USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hey I was born in Lubbock!!! There isn't a lot to see or do there and nothing really close for easy day trips, but it is a great little city with all the amenities and a small town feel. But to the north there is Palo Duro Canyon, to the southeast Big Bend, to the west the New Mexico mountains are close enough for a long day trip or an easy overnight. And you're within fairly easy driving distance to the DFW metro area or San Antonio etc. You could do worse.

I've never been to Tuscon but I bet Peach could give you a good sense of what sort of place it is.

They can visit the local amusement park.:D

Joyland_Lubbock_TX_entrance_DSCN8529.JPG

That makes me think of this :

latest
It reminds me of this........

440cbe9c509e3862339659b6aef64ca7.jpg

It makes me think of fair food, and I know Ringel is a huge fan of such yummy goodness.:D

35547429001_5081571524001_5081568065001-vs.jpg
That looks like donuts with mac-n-cheese and a bacon cheeseburger...yuck!

Yes it is.

We're apparently destined for our second oddball winter in a row. The temps are still hovering around freezing, perhaps a little lower locally. There's been one actual snowfall, what remains is ice and frost.
Penelope, my new "puppy" is becoming more confident and trusting. I actually go a tail wag and a playful overture today. She's not flinching away from me when I pet her, either. I'm feeling pleased that I adopted this little treasure.

They can visit the local amusement park.:D

Joyland_Lubbock_TX_entrance_DSCN8529.JPG

latest

It makes me think of fair food, and I know Ringel is a huge fan of such yummy goodness.:D

Yes it is.
Who would actually eat such a thing?

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all others who need to find their way back.

The super moon began waning tonight and we're seeing the last of autumn foliage in much of the country:

autumn-road-nature-hd-wallpaper-6.jpeg

Okay the wife had a phone screening today, phone interview tomorrow and another Thursday. The last two are for Tuscon the one today was for of all places....... Lubbock TX...... And they seemed to really like her....... Great..... Lubbock....... :doubt:

Hey I was born in Lubbock!!! There isn't a lot to see or do there and nothing really close for easy day trips, but it is a great little city with all the amenities and a small town feel. But to the north there is Palo Duro Canyon, to the southeast Big Bend, to the west the New Mexico mountains are close enough for a long day trip or an easy overnight. And you're within fairly easy driving distance to the DFW metro area or San Antonio etc. You could do worse.

I've never been to Tuscon but I bet Peach could give you a good sense of what sort of place it is.
Give me mountains and deserts....... and Lubbock in my rear view mirror.........

Benson AZ.

latest

Yes it is.

Nobody I would hope.

Yes it is.

Nobody I would hope.
I would never presume to restrict someone else's choice of "food", but every single one of the things in that pile, except bacon, is on my "no go" list. I reiterate...yuck!

Another case of how Daisy the Mutt regularly vacuums my wallet. Today is the 15th of the month which means it's time for her monthly doses of heartworm and anti-flea medication. Of course I was fresh out of the Frontline flea treatment.

A trip to the vet and $50 later...

Last month was the groomer, the month before was her annual veterinarian check up. Next month, the groomer again so she can look spectacular for the holidays. January means dog tags and license. on the leash during our daily walks. If the walk way was icy, she would pull as I slid along. I often thought of shouting "On you Huskies!" in the spirit of Jack London. But such a call would raise eyebrows given she is a miniature poodle.

But, at a slim 13 pounds, she isn't qualified to do any of those important and potentially dangerous tasks. I've considered having her become a therapy dog. But to certify her as such means training and that's yet another opportunity for Daisy the Mutt to clean out my wallet.

She will have to be content to sleep 18 hours a day on a cushion the size of a toilet seat. And I'll have to be content paying her considerable way.
I am always pleased that I live where heartworms and fleas are something other people complain about. And living out in the sticks means not having to purchase licenses. My new companion is a pug-rat terrier hybrid and requires minimal grooming, which can be accomplished by brushing.
A low maintenance pet! That would be great! I still have to put the brush to Daisy the Mutt daily. But she enjoys it. Except for the brushing the face part.

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Imperius,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all others who need to find their way back.

The moon is large and bright tonight and will be full tomorrow night. This will be the largest super moon we have had for 68 years or will have again until 2034.

Supermoon.jpg
Wow!
Wonderful moon! I'm gonna download this picture :banana:

You are welcome to do so esthermoon. And welcome to the Coffee Shop. I see you are in Vietnam. Are you Vietnamese? We are so pleased you found us and I hope you will drop in often. This is the place to get away from the sometimes roughness and angry side of USMB and just enjoy each other.

First timers receive a complimentary beverage.

piclbKrzN.jpg
Hi Foxfyre! Thanks for your welcome :bye1:
I'm Vietnamese! I'm here because I'd like to know English better :)

(thank you for the drink! I was thirsty :biggrin: :smiliehug:)

Your English is great! I'm impressed when people can communicate in one language competently, let alone two or more!! And don't worry if you don't get everything just right. It will just look like American slang then. :)

But you have to be a little careful too. When Hombre (my husband) was in photography school the summer we spent in West Virginia, one of the students that we befriended was a young man who was native born in Hong Kong which at that time made him a British citizen, but he was Chinese by race and he was attending college off and on in France. So he spoke Chinese and French fluently and was learning English and was doing well. The only problem was he was practicing understanding English fluently by watching American made movies. And he was particularly fond of Clint Eastwood movies.

Hombre and another gentleman quickly had to take him aside to explain that the language used in some of those movies was not appropriate in polite company in America. He understood quickly and the problem was solved.

I don't think you will have that problem. :)
Hi Foxfyre! :bye1:
Thanks for your words! I thought my English wasn't so good but if you tell me it's pretty good I'm really flattered! :smiliehug:
Like that young Chinese guy I really like to see American movies but I don't like Clint Eastwood too much.
I prefer old American movies like Alfred Hitchcock's movies and many others!
Last week I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's! Lovely movie! :bowdown:
Lucky for me old movies were polite and not vulgar at all! :D

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Imperius,

The moon is large and bright tonight and will be full tomorrow night. This will be the largest super moon we have had for 68 years or will have again until 2034.

Supermoon.jpg
Wow!

You are welcome to do so esthermoon. And welcome to the Coffee Shop. I see you are in Vietnam. Are you Vietnamese? We are so pleased you found us and I hope you will drop in often. This is the place to get away from the sometimes roughness and angry side of USMB and just enjoy each other.

piclbKrzN.jpg

Your English is great! I'm impressed when people can communicate in one language competently, let alone two or more!! And don't worry if you don't get everything just right. It will just look like American slang then. :)

But you have to be a little careful too. When Hombre (my husband) was in photography school the summer we spent in West Virginia, one of the students that we befriended was a young man who was native born in Hong Kong which at that time made him a British citizen, but he was Chinese by race and he was attending college off and on in France. So he spoke Chinese and French fluently and was learning English and was doing well. The only problem was he was practicing understanding English fluently by watching American made movies. And he was particularly fond of Clint Eastwood movies.

Hombre and another gentleman quickly had to take him aside to explain that the language used in some of those movies was not appropriate in polite company in America. He understood quickly and the problem was solved.

Thanks for your words! I thought my English wasn't so good but if you tell me it's pretty good I'm really flattered! :smiliehug:
Like that young Chinese guy I really like to see American movies but I don't like Clint Eastwood too much.

Yes your English is very good and welcome!

Wow!

piclbKrzN.jpg

Thank you peach! :bye1:

piclbKrzN.jpg

I like the older movies too. I also love some of the silent ones. :welcome:

Yes it is.

Nobody I would hope.
I would never presume to restrict someone else's choice of "food", but every single one of the things in that pile, except bacon, is on my "no go" list. I reiterate...yuck!

You say yuck to burgers and to donuts? Donuts?!

Yes it is.

Nobody I would hope.

You say yuck to burgers and to donuts? Donuts?!

I wouldn't eat a burger on a donut, either. :p

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Imperius,

Supermoon.jpg
Wow!

piclbKrzN.jpg

We are on the same page my beautiful new friend. Is that you in your avatar? If so, you are truly beautiful on the outside and I've already decided you are beautiful on the inside.

I love old movies too and that is pretty much all I have in my home movie collection except for a very few really good modern ones but those are rare.. The ones that have a lot of unnecessary angry profanity and violence wound my spirit. I watch movies to feel good, be inspired, feel, compassion, appreciate, etc

If you are fluent enough in English to understand American movies in English, you are as fluent as probably many of us that English is their first language. I know enough Spanish to barely get by and sometimes try to watch a Spanish language movie. But my brain is still translating instead of just automatically understanding and isn't quick enough to follow. the dialogue very well yet. One of these days, maybe that will change.

Anyway again we are so happy you have joined us here esthermoon.

Wow!

piclbKrzN.jpg

We are on the same page my beautiful new friend. Is that you in your avatar? If so, you are truly beautiful on the outside and I've already decided you are beautiful on the inside.

I love old movies too and that is pretty much all I have in my home movie collection except for a very few really good modern ones but those are rare.. The ones that have a lot of unnecessary angry profanity and violence wound my spirit. I watch movies to feel good, be inspired, feel, compassion, appreciate, etc

If you are fluent enough in English to understand American movies in English, you are as fluent as probably many of us that English is their first language. I know enough Spanish to barely get by and sometimes try to watch a Spanish language movie. But my brain is still translating instead of just automatically understanding and isn't quick enough to follow. the dialogue very well yet. One of these days, maybe that will change.

Hey Foxfyre! Thanks for your compliments!
It's me in my avatar but I don't think I'm beautiful! Anyway recently I've changed my hair color.
Now I'm a fake blonde :biggrin:
Sometimes I like to change my hair color because I want to see if my eyes like me more ;)
I'm happy to see you love old movies like me! Recently I also watched a very old (and very funny) movie "Tom Dick and Harry" from 1941 :bow3:
:bye1:

I like the older movies too. I also love some of the silent ones. :welcome:
Same here peach!
I really like this silent movie

I've always loved Alice in Wonderland ;)

piclbKrzN.jpg

Hey Foxfyre! Thanks for your compliments!
It's me in my avatar but I don't think I'm beautiful! Anyway recently I've changed my hair color.
Now I'm a fake blonde :biggrin:
Sometimes I like to change my hair color because I want to see if my eyes like me more ;)
I'm happy to see you love old movies like me! Recently I also watched a very old (and very funny) movie "Tom Dick and Harry" from 1941 :bow3:

Well whatever your hair color--my hair color isn't what I was born with either :)--trust me. You are beautiful.

By the way, in your sig line, is câu chào "hello" in Vietnamese?

Forum List

Back