USMB Coffee Shop IV

There is a small town in az...East of Tucson called Pearce. In-laws want to move there and have us join them. But...we have to go before them cuz they don't have the money for the deposit or first month's rent. I am a bit nervous about yhat

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I tried to read as much as I missed here, but cell battery is really low, so I have to go. I did read the kind offers and thank you guys very much for the thought. I wish I could tell you all that has transpired, but it would be a novel. However y'all need to know that many are experiencing what we are. Seniors without homes, waiting lists five years long, old people in walkers given blankets but no roof. I had no clue the system was so broken until we began to experience it ourselves. Most of the assistances are closed or overwhelmed so bad, there are no available services. It is bad here. Actually all over California. And like I said..we are not alone. It's bad. And sad. At least MrG and I have the van. He is going to sell his truck and get a cargo van. Mine is just not big enough for me, karma and a six foot guy. Hence, cargo van for his bedroom, and we circle the proverbial wagons at night.
We have met many homeless...and no the local hangout for the non druggies and go there whenever we get our SS checks to buy them dollar burgers at Burger King. They were a big help to us when we joined their ranks as "homeless). I think the worst part of this is how we are treated. Like pondscum. Or mentals. Or crackheads. Many in our same boat are like us...paid rent on time, have good credit, but just make enough to pay the awful rents here...and a landlord that boots you out cuz he wants his house back.
One lady we met that also sleeps in her car with her two little poodles, lived in her rental 23 years and BOOM...landlord gave her 60 day notice...and like us, she couldn't find another home. The rent is super high and they want you to pay two months rent as deposit plus normal rent. Adding it all up for a one bedroom..plus turning on all utilities, moving costs, buying furniture...it comes to almost six grand!!!

So needless to say....many of us are in the same proverbial boat. And it's shameful how we treat our own, yet illegals and refugees get more help...not counting money we send to other countries that could go to help US and others like us. Shameful.

AnywY...I have much to share...and I will...eventually. For now, I just don't want to bring anyone down with woes...so...goodnight, thank you, and know I love you guys.

Will check in again when I can.

Hugs

I tried to read as much as I missed here, but cell battery is really low, so I have to go. I did read the kind offers and thank you guys very much for the thought. I wish I could tell you all that has transpired, but it would be a novel. However y'all need to know that many are experiencing what we are. Seniors without homes, waiting lists five years long, old people in walkers given blankets but no roof. I had no clue the system was so broken until we began to experience it ourselves. Most of the assistances are closed or overwhelmed so bad, there are no available services. It is bad here. Actually all over California. And like I said..we are not alone. It's bad. And sad. At least MrG and I have the van. He is going to sell his truck and get a cargo van. Mine is just not big enough for me, karma and a six foot guy. Hence, cargo van for his bedroom, and we circle the proverbial wagons at night.
We have met many homeless...and no the local hangout for the non druggies and go there whenever we get our SS checks to buy them dollar burgers at Burger King. They were a big help to us when we joined their ranks as "homeless). I think the worst part of this is how we are treated. Like pondscum. Or mentals. Or crackheads. Many in our same boat are like us...paid rent on time, have good credit, but just make enough to pay the awful rents here...and a landlord that boots you out cuz he wants his house back.
One lady we met that also sleeps in her car with her two little poodles, lived in her rental 23 years and BOOM...landlord gave her 60 day notice...and like us, she couldn't find another home. The rent is super high and they want you to pay two months rent as deposit plus normal rent. Adding it all up for a one bedroom..plus turning on all utilities, moving costs, buying furniture...it comes to almost six grand!!!

So needless to say....many of us are in the same proverbial boat. And it's shameful how we treat our own, yet illegals and refugees get more help...not counting money we send to other countries that could go to help US and others like us. Shameful.

AnywY...I have much to share...and I will...eventually. For now, I just don't want to bring anyone down with woes...so...goodnight, thank you, and know I love you guys.

Will check in again when I can.

Hugs

Again I wish we had a place for you Gracie. And we're big boys and girls here and certainly strong enough to be an outlet to vent to. One very serious suggestion: you write well, express yourself in easy to get and very comprehensive form. Do be keeping a journal about all this. I sense a very strong market for a book of your experience.

Just got back from Fort Stanton, long day........ Had fun though, one of the ladies made bread and baked it in the fire in a cast iron dutch oven, came out really good, basically an eighth inch blackened crust (normal when cooked this way), soft and moist on the inside. :thup:

Seems like we scored the neighbors RV for a month or two! It's small, but it is 3 times the length of the van...and we can stand up in it. Big plus!

She wants to sell it but said we can use it for awhile and until both upcoming holidays are over. That means up to January! I think. I don't take anything for granted anymore, so....I will continue to be ready to move on if she says "OK. Need my RV back".

Meanwhile, that damn flu shot I got yesterday made me sick. But it beats having the real flu, eh?

Went browsing and saw someone posting I thought I wound never see again, so taking a quickie minute to say "hey Ropey! Hope all is well with you and I sure have missed you!"

Meanwhile, that damn flu shot I got yesterday made me sick. But it beats having the real flu, eh?

Went browsing and saw someone posting I thought I wound never see again, so taking a quickie minute to say "hey Ropey! Hope all is well with you and I sure have missed you!"

I'm quite fine, thanks Gracie. Sometimes I just need time away from everyone.

Then I come back when I need time away from me. :D

How are you doing?

There is a small town in az...East of Tucson called Pearce. In-laws want to move there and have us join them. But...we have to go before them cuz they don't have the money for the deposit or first month's rent. I am a bit nervous about yhat

Its a very small town there Gracie and long drives to get groceries, or any medical facilities.
Nearest big towns are Sierra Vista then 50 miles more to Tucson.
Its a real small town and nice people.
But if you like city life its very dificult to get used to.

I'm quite fine, thanks Gracie. Sometimes I just need time away from everyone.

Then I come back when I need time away from me. :D

How are you doing?
Taking drugs and almost numb...that's how I am doing at the moment, lol. Told doc yesterday I needed some pain pills cuz I am in major flare-up right now...and bless his heart, he came thru. So at the moment, I am one happy camper...pun intended. Hehehe

Its a very small town there Gracie and long drives to get groceries, or any medical facilities.
Hi hon. Small towns are fine with me. I loathe large cities. However, I thing I am going to start prowling around upper az...flagstaff maybe or thatarea. Maybe even up higher...like in Colorado/cortez/Durango. I think my joints will be happier although my mind will always want the sea. But, wet is wet...so a lake or river will suffice. :)

Hi hon. Small towns are fine with me. I loathe large cities. However, I thing I am going to start prowling around upper az...flagstaff maybe or thatarea. Maybe even up higher...like in Colorado/cortez/Durango. I think my joints will be happier although my mind will always want the sea. But, wet is wet...so a lake or river will suffice. :)

Yes I just thought I would give you an idea of how far eveyone that lives there has to drive to get things.
Especially medical.
We are far from wet.:biggrin:

Seems like we scored the neighbors RV for a month or two! It's small, but it is 3 times the length of the van...and we can stand up in it. Big plus!

She wants to sell it but said we can use it for awhile and until both upcoming holidays are over. That means up to January! I think. I don't take anything for granted anymore, so....I will continue to be ready to move on if she says "OK. Need my RV back".

Bless those neighbors! That is a relief!!

Gracie, I have been thinking about you quite a bit lately....(so has Sherry). I am sending good thoughts your way and have been for a while. :)

Glad you have a place...

Durango has very few rentals if any at all and it's not really cheap. I just checked Trinidad and Walsenburg, both places that had cheap houses and cheap rents. No rentals and the house prices have tripled, I'm pretty sure the pot (marijuana) economy has something to do with it.
Basically if you draw a line from Pueblo CO east to west everything north of that hasn't changed much in the way of availability and prices.

Forum List

Back