USMB Coffee Shop IV

There is nothing further inland. The mountains separate us from the valley...which is 2.5 hours East of us. South is Santa Barbara, North is Monterey.... Which are more expensive than here.:(

It will be a month next wednesday that we have been in this situation. We are still alive, so...gonna keep plugging along as long as we can.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

You're handling it much better than I would!
I dunno about that. Today was not a very good day....winter has arrived and man o man, my joints are having a hissyfit. I hurt all damn day and couldn't get warm no matter what I tried. I finally layered up....two pair leggings, knee warmers, socks inside my uggs, one of MrG's thermal shirts under Mr sweater, my thick coat, gloves. Ow ow and double ow. Finally I got warm but it's only going to get worse, I fear. If something doesn't happen soon, I think we both will break. He lost 10 lbs so far... And he seems to be in more pain than me with his messed up knees. He has to go in for an MRI next month...they are talking knee replacement surgery. Yeah. Sure. And where does he recuperate? The van?
Meanwhile, I have lost a whopping 15 lbs just this past month. Neither of us realized it until the doc weighed us. I thought our pants were getting a tad loose, but didn't connect the dots.

While I'm thinking about it, SFC Ollie asked me to express his thanks to all of you who mentioned him and his beloved Maria as he said the final goodbyes to her. I do hope he will choose to return at least to the Coffee Shop. I know all those who knew him here want that too, and those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting him would appreciate the opportunity.
While the internets are a poor substitute for family, I, too, hope SFC Ollie will choose to return to us at the CS. I'm sure I'm not the only denizen here who loves and appreciates him. Ollie? You reading this? 1SG(Ret)Lee wants you back here!

There is nothing further inland. The mountains separate us from the valley...which is 2.5 hours East of us. South is Santa Barbara, North is Monterey.... Which are more expensive than here.:(

It will be a month next wednesday that we have been in this situation. We are still alive, so...gonna keep plugging along as long as we can.

I dunno about that. Today was not a very good day....winter has arrived and man o man, my joints are having a hissyfit. I hurt all damn day and couldn't get warm no matter what I tried. I finally layered up....two pair leggings, knee warmers, socks inside my uggs, one of MrG's thermal shirts under Mr sweater, my thick coat, gloves. Ow ow and double ow. Finally I got warm but it's only going to get worse, I fear. If something doesn't happen soon, I think we both will break. He lost 10 lbs so far... And he seems to be in more pain than me with his messed up knees. He has to go in for an MRI next month...they are talking knee replacement surgery. Yeah. Sure. And where does he recuperate? The van?
Meanwhile, I have lost a whopping 15 lbs just this past month. Neither of us realized it until the doc weighed us. I thought our pants were getting a tad loose, but didn't connect the dots.

I'm guessing the news that it is particularly warm here (30-40 F) will not encourage you?

So sorry Gracie. Maybe you should try moving in with the inlaws for awhile? But still sending all possible positive vibes your way.

Good night darlinks. The super moon over Albuquerque tonight.

15025585_10154568173460359_2818972545275420252_o.jpg

So sorry Gracie. Maybe you should try moving in with the inlaws for awhile? But still sending all possible positive vibes your way.

Same here!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all others who need to find their way back.

The moon is large and bright tonight and will be full tomorrow night. This will be the largest super moon we have had for 68 years or will have again until 2034.

Supermoon.jpg
Wow!
Wonderful moon! I'm gonna download this picture :banana:

You are welcome to do so esthermoon. And welcome to the Coffee Shop. I see you are in Vietnam. Are you Vietnamese? We are so pleased you found us and I hope you will drop in often. This is the place to get away from the sometimes roughness and angry side of USMB and just enjoy each other.

First timers receive a complimentary beverage.

piclbKrzN.jpg
Hi Foxfyre! Thanks for your welcome :bye1:
I'm Vietnamese! I'm here because I'd like to know English better :)

(thank you for the drink! I was thirsty :biggrin: :smiliehug:)

Okay I am going to go total denial here and spin this as your vacation to the spa has resulted in some toning and conditioning. :(

Lord, this is your wheezing servant save. Please grant my friend Gracie and her family good shelter along with blessings and mercies without end. Yours is the power and glory forever. Amen.

I have a fresh cup of coffee. Sure is a pretty day here in northwestern Illinois this morning. Looks like it's going to be a nice day around here. Hope everybody has a zippy do dah kind of day. Go ahead, have an extra donut. Live large.

I went to a sixty fifth birthday party for the wife of one of my oldest and dearest friends Saturday. It was beautiful! Lots of food and friends and a warm sunny mid-November day.

The last three threads I've started on the board were obituaries. Leonard Cohen last Friday, Leon Russell Sunday and Gwen Ifill yesterday.

Sixty fifth birthdays and three obits in a weekend. I fear it's God's way of telling me something.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all others who need to find their way back.

The moon is large and bright tonight and will be full tomorrow night. This will be the largest super moon we have had for 68 years or will have again until 2034.

Supermoon.jpg
Wow!
Wonderful moon! I'm gonna download this picture :banana:

You are welcome to do so esthermoon. And welcome to the Coffee Shop. I see you are in Vietnam. Are you Vietnamese? We are so pleased you found us and I hope you will drop in often. This is the place to get away from the sometimes roughness and angry side of USMB and just enjoy each other.

First timers receive a complimentary beverage.

piclbKrzN.jpg
Hi Foxfyre! Thanks for your welcome :bye1:
I'm Vietnamese! I'm here because I'd like to know English better :)

(thank you for the drink! I was thirsty :biggrin: :smiliehug:)

Your English is great! I'm impressed when people can communicate in one language competently, let alone two or more!! And don't worry if you don't get everything just right. It will just look like American slang then. :)

But you have to be a little careful too. When Hombre (my husband) was in photography school the summer we spent in West Virginia, one of the students that we befriended was a young man who was native born in Hong Kong which at that time made him a British citizen, but he was Chinese by race and he was attending college off and on in France. So he spoke Chinese and French fluently and was learning English and was doing well. The only problem was he was practicing understanding English fluently by watching American made movies. And he was particularly fond of Clint Eastwood movies.

Hombre and another gentleman quickly had to take him aside to explain that the language used in some of those movies was not appropriate in polite company in America. He understood quickly and the problem was solved.

I don't think you will have that problem. :)

Happy belated Morning !

Our electric company is upgrading our big electrial boxes and they came buy to replace the transformers and lines.
The elec. was off from 7:30 till just now.
Man oh man did I have one very pissed off water turtle because he didn't have his heat lamp.
He went from the top of his basking area up top making as much noise as he could up there, then splashed into his water makng as much of a racket as he could the whole time it was off. Back and back and fourth. :lmao:
It was very loud for hours but oh so funny to watch. :biggrin:
I have a very spoiled turtle.

I went to a sixty fifth birthday party for the wife of one of my oldest and dearest friends Saturday. It was beautiful! Lots of food and friends and a warm sunny mid-November day.

The last three threads I've started on the board were obituaries. Leonard Cohen last Friday, Leon Russell Sunday and Gwen Ifill yesterday.

Sixty fifth birthdays and three obits in a weekend. I fear it's God's way of telling me something.

I think it is just a lesson for us all that nothing here on Earth is forever and life goes on even as we have to say goodbye to those we admire and/or love.

Forum List

Back