USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay the wife had a phone screening today, phone interview tomorrow and another Thursday. The last two are for Tuscon the one today was for of all places....... Lubbock TX...... And they seemed to really like her....... Great..... Lubbock....... :doubt:

Where is Tuscon?

No!
He would go to war with it.
That's something foreign and he needs to defend his territory. :lmao:

Again we need to be reminded that many creatures that we don't think of as sentient beings actually are. I am reminded of the scene in "The China Syndrome" in which the reporter comes home after a trying day and is greeted by her large turtle who comes to her as she enters the door. She picks him up and carries him around for a bit which he seemed to enjoy.

I just wish I would have thought about doing a short video of his rant on my cell phone, then you all could have heard how loud he was and the angry look he had on his face. It was hilarious.
But then in after tought it would have taken me awhile to learn how to upload it to here. :redface:

Probably we have all seen the youtube video of the large tortoise that was on his back and unable to right himself. His friend, another tortoise, worked and worked to get him turned over and finally accomplished it. It was absolutely deliberate. These creatures feel, and think.

Oh found it:

The video of the rescue that follows of a humpback whale is educational too.

Thats really sweet.:)
But they are desert tortoises. They are much more in the gental nature of turtles and yes they do help each other when in trouble.

But Mikey is a water turtle- a red eared slider. They are all over in our swamps like Louisiana
They are mean, aggressive, and territorial, he would fight another turtle especially if another male was put in his habitat.
Its run or kill in their world because crocs love to eat them.

Do you have a lot of swamps or crocs in southeast Arizona??????? Or you were just using that for a comparison. :)

What ya really have to worry about in the desert ain't crocs or gators.......

animals-sand_danger-deserts-sharks-hunters-predator-mkan58_low.jpg

Okay the wife had a phone screening today, phone interview tomorrow and another Thursday. The last two are for Tuscon the one today was for of all places....... Lubbock TX...... And they seemed to really like her....... Great..... Lubbock....... :doubt:

Hey I was born in Lubbock!!! There isn't a lot to see or do there and nothing really close for easy day trips, but it is a great little city with all the amenities and a small town feel. But to the north there is Palo Duro Canyon, to the southeast Big Bend, to the west the New Mexico mountains are close enough for a long day trip or an easy overnight. And you're within fairly easy driving distance to the DFW metro area or San Antonio etc. You could do worse.

I've never been to Tuscon but I bet Peach could give you a good sense of what sort of place it is.

Well if it's Tucson then whoopeeee!
You and the wife might want to meet with me and hubby someday. :)
Maybe we could do lunch.

Where is Tuscon?
It's near Tucson........ :eusa_whistle:
Texas?
Mongolia......

Ewww...
That will really mess with your breathing problems. :(

Maybe we could do lunch.

I keep hoping for that when they're coming through Albuquerque too.

Maybe they don't want to meet with us, I can respect that.
That's why if me and hubby had gone to Alabama, I would have just dropped off all of my cooking at the bar.
It would have been up to Ernie if he wanted to actually meet us.

Maybe we could do lunch.

That's why if me and hubby had gone to Alabama, I would have just dropped off all of my cooking at the bar.

It's possible and I too would respect that. I would have already suggested it but Hombre wasn't available and I know he wouldn't want me meeting with somebody I had only met on line without him along as my protector. But I personally would enjoy meeting the Ringels and the Peach family and pretty much anybody else who regularly posts in the Coffee Shop. :)

I still regret missing GW when he and his family were coming through Albuquerque. It was just one of those days that we were booked solid and I wasn't home when he called.

Maybe we could do lunch.

It's possible and I too would respect that. I would have already suggested it but Hombre wasn't available and I know he wouldn't want me meeting with somebody I had only met on line without him along as my protector. But I personally would enjoy meeting the Ringels and the Peach family and pretty much anybody else who regularly posts in the Coffee Shop. :)

I still regret missing GW when he and his family were coming through Albuquerque. It was just one of those days that we were booked solid and I wasn't home when he called.

You say that because you haven't met me. :FIREdevil:

Maybe we could do lunch.

I would like to meet you and your husband too.
Not sure if we will ever drive back to Colo. again with my Mom being gone now.
My two cousins I have left in Colo. come down to vist us.

Hope things start looking up for Gracie. :( She should be able to get some kind of emergency assistance if she is living in her vehicle. That is unacceptable, IMO.

That's what I think too, but I suppose they would just refer them to a homeless shelter or something like that. Gracie and the Mister understandably want to stay in the area where they trust the support services they have. Sometimes it does come the time to accept that an alternate reality will be necessary. But not being there and knowing what the situation actually is, I have to trust that their judgment is better than mine would be not knowing the whole situation..

Last edited:
Maybe we could do lunch.

You say that because you haven't met me. :FIREdevil:

I sort of think somebody who could be trusted with a preschooler would also be safe for me to meet. :)

I feel terrible about Mr. and Mrs. Gracie. :( If my son wasn't living with me, I would have an extra room and would gladly give them a room.

That's our situation--our extra room could be needed long term at any moment--plus I don't know if New Mexico has the same support services that California has for folks in such situations and I'm pretty sure our medical services are inferior to those in California. And we are a LONG way from even a small lake, let alone a beach.

But there has to be a better solution than homelessness for anybody with a steady income. There are any number of studio apartments in Albuquerque, some in excellent neighborhoods, for $450 to $550 - a 1 bedroom apt is a bit more - and that of course is too small for 2 people, but it would be better than living in your car at least short term. Probably some would also allow the dog?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back