USMB Coffee Shop IV

Restocked my World Market coffees last week, the 24oz bags were on sale for $8 each ($2 off normal price). Decided to add Sumatra coffee to the pantry, just opened it today and wow is that some good coffee!!!! Sumatra might just become my new favorite. :thup:

iipsrv.fcgi

So have you ever done the math to figure out what a cup of coffee costs you at your house?
Not really but I know it's really not that much more per cup than say Folger's and I prefer the taste of mine over the pre-ground national brands.

Good Morning all!

I am a very happy camper right now because of the success of Hubbies new scooter he has been getting out everyday enjoying his riding and walking around town.
In just one week I can see his thigh muscles coming back.
Man I tried every psycholocial trick I could think of in trying to get him to walk around the neighborhood. Talk about fustrating. :biggrin:
It was yes I'm going to go walking and then nothing happening. Perhaps this is because I have a vow of never wanting to become a nagging wife which I have always loathed. :)

Last edited:
So it has been since November First or there abouts that my lovely hacking cough arrived. Several of you have mentioned these people called doctors. I learned that when I cough that hard and feel light headed, it is because my chest is compressing my heart and restricting blood flow. That was new and interesting. For once someone was a pain in my rear, as a steroid shot was given to help me breathe. Have to pick up the antibiotic and an inhaler here in a while. No official diagnosis was given, but it sounded like walking pneumonia was the leading candidate.

My wife "encouraged" me to go, so Peach, you are an encourager. For the rest of you, feel free to insert I told you so right here.

So it has been since November First or there abouts that my lovely hacking cough arrived. Several of you have mentioned these people called doctors. I learned that when I cough that hard and feel light headed, it is because my chest is compressing my heart and restricting blood flow. That was new and interesting. For once someone was a pain in my rear, as a steroid shot was given to help me breathe. Have to pick up the antibiotic and an inhaler here in a while. No official diagnosis was given, but it sounded like walking pneumonia was the leading candidate.

My wife "encouraged" me to go, so Peach, you are an encourager. For the rest of you, feel free to insert I told you so right here.
Many many moons ago my best friend was put on Lisinopril for high blood pressure, a year later he developed a cough (one of the known side effects). The docs kept claiming it was due the side effect till a couple of years later one of his docs decided to do some more extensive testing....... Discovered he had renal cancer that had matastasized in his lungs, by this time it was stage 4, he died less than a year later. He was a month older than I was.

Good Sunday afternoon all of you Coffee Shop peeps. Hope everybody is having a grand old day with no problems to speak of. Well, I started my Christmas shopping. Woodfield Mall is 90 miles away from where I live and it is where the closest official Apple Store is located. I drove down there yesterday with Mrs. BBD riding shotgun. We got to the mall and finding a parking spot was just terrible. After we got parked and into the mall I found out the reason why. Three of the Cubs players were there signing autographs and the mall was mobbed with Cub fans. Before we began to do any shopping I took Mrs. BBD to lunch at the Cheese Cake Factory and had a really nice meal. Sitting beside us was a young fellow of about 9 years of age and his mother and I listened in on their conversations while I was eating. This little guy was just adorable. He was so cute and very funny. I would have brought him home with me if his mother would have given him up. He was my kind of guy. After we ate, I went to the Apple Store and bought myself a new laptop because my old Apple laptop did not take to getting dropped down the upstairs steps very well. I had been using it upstairs in the library and when I was coming down I dropped it and watched it bounce down 14 steps. Major damage and I'm sure it would have cost a lot to get it repaired. Anyway, Mrs. BBD flitted from store to store and I was the official package carrier for her. She did more shopping than I did. Now, because I spent all of my money on the new laptop I have to go back to the bank and get some more money before I begin my Christmas shopping again. Now, about this Christmas shopping stuff... Mrs. BBD has plenty of bucks in her accounts but why is it every year when I take money out of my account to do some shopping she finds a way to get her mitts on my stash? Is it just me or is it a woman thing? Somebody help me out here... I'm puzzled.

Thank you Save ,what a nice thing to say.
I am a healer and caregiver, always was, always will be. Be it animals or humans.
I was born that way! :) pun intended.
Well not born that way, but was one when I became 2 1/2 . :biggrin:

Last edited:
Good Sunday afternoon all of you Coffee Shop peeps. Hope everybody is having a grand old day with no problems to speak of. Well, I started my Christmas shopping. Woodfield Mall is 90 miles away from where I live and it is where the closest official Apple Store is located. I drove down there yesterday with Mrs. BBD riding shotgun. We got to the mall and finding a parking spot was just terrible. After we got parked and into the mall I found out the reason why. Three of the Cubs players were there signing autographs and the mall was mobbed with Cub fans. Before we began to do any shopping I took Mrs. BBD to lunch at the Cheese Cake Factory and had a really nice meal. Sitting beside us was a young fellow of about 9 years of age and his mother and I listened in on their conversations while I was eating. This little guy was just adorable. He was so cute and very funny. I would have brought him home with me if his mother would have given him up. He was my kind of guy. After we ate, I went to the Apple Store and bought myself a new laptop because my old Apple laptop did not take to getting dropped down the upstairs steps very well. I had been using it upstairs in the library and when I was coming down I dropped it and watched it bounce down 14 steps. Major damage and I'm sure it would have cost a lot to get it repaired. Anyway, Mrs. BBD flitted from store to store and I was the official package carrier for her. She did more shopping than I did. Now, because I spent all of my money on the new laptop I have to go back to the bank and get some more money before I begin my Christmas shopping again. Now, about this Christmas shopping stuff... Mrs. BBD has plenty of bucks in her accounts but why is it every year when I take money out of my account to do some shopping she finds a way to get her mitts on my stash? Is it just me or is it a woman thing? Somebody help me out here... I'm puzzled.

BBD, I am so very sorry to have to break the news to you, but when it comes to the wives money vs the hubbies money, we wives are a whole bunch smarter. :)

Many many moons ago my best friend was put on Lisinopril for high blood pressure, a year later he developed a cough (one of the known side effects). The docs kept claiming it was due the side effect till a couple of years later one of his docs decided to do some more extensive testing....... Discovered he had renal cancer that had matastasized in his lungs, by this time it was stage 4, he died less than a year later. He was a month older than I was.

So you're mailing me some hemlock?

So you're mailing me some hemlock?
No, arsenic. I'll wrap it in old lace.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all others who need to find their way back.

The moon is large and bright tonight and will be full tomorrow night. This will be the largest super moon we have had for 68 years or will have again until 2034.

Supermoon.jpg

Good morning all. Hope everyone is fine this nice cool morning. The HVAC people are here switching the house over to heat, shutting down and blocking the swamp cooler intake and turning on the furnaces. Jasper (the oldest cat) is perfectly fine but Boo and Giz are freaking out. :lol:

The only problem is the tech that showed up smells like a French whore house........ I'm gonna have to fumigate when he's gone. Why do people have to wear that much cologne/perfume?

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Imperius,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all others who need to find their way back.

The moon is large and bright tonight and will be full tomorrow night. This will be the largest super moon we have had for 68 years or will have again until 2034.

Supermoon.jpg
Wow!
Wonderful moon! I'm gonna download this picture :banana:

The only problem is the tech that showed up smells like a French whore house........ I'm gonna have to fumigate when he's gone. Why do people have to wear that much cologne/perfume?

I dont know why they do that either.
It's like they dont think that there are millions of us out there who are alergic to it.

I dated this guy in high school that wore to much of a certain mens cologne.
He got me drunk on Bacardi. I was sick as a dog the next morning.
That was over 45 years ago and still to this day if I smell that cologne and Bacardi I get sick to my stomach. :biggrin:
It was also a hard lesson learned.

Maybe the smell would be worse without it? :disbelief:

Last edited:

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Imperius,

Supermoon.jpg
Wow!
Wonderful moon! I'm gonna download this picture :banana:

You are welcome to do so esthermoon. And welcome to the Coffee Shop. I see you are in Vietnam. Are you Vietnamese? We are so pleased you found us and I hope you will drop in often. This is the place to get away from the sometimes roughness and angry side of USMB and just enjoy each other.

First timers receive a complimentary beverage.

piclbKrzN.jpg

While I'm thinking about it, SFC Ollie asked me to express his thanks to all of you who mentioned him and his beloved Maria as he said the final goodbyes to her. I do hope he will choose to return at least to the Coffee Shop. I know all those who knew him here want that too, and those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting him would appreciate the opportunity.

Forum List

Back