those two issues, add buttons and button holes then look at making civilian trousers.

I guess it never gets cold in Southern California. I am tired of the heat.

Meanwhile...I think Friend is bi polar. More switcheroos happenin'. MrG told me to stay in our room, ask nothing, do nothing, keep a low profile cuz as soon as we can, we will get out of here. So..thats the plan. At least we have a roof, internet, tv, a place to cook and pee and shower.

I got two pleasant surprises today, which put a better spin on the misery of being here in jail, and those surprises were from the vet here that sent a nice note of condolences for Moki where ALL the vets and staff signed it (12 total) and in the mail was another sympathy card from our old vet back home..also signed by staff and the vet himself (he has no more partners now..just him and his staff). I guess the two hospitals were convo'ing with each other and this vet told my old vet and that is how he found out. Regardless...it was a nice thing to get in the mail.

Today I took moki out of his pretty box and poured his ashes in with Gracie's..which is what I have wanted to do but had to take some time before I could. today was the day.

And that is about all that is going on here. Same shit, different day. I did sell the zuni necklace...still waiting on someone to buy the rest of it. MrG went yard salin' with FH (Friends Husband) and got a pair of leather motorcycle chaps..so I slapped those on CL along with the rest of the jewelry. He scored a ULU...which gallantwarrior would appreciate, lol. Soon as I saw it, I thought of GW :lol:. He also bought me a lounge chair with a pad, but Friend said no when I asked if I could put it in the back yard. Which was no surprise although she has been helping in looking for one cuz she knew I wanted one but now all of a sudden its "no" again. So...right now I have it over by the trash cans where there is nothing but flies. When it starts to rain here eventually, we will store it in MrGs truck since all of a sudden no lounge chairs are allowed in her back yard. *eye roll*

I was thinking about denying you absence from the Coffee Shop, if that helps.

When it is your time, it is your time. Like most things in life, go for balance and use common sense.

Went up to Ft Stanton Saturday and showed off my not quite finished frock mostly for critique by one of the guys who's been making his own for at least a decade. He was able to point out why it looked "frumpy", the shoulders are too long and the sleeves are too baggy, pretty much what I already thought. Everyone thinks I did a much better job than I thought I did so I need to work on those two issues, add buttons and button holes then look at making civilian trousers.

You can accessorize with a trouser mouse.

I was told to stop eating cheese years ago. I still used to have cheese sandwiches for breakfast, but now I have stopped that and I have been eating Weetabix instead. I have noticed a distinct loss of stomach fat since then.

I don't know what Weetabix is, but if it's working for you, then it must be good for you.

When it is your time, it is your time. Like most things in life, go for balance and use common sense.

I do believe we can be destructive to ourselves in a way that shortens our time. So for me common sense is to do what makes me feel well and makes me well over the long haul. I just get frustrated at a medical profession that honestly tries to advise us wisely, but that apparently doesn't honestly know what keeps us well and what does not. If that were not so, they wouldn't be changing the rules pretty much on a regular basis. Too many folks doing too many speculative studies just to get published or whatever.

Having said that, I fully intend to continue to indulge in an occasional guilty pleasure now and then because that makes me happy. And I think happiness contributes to wellness.

I don't know what Weetabix is, but if it's working for you, then it must be good for you.

You don't have Weetabix in America ? It's a whole wheat cereal. Comes in a dry slab , you just add milk.

Cu_kOQyXgAkKzjs.jpg

I have done all my cooking from scratch with no processed foods since 1985.
I use wheat flour, wheat pasta ,wheat bread. Things like that.
I also use fructose rather than sugar.
We cheat every once in a while and get some fast foods.
But I know what you mean Foxfyre, there has been many changes since 85, but so far what I am doing with well balanced meals has helped with hubby's MS along with his positive attitude. At least that is what his docs say.
I know what foods help muscles to stay built up and healthy body fats. :)

Last edited:
Weetabix is not a food item. It's a place. It's a small town located on the border of North Dakota and South Dakota. Population of 284 souls. They have a factory there that makes cowboy hats.

You don't have Weetabix in America ? It's a whole wheat cereal. Comes in a dry slab , you just add milk.

Yes we have Weetabix here. It's just many don't use it here in America, or like many others, they have never even heard of it.
You can get it online at Amazon.

landing_image.png

Pretty sure it's in most US grocery stores.

landing_image.png

Pretty sure it's in most US grocery stores.

I know they have it at our safeway store, I have not looked for it at our local Wal-Mart store though. :)
Hubby likes it every once in a while.

Forum List

Back