USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yes it is.
Who would actually eat such a thing?

Nobody I would hope.
I would never presume to restrict someone else's choice of "food", but every single one of the things in that pile, except bacon, is on my "no go" list. I reiterate...yuck!

You say yuck to burgers and to donuts? Donuts?!
Oh, hells, yeah! Donuts are pretty close to the worst thing I can think of eating!

Donuts are delicious. Mmmm.....donuts......

hqdefault.jpg

Nobody I would hope.
I would never presume to restrict someone else's choice of "food", but every single one of the things in that pile, except bacon, is on my "no go" list. I reiterate...yuck!

Oh, hells, yeah! Donuts are pretty close to the worst thing I can think of eating!

Except once a year I indulge in some Krispy Kremes. I don't know what it is about them but that once a year I just have to have some. And then I won't touch another donut for the next 12 months.
We can get KKs sometimes. Lots of groups raise funds selling them. Unfortunately, they are flown in from the Lower 48, frozen. Not even close to a fresh, hot KK right off the production line.

Nobody I would hope.

hqdefault.jpg
Don't misunderstand, I love donuts. It's just that I've learned to do without lots of particularly "heavy" foods. I stay away from fast food, too, and most fried items are considered a treat. Although, there is one place I stop for lunch occasionally that serves some of the best French fries. The partner usually orders a plate of those and I apply my Helen Keller table manners and nosh on some of his fries.

Nobody I would hope.

hqdefault.jpg
Don't misunderstand, I love donuts. It's just that I've learned to do without lots of particularly "heavy" foods. I stay away from fast food, too, and most fried items are considered a treat. Although, there is one place I stop for lunch occasionally that serves some of the best French fries. The partner usually orders a plate of those and I apply my Helen Keller table manners and nosh on some of his fries.

Well, I completely understand not eating something for dietary reasons. Everyone should like donuts. :p

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all others who need to find their way back.

Yes this is a real photo and an actual place. Anybody know where it is?

tumblr_lzy4djRjGl1qaod4yo6_1280.jpg

Wow!
Wonderful moon! I'm gonna download this picture :banana:

You are welcome to do so esthermoon. And welcome to the Coffee Shop. I see you are in Vietnam. Are you Vietnamese? We are so pleased you found us and I hope you will drop in often. This is the place to get away from the sometimes roughness and angry side of USMB and just enjoy each other.

First timers receive a complimentary beverage.

piclbKrzN.jpg
Hi Foxfyre! Thanks for your welcome :bye1:
I'm Vietnamese! I'm here because I'd like to know English better :)

(thank you for the drink! I was thirsty :biggrin: :smiliehug:)

Your English is great! I'm impressed when people can communicate in one language competently, let alone two or more!! And don't worry if you don't get everything just right. It will just look like American slang then. :)

But you have to be a little careful too. When Hombre (my husband) was in photography school the summer we spent in West Virginia, one of the students that we befriended was a young man who was native born in Hong Kong which at that time made him a British citizen, but he was Chinese by race and he was attending college off and on in France. So he spoke Chinese and French fluently and was learning English and was doing well. The only problem was he was practicing understanding English fluently by watching American made movies. And he was particularly fond of Clint Eastwood movies.

Hombre and another gentleman quickly had to take him aside to explain that the language used in some of those movies was not appropriate in polite company in America. He understood quickly and the problem was solved.

I don't think you will have that problem. :)
Hi Foxfyre! :bye1:
Thanks for your words! I thought my English wasn't so good but if you tell me it's pretty good I'm really flattered! :smiliehug:
Like that young Chinese guy I really like to see American movies but I don't like Clint Eastwood too much.
I prefer old American movies like Alfred Hitchcock's movies and many others!
Last week I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's! Lovely movie! :bowdown:
Lucky for me old movies were polite and not vulgar at all! :D
If you enjoy older movies, try "The Lion in Winter". There's a lot of absolutely marvelous wordplay. Not to mention Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn, what a pair of actors!
Thank you gallantwarrior! :bye1:

I like the older movies too. I also love some of the silent ones. :welcome:
:bye1:
Same here peach!
I really like this silent movie

I've always loved Alice in Wonderland ;)

Oh yes thats a good one I saw it also.:)

Do you watch Japanese Anime?

Yes I love many Japanese Cartoons!
One of the best for me is Maison Ikkoku :D

Did you recognize Kirara my avatar from InuYasha I love that one.
I have not seen Maison Ikkoku yet.
Maybe we can't get it here.
I shall look into that. Thank you

Oh Inuyasha! That's why your avatar looked familiar to me! :biggrin:
Last time I watched that toon was 4/5 years ago :)
I found for you the first episode of Maison Ikkoku.
It's in Japanese with English subs :bye1:

:bye1:
Same here peach!
I really like this silent movie

I've always loved Alice in Wonderland ;)

Oh yes thats a good one I saw it also.:)

Do you watch Japanese Anime?

Yes I love many Japanese Cartoons!
One of the best for me is Maison Ikkoku :D

Did you recognize Kirara my avatar from InuYasha I love that one.
I have not seen Maison Ikkoku yet.
Maybe we can't get it here.
I shall look into that. Thank you

Oh Inuyasha! That's why your avatar looked familiar to me! :biggrin:
Last time I watched that toon was 4/5 years ago :)
I found for you the first episode of Maison Ikkoku.
It's in Japanese with English subs :bye1:

Yes thank you.
I watched 3 episodes of it yesterday afternoon.
I like it and there are 96 episodes so it gives me some new ones to watch.

Last edited:
Thanksgiving is just a week off. Over the river and through the woods and we gather together, blah blah blah. Our family gathering has expanded and then shrunk and now is about to expand yet again. Such is the nature of family.

We used to have both sets of grandparents as well as a few of my sainted uncles and aunts to the Big House for Thanksgiving. All my grandparents are now departed as well as all my uncles and aunts. Pop passed away eight years ago so our groaning board went from twelve seats to four.

But this year one of my cousins will join us. She just moved back home from deepest, darkest West Virginia. There she picked up a very pronounced regional accent, dropped a ne'er do well husband and acquired a taste for handguns that makes our little family somewhat uneasy. She told us that her concealed carry permit class instructor told her that should she actually have to shoot someone, it would be better if she applied a coup d' gras killing the victim rather than let him live and then subsequently sue her for damages. That level of morality is unsettling to us, to say the least.

My cousin's daughter, a lovely girl with thick auburn hair, a wry smile and glistening eyes came home from Africa where we were told she was performing missionary work. "That's wonderful!" I said "Was she building schools or hospitals or roads? Was she developing wells for potable water or administering vaccines?"

"No" she responded "The part of Africa she was in is one of the world's most prevalent areas where witchcraft is practiced. She went there to help rid the villages of witchcraft by teaching them fundamentalist Christian doctrine."

"Okay" I said, quickly changing the subject "Will she come up from West Virginia for Thanksgiving?"

"No, she is going to have Thanksgiving with her fiancé's family."

And a palpable sigh of relief went up from my family.

Meanwhile, the turkey has been bought, grocery shopping for the side dishes is underway. I'll prepare the ham, my brother will brine, stuff and roast the bird, Mom is in charge of cranking out homemade noodles and what she calls a 'relish tray', but is commonly referred to as croute d' te, someone will step up and make cranberries and green beans and corn and a salad. My brother will begin baking pumpkin and apple and hopefully a raisin pie as well a pan of dinner rolls. That will be our bill of fare for Thursday.

With luck and love, we will all get through Thanksgiving without gunplay or exorcism.

Last edited:
Busy, busy,busy. Just finished combining corn. Nice harvest this year. Got an average of 200 bushels an acre which is the norm for our farm. Now on to more important stuff! Shotgun season opens for deer tomorrow!!!

Busy, busy,busy. Just finished combining corn. Nice harvest this year. Got an average of 200 bushels an acre which is the norm for our farm. Now on to more important stuff! Shotgun season opens for deer tomorrow!!!

Wow, you are still growing corn up there this time of year? The corn harvest was over here a long time ago though it was a bumper crop and we enjoyed some fantastic roasting ears.

And good luck on getting that deer. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE BAMBI!!!!! (Apologizing in advance for the language but this cracks me up.)

Last edited:
I just texted with Gracie for a long while. She asked me to tell everyone she misses them SO much. And she sends :smiliehug::smiliehug::smiliehug::smiliehug:

Please think of, and pray for she and her husband. They really need to find some place where they can stay/live. We need her back here. You know she's got some wild stories to tell!!!

Cool!! The deer get to use shotguns. :thup:

Uuummmmm, what do deer hunt? :dunno:

Thanksgiving is just a week off. Over the river and through the woods and we gather together, blah blah blah. Our family gathering has expanded and then shrunk and now is about to expand yet again. Such is the nature of family.

We used to have both sets of grandparents as well as a few of my sainted uncles and aunts to the Big House for Thanksgiving. All my grandparents are now departed as well as all my uncles and aunts. Pop passed away eight years ago so our groaning board went from twelve seats to four.

But this year one of my cousins will join us. She just moved back home from deepest, darkest West Virginia. There she picked up a very pronounced regional accent, dropped a ne'er do well husband and acquired a taste for handguns that makes our little family somewhat uneasy. She told us that her concealed carry permit class instructor told her that should she actually have to shoot someone, it would be better if she applied a coup d' gras killing the victim rather than let him live and then subsequently sue her for damages. That level of morality is unsettling to us, to say the least.

My cousin's daughter, a lovely girl with thick auburn hair, a wry smile and glistening eyes came home from Africa where we were told she was performing missionary work. "That's wonderful!" I said "Was she building schools or hospitals or roads? Was she developing wells for potable water or administering vaccines?"

"No" she responded "The part of Africa she was in is one of the world's most prevalent areas where witchcraft is practiced. She went there to help rid the villages of witchcraft by teaching them fundamentalist Christian doctrine."

"Okay" I said, quickly changing the subject "Will she come up from West Virginia for Thanksgiving?"

Meanwhile, the turkey has been bought, grocery shopping for the side dishes is underway. I'll prepare the ham, my brother will brine, stuff and roast the bird, Mom is in charge of cranking out homemade noodles and what she calls a 'relish tray', but is commonly referred to as croute d' te, someone will step up and make cranberries and green beans and corn and a salad. My brother will begin baking pumpkin and apple and hopefully a raisin pie as well a pan of dinner rolls. That will be our bill of fare for Thursday.

With luck and love, we will all get through Thanksgiving without gunplay or exorcism.

Sounds boring......... :eusa_whistle:

:D

Sounds boring......... :eusa_whistle:

:D
Well, I guess we could all don feathered headdresses and war paint then dance around a fire. Or we could serve flaming shots (a particular fear of mine as I have had a full beard for thirty years). Or we could get all Ramboed up and tromp through the woods in search of a 'fresh' turkey. I used to be a sky diver so we could serve the entrée at 14,500' and do our level best to gobble it down during the 65 seconds of freefall time we would have.

Just a few ways we could spice things up, I guess.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back