USMB Coffee Shop IV

Going to the bank in a few minutes to take out some money and begin Christmas shopping. Better get your name on my list if you've been good or plan to be good in the near future.
I'm virtual Christmas shopping...... What virtual gift do you want?

If we're going virtual, I want a castle, on a Island, surround by beautiful plants....
Ask and ye shall receive.......

castle-on-the-island-1.jpg

Well, I'm back. Kitchen is still not done but I do have some pictures. View attachment 97807 View attachment 97808
That's gorgeous, Sheila!
Long time, no "see", how are things going for you and Mr. Sheila?

Except for my house not being done, and being way over budget, we're doing fine.
When did construction start and is it a contractor or are family members doing it?

The end of last June, we fired our first contractors. Our second contractor is better, but not the best. I'm at a loss.

Going to the bank in a few minutes to take out some money and begin Christmas shopping. Better get your name on my list if you've been good or plan to be good in the near future.

If we're going virtual, I want a castle, on a Island, surround by beautiful plants....

That you, it's be interesting see you wrap that up. :D

Well, I'm back. Kitchen is still not done but I do have some pictures. View attachment 97807 View attachment 97808
That's gorgeous, Sheila!

Except for my house not being done, and being way over budget, we're doing fine.
But don't you think it will all be worth it, when all is finished? That kitchen sure looks beautiful.

That's gorgeous, Sheila!

When did construction start and is it a contractor or are family members doing it?

The end of last June, we fired our first contractors. Our second contractor is better, but not the best. I'm at a loss.
That job should take a month and a half max with a full gut and rebuild (walls, floors, moving/adding electrical plumbing). Personally it looks to me like you're getting screwed but since I'm not there and don't know the situation first hand....... :dunno:

That you, it's be interesting see you wrap that up. :D
It's already virtually wrapped....... in pixels........

That's gorgeous, Sheila!

But don't you think it will all be worth it, when all is finished? That kitchen sure looks beautiful.

I waffle on that...today, with them finally putting in the counter tops, the answer is yes.

That's gorgeous, Sheila!

That job should take a month and a half max with a full gut and rebuild (walls, floors, moving/adding electrical plumbing). Personally it looks to me like you're getting screwed but since I'm not there and don't know the situation first hand....... :dunno:

Oh, you know it, we've been screwed. royally.

I miss you guys something fierce, but as usual...not enough juice in the cell phone due to all the calls I make looking for a roof.

Soon as I find one though, I will be back, but I also plan to start a blog about this experience.

There are meh days, and semi good days, but I never take anything for granted any more, that's for sure. And I never get too excited about anything either...I just wait for the bitchslap if it comes and usually it does not disappoint. Missed out on a house yesterday because I was not fast enough, and instead of showing me the place like she said, she rented it to someone else slapdamn on the spot. I was really bummed, but was not surprised. Homes here are hard to get...even a damn room. With 2 colleges, it's a rat race.

Anyway...love and miss you all.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I miss you guys something fierce, but as usual...not enough juice in the cell phone due to all the calls I make looking for a roof.

Soon as I find one though, I will be back, but I also plan to start a blog about this experience.

There are meh days, and semi good days, but I never take anything for granted any more, that's for sure. And I never get too excited about anything either...I just wait for the bitchslap if it comes and usually it does not disappoint. Missed out on a house yesterday because I was not fast enough, and instead of showing me the place like she said, she rented it to someone else slapdamn on the spot. I was really bummed, but was not surprised. Homes here are hard to get...even a damn room. With 2 colleges, it's a rat race.

Anyway...love and miss you all.

Have you considered moving inland a bit where maybe things are less expensive. You would have to give up easy access to your beloved beach but you could still be close enough to access your doctors, vet, etc. But however it goes, we're all still pulling for a solution to your dilemma as quickly as possible.

There is nothing further inland. The mountains separate us from the valley...which is 2.5 hours East of us. South is Santa Barbara, North is Monterey.... Which are more expensive than here.:(

It will be a month next wednesday that we have been in this situation. We are still alive, so...gonna keep plugging along as long as we can.

The little one had her last soccer game of the season today. The team won 2-1. :) It was a good game to end the season on. Afterwards there was a party at the home of one of the girls. Pizza and cookie cake and a bouncy house and playset for all the kids. My employer (who was assistant coach) and the coach got the girls little gift bags of stuff, candy and little toys, like that. The parents who hosted the party got some large wooden letters, one for the first letter of each girl's name, and put on pictures taken of them from games and practices throughout the season. It really was a nice way to say goodbye to soccer, at least until spring for those who are going to sign up again.

There is nothing further inland. The mountains separate us from the valley...which is 2.5 hours East of us. South is Santa Barbara, North is Monterey.... Which are more expensive than here.:(

It will be a month next wednesday that we have been in this situation. We are still alive, so...gonna keep plugging along as long as we can.

You're handling it much better than I would!

Restocked my World Market coffees last week, the 24oz bags were on sale for $8 each ($2 off normal price). Decided to add Sumatra coffee to the pantry, just opened it today and wow is that some good coffee!!!! Sumatra might just become my new favorite. :thup:

iipsrv.fcgi

Restocked my World Market coffees last week, the 24oz bags were on sale for $8 each ($2 off normal price). Decided to add Sumatra coffee to the pantry, just opened it today and wow is that some good coffee!!!! Sumatra might just become my new favorite. :thup:

iipsrv.fcgi

So have you ever done the math to figure out what a cup of coffee costs you at your house?

Forum List

Back