USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just know now in my heart...this is the end here. I got 30 years of this place. My remaining years will be somewhere else. Unless a miracle happens...which I doubt.

You don't realize how much you miss when you don't have it any more. Like, a real toilet, a warm shower, TV, a fridge. We haven't had any of those things in over a month. Ice chest, fast food, sponge baths with cold water, and a cell phone. Except tonight. Every Sunday, we get a room at motel 6, do our laundry, shower twice (tonight and again in the morning) a real flushing toilet, and TV! Once a week, heaven to us! Only thing missing is a kitchen.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Still sending positive vibes that your ordeal is over soon in a way that is not just tolerable but pleasant and enjoyable.

Mrg and I have decided to leave calif. Gonna head to az, just not sure where. Benson and Tombstnoe have nice small places within our price range from what I have seen on Zillow and Craigslist. But first, we have to get stuff done here
...teeth checked and cleaned and any fills if cavities found, plus refills on all meds, also clean out the storage and get rid of 90% of what we held on to so it all fits in his truck. Won't need a storage unit then...which saves us money and all we own goes with us in that truck. So, we are planning to do all this by January. His family lives on the rez, but he doesn't want to go there...said he doesn't know them anymore cuz it's been over 40 years since he saw the closest fam members. Unfortunately, this is going to be another scarey adventure for two old folks...in a new state, new territory we no nothing about and not one soul we could rely on to park in their driveway as we hunt for our own home.
This is definitely a whine...cuz this is scarier than hell, but we cannot stay here. I know that now.

Be prepared, Benson and Tombstone are in the middle of the desert, pretty but if your initial reaction was like mine you won't think so. But then again you might be one of those like us that the desert grows on and you come to love. :dunno:
Pretty sure I will hate it...but my body will love it. If I find a quaint small home, I can make it beachy on the inside, tropical in the yard or patio...if I can find succulents that look tropical, lol.

You may also want to consider New Mexico, Truth or Consequences it next to Elephant Butte Lake on the Rio Grande.

10276.jpg

Alamogordo is nestled up against the Sacramento Mountains, 30 minute drive up to Ruidoso or Cloudcroft, mountains, trees, water, etc.

Alamogordo;

alamogordo-nm-mountains91.jpg

Ruidoso;

midtown.jpg

Cloudcroft;

cloudcroft1.jpg

Yeah I suggested T or C earlier because it is a community that seriously caters to retirees and has a lot of subsidized housing

Nothing in our price range in rudosio or T Ruth cons. Nada. Zip. My filters found nothing, but a buttload near, in and around Benson sure did. I sent inquiries to about 8 in the past couple of hours.

Really? I typed in Subsidized housing Truth or Consequences NM and came up with three large HUD complexes all in your price range and at least one or two allows pets.

Things are looking up, Gracie. I feel it. You have a lot of us praying and pulling for you. :smiliehug::smiliehug:

All charged up on the cell, but also just popped a sleeping pill, so I won't be here long.

Gonna find an agent in that general area but continue to look for a temp rental. The move to Banning calif and the stuff we bought there thinking we were going to stay...put a goodly dent in our piddly savings, so a down payment is going to be low...not counting purchasing furniture we no longer have...washer,dryer,fridge,beds,etc...turning on utilities...gonna prob take it all and I don't want to be flat broke doing it. So buying may be out of the equation unless we can find an owner carry. I dunno. Just gonna have to play it by ear. Find a rental first...then check out buying.

Meanwhile, I was outside having a cig and a HUGE owl was no more than ten feet from me, perched on the roof of a motel guests truck. I saved hello and it just stared at me, then flew across the lot and say on the fencing in front of me..a bit closer, and stared some more. I waved again and spoke softly a good night greeting and success of hunting, then it flew away after a bit. I just now looked up owl messenger... It means change is on the horizon. OK. I hope it's a good change.

And with that, I wish you all a good night and happy hunting on whatever you seek, friends. :)

Hugs

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

ar13497991307395.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Imperius,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

ar13497991307395.jpg

Pretty Pretty!

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Imperius,

ar13497991307395.jpg

Pretty Pretty!
Probably Phoenix. The sequaro is a dead giveaway.

BTW Good morning. :thup:

Thanksgiving in four days and I'll be cooking every single one of those days. :)

The ladies Aux. are cooking the pies and cookies today and tomorrow.
Wednesday and Thursday I'm cooking for our turkey day.

The guys will deliver the food baskets of turkeys and all the fixings for our low income families on Wed.
Then the guys will be cooking the turkeys and ham dinners Thursday to serve any and all vets who a good homecooked Thansgiving meal.
Gotta leave in about an hour.
It's really cloudy here today maybe we might get rain.
Love ya all and hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving in four days and I'll be cooking every single one of those days. :)

The ladies Aux. are cooking the pies and cookies today and tomorrow.
Wednesday and Thursday I'm cooking for our turkey day.

The guys will deliver the food baskets of turkeys and all the fixings for our low income families on Wed.
Then the guys will be cooking the turkeys and ham dinners Thursday to serve any and all vets who a good homecooked Thansgiving meal.
Gotta leave in about an hour.
It's really cloudy here today maybe we might get rain.
Love ya all and hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.
I wanna come live in your town, peach.

Good morning all. Beautiful morning in Albuquerque. We are finally having normal fall weather - cold nights followed by mellow coolish days. The only problem is we have a pretty good chance for occasional rain today and tonight and we still don't have our roof fixed from the hail storm--a leak in the great room and in the garage. Roofer can't get here to do the repairs until the week after Thanksgiving. But we'll deal with it.

Kudos to Peach and the Thanksgiving basket program. Albuquerque is too large for such one on one attention to the needy but the Salvation Army and others do a good job of handling it so we give extra cash. Cooking would be more fun and satisfying.

But looking ahead and planning for our family Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. Huge Butterball turkey, courtesy of my aunt who wanted to buy it but didn't want to cook it, defrosting in the fridge. Others will bring fill in side dishes and it will be fun. And it gives me an excuse to get up and get some housework done too. :)

Forum List

Back