USMB Coffee Shop IV

I feel terrible about Mr. and Mrs. Gracie. :( If my son wasn't living with me, I would have an extra room and would gladly give them a room.

That's our situation--our extra room could be needed at any moment--plus I don't know if New Mexico has the same support services that California has for folks in such situations and I'm pretty sure our medical services are inferior to those in California. And we are a LONG way from even a small lake, let alone a beach.

A few miles to visit the ocean from here. The weather isn't as nice as CA, but I have all the amenities. I have a nice little patio with a nice view of the woods and there is a river out back. It's a nice and safe area. At least they could be comfortable. I can't now anyways because my son is living here, but if he wasn't here, I would totally offer them the room.

I feel terrible about Mr. and Mrs. Gracie. :( If my son wasn't living with me, I would have an extra room and would gladly give them a room.

That's our situation--our extra room could be needed at any moment--plus I don't know if New Mexico has the same support services that California has for folks in such situations and I'm pretty sure our medical services are inferior to those in California. And we are a LONG way from even a small lake, let alone a beach.

A few miles to visit the ocean from here. The weather isn't as nice as CA, but I have all the amenities. I have a nice little patio with a nice view of the woods and there is a river out back. It's a nice and safe area. At least they could be comfortable. I can't now anyways because my son is living here, but if he wasn't here, I would totally offer them the room.

You live a LONG way from the Pacific coast though. At least we are within a long one-day drive - an easy 2 day drive.

From what you are describing though, I think I would love living where you are.

You live a LONG way from the Pacific coast though. At least we are within a long one-day drive - an easy 2 day drive.

Yeah, true. They would have a long way to commute to get here.

Hi CS! I've been so caught up in the post election stuff, that I haven't even dropped by here to say hi. :) So hi.

65346386.jpg
There was an election??!!! Nobody tells me anything. :doubt:

What good is welfare if it can't help people like Gracie, an AMERICAN CITIZEN? We'll take in people from other parts of the world and set them up, but we can't help our OWN people???

Sorry for getting a bit political, but that really makes me angry!

What good is welfare if it can't help people like Gracie, an AMERICAN CITIZEN? We'll take in people from other parts of the world and set them up, but we can't help our OWN people???

Me too!
That's just it. It doesn't help.
It didn't help one of my girlfriends either.
Calif. didn't help me either, when I was a Single woman. I needed kids or no assistance.

Yeah a little too political maybe but I wont even offer a gentle reprimand just this once. I suppose because I agree so strongly. :)

Well if it's Tucson then whoopeeee!
You and the wife might want to meet with me and hubby someday. :)
Maybe we could do lunch.

I keep hoping for that when they're coming through Albuquerque too.

Maybe they don't want to meet with us, I can respect that.
That's why if me and hubby had gone to Alabama, I would have just dropped off all of my cooking at the bar.
It would have been up to Ernie if he wanted to actually meet us.

It's possible and I too would respect that. I would have already suggested it but Hombre wasn't available and I know he wouldn't want me meeting with somebody I had only met on line without him along as my protector. But I personally would enjoy meeting the Ringels and the Peach family and pretty much anybody else who regularly posts in the Coffee Shop. :)

I still regret missing GW when he and his family were coming through Albuquerque. It was just one of those days that we were booked solid and I wasn't home when he called.

You say that because you haven't met me. :FIREdevil:

I sort of think somebody who could be trusted with a preschooler would also be safe for me to meet. :)

I didn't say anything about safety, just enjoyment. :p

Okay the wife had a phone screening today, phone interview tomorrow and another Thursday. The last two are for Tuscon the one today was for of all places....... Lubbock TX...... And they seemed to really like her....... Great..... Lubbock....... :doubt:

Hey I was born in Lubbock!!! There isn't a lot to see or do there and nothing really close for easy day trips, but it is a great little city with all the amenities and a small town feel. But to the north there is Palo Duro Canyon, to the southeast Big Bend, to the west the New Mexico mountains are close enough for a long day trip or an easy overnight. And you're within fairly easy driving distance to the DFW metro area or San Antonio etc. You could do worse.

I've never been to Tuscon but I bet Peach could give you a good sense of what sort of place it is.

They can visit the local amusement park.:D

Joyland_Lubbock_TX_entrance_DSCN8529.JPG

Okay the wife had a phone screening today, phone interview tomorrow and another Thursday. The last two are for Tuscon the one today was for of all places....... Lubbock TX...... And they seemed to really like her....... Great..... Lubbock....... :doubt:

Hey I was born in Lubbock!!! There isn't a lot to see or do there and nothing really close for easy day trips, but it is a great little city with all the amenities and a small town feel. But to the north there is Palo Duro Canyon, to the southeast Big Bend, to the west the New Mexico mountains are close enough for a long day trip or an easy overnight. And you're within fairly easy driving distance to the DFW metro area or San Antonio etc. You could do worse.

I've never been to Tuscon but I bet Peach could give you a good sense of what sort of place it is.

Are you actually trying to make me feel worse.......? :dunno:

Would I do that??:dunno:

:smiliehug:

Give me mountains and deserts....... and Lubbock in my rear view mirror.........

Would I do that??:dunno:

:smiliehug:
I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too..........

That makes me think of this :

latest

latest
It reminds me of this........

440cbe9c509e3862339659b6aef64ca7.jpg

latest

It makes me think of fair food, and I know Ringel is a huge fan of such yummy goodness.:D

35547429001_5081571524001_5081568065001-vs.jpg

latest

It makes me think of fair food, and I know Ringel is a huge fan of such yummy goodness.:D

Thank God I ate already...... Of course if you had posted that an hour ago I would have fasted.........

latest

Thank God I ate already...... Of course if you had posted that an hour ago I would have fasted.........

Making note of the time for future reference.:eusa_whistle:

Another case of how Daisy the Mutt regularly vacuums my wallet. Today is the 15th of the month which means it's time for her monthly doses of heartworm and anti-flea medication. Of course I was fresh out of the Frontline flea treatment.

A trip to the vet and $50 later...

Last month was the groomer, the month before was her annual veterinarian check up. Next month, the groomer again so she can look spectacular for the holidays. January means dog tags and license. on the leash during our daily walks. If the walk way was icy, she would pull as I slid along. I often thought of shouting "On you Huskies!" in the spirit of Jack London. But such a call would raise eyebrows given she is a miniature poodle.

But, at a slim 13 pounds, she isn't qualified to do any of those important and potentially dangerous tasks. I've considered having her become a therapy dog. But to certify her as such means training and that's yet another opportunity for Daisy the Mutt to clean out my wallet.

She will have to be content to sleep 18 hours a day on a cushion the size of a toilet seat. And I'll have to be content paying her considerable way.
I am always pleased that I live where heartworms and fleas are something other people complain about. And living out in the sticks means not having to purchase licenses. My new companion is a pug-rat terrier hybrid and requires minimal grooming, which can be accomplished by brushing.

latest

That looks like donuts with mac-n-cheese and a bacon cheeseburger...yuck!

Forum List

Back