USMB Coffee Shop IV

Busy, busy,busy. Just finished combining corn. Nice harvest this year. Got an average of 200 bushels an acre which is the norm for our farm. Now on to more important stuff! Shotgun season opens for deer tomorrow!!!
Cool!! The deer get to use shotguns. :thup:

Uuummmmm, what do deer hunt? :dunno:

Wabbits!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, THUMPER!!!!
Shouldn't that be RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, IT"S THUMPER........ :D

I just texted with Gracie for a long while. She asked me to tell everyone she misses them SO much. And she sends :smiliehug::smiliehug::smiliehug::smiliehug:

Please think of, and pray for she and her husband. They really need to find some place where they can stay/live. We need her back here. You know she's got some wild stories to tell!!!

I know. It tears my heart out to think of two seasoned citizens completely homeless and nowhere to go that is satisfactory for them. There just has to be a solution somewhere. They aren't penniless at all, but the area they are in is so expensive and they won't abandon their dog.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I've worn a lot of hats during my storied career. Been to a lot of places, seen a lot of things. But one place came to mind just yesterday. I was talking to Mom, who could win a gold medal if Hand Wringing was an Olympic event. She's currently worried about my potential exposure to bedbugs. I told her that I take all the necessary precautions and I have faced greater hazards than bedbugs.

I had a project in Birmingham, Alabama in August at a coke plant. Now, just break that down. Birmingham Alabama. Not known for the winter sports activities, not considered a good place to be when months have no "R" in their name. August. Arguably the hottest month of our calendar. And a coke plant. A place that heats coal and converts it to a higher temperature yielding fuel. Coke is to coal as charcoal is to hardwood.

The place was as close to the hinges on the gates of Hell a mortal can get without first dying. My job was to calibrate, place and analyze air pumps to determine the level of toxic gases the workers were exposed to. The pumps are about the sized of a cigar box, fitted with a length of aquarium tubing with a filter cassette about the size of a 35mm film canister.

The pumps had to be placed in areas the workers spent their time. So, the plant manager walked me around the facility and explained the operations there. Coke is placed in what they call batteries. these batteries are arraigned like slices of bread in a loaf, cheek to jowl as it were. They each are about three feet wide and thirty feet square with eight to ten batteries arrayed together.

Coal is poured into the top of each battery and a steel lid is affixed. The narrow sides of the batteries are actually doors so when the coke is ready, both doors are opened and the coke is pushed out the opposite side into a waiting rail car. It comes out red hot, smoking and dirty. Dumped into the rail car, it then goes beneath a spray of water to quench it and prevent it from continuously burning. The sound is deafening, the plume of steam is awe inspiring and the smell... Well, the smell is not one that Airwick would feature in room deodorizers.

We walked beside one of these batteries when the plant manager grabbed my arm. "Wait here just a little bit!" he cautioned with his regional accent dripping with honeysuckle and molasses. I looked ahead and saw one of the batteries spewing gray/green smoke at a prodigious rate.

Suddenly that smoke burst into flame! The flames shot out of the batteries exactly the way I always imagined dragon's fiery blasts would look like. Whoosh! Fifteen more feet and I would have been flambéed.

And Mom is worried about bedbugs.

Busy, busy,busy. Just finished combining corn. Nice harvest this year. Got an average of 200 bushels an acre which is the norm for our farm. Now on to more important stuff! Shotgun season opens for deer tomorrow!!!

Wabbits!

I have a small stuffed replica of Thumper sitting on my desk. He along with Bambi and Pepe Le Pew werre the most adorable Disney characters ever and have been the most recognizable for going on an amazing 75 years now.

Wabbits!

I have a small stuffed replica of Thumper sitting on my desk. He along with Bambi and Pepe Le Pew werre the most adorable Disney characters ever and have been the most recognizable for going on an amazing 75 years now.

I would imagine Mickey is the most recognizable Disney character..... ;)

Wabbits!

Im inocent I tell ya!!!!
I didnt know you had little thumper in full view. :biggrin:

Wabbits!

Well yes being the first and sort of the symbol of the Disney Empire. Mickey Mouse is an astounding 88 years old this year.

I just texted with Gracie for a long while. She asked me to tell everyone she misses them SO much. And she sends :smiliehug::smiliehug::smiliehug::smiliehug:

Please think of, and pray for she and her husband. They really need to find some place where they can stay/live. We need her back here. You know she's got some wild stories to tell!!!

Thanks for the update, Kat. Make sure you tell her that we are thinking about her too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Happy Friday! :D

25-Funny-Friday-Memes-2-Friday-Memes.jpg

Wabbits!

Mickey Rourke? :eusa_eh:

:eusa_whistle:

Wabbits!

Innocent little forest creature? I think not! :D Lol.

No, I don't know if Mickey Rourke's parents would recognize him after the boxing and cosmetic surgeries. :p

No, I don't know if Mickey Rourke's parents would recognize him after the boxing and cosmetic surgeries. :p

I saw him in an old movie once, and he actually used to be not a bad looking man. Does boxing really mess up your face that bad? Goodness. It seems like his whole face is someone else's face.

I saw him in an old movie once, and he actually used to be not a bad looking man. Does boxing really mess up your face that bad? Goodness. It seems like his whole face is someone else's face.

Plastic surgery can do some really amazing things. I don't know if his appearance before was all due to boxing but the surgery sure made a difference:

th

By the way, as I continue to plan and prepare for our family Thanksgiving dinner at our house next week, I am also looking ahead:

15078881_844569505685780_3240670812939085311_n.jpg

Nah, it was playing the bad guy in Iron Man II.........

He had a series of botched surgeries to fix the boxing damage but it's finally been fixed since.

Nah, it was playing the bad guy in Iron Man II.........

He had a series of botched surgeries to fix the boxing damage but it's finally been fixed since.

Well, if that is what you called "fixed." He looks horrible to me. Too bad. He was a good looking man. I think plastic surgery ruins your appearance anyways. They all seem to have that "joker" face going on. It must be because the skin is pulled so tightly. Weird looking.

Plastic surgery can do some really amazing things. I don't know if his appearance before was all due to boxing but the surgery sure made a difference:

th

Maybe he should comb his hair too.

Wow. He was really good looking in the before picture. I realize people get older, but he just looks like he has had too MUCH plastic surgery. I thought the same about Bruce Jenner (before all of the transgender stuff). He was good looking as a younger man, but then he went and had a bunch of plastic surgeries and ruined his face.

Forum List

Back