USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm exausted but we had lots of fun today.
We have many pies this year. We have some new vets that have joined over the last 5 years and the ladies made blueberry and cherry pies.
Now we have pumkin,apple,sugar free pumpkin.5 types.
Tomorrow is cookies whew!
The kids love our turkey shaped surgar cookies with iceing.
Looking at a home in Pearce...on kit Carson road. Only 30k, but we have to see if a lender will finance it. Meanwhile, we put an offer in of 25k, owner carry with 4k down. On two acres, private well.
Don't know what will happen next, but it was worth a try.

No turkey day for us here. We might find a cafe and grab a dinner, though.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Thanksgiving in four days and I'll be cooking every single one of those days. :)

The ladies Aux. are cooking the pies and cookies today and tomorrow.
Wednesday and Thursday I'm cooking for our turkey day.

The guys will deliver the food baskets of turkeys and all the fixings for our low income families on Wed.
Then the guys will be cooking the turkeys and ham dinners Thursday to serve any and all vets who a good homecooked Thansgiving meal.
Gotta leave in about an hour.
It's really cloudy here today maybe we might get rain.
Love ya all and hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.
I wanna come live in your town, peach.

Yes if you were homeless down here people would have helped you.
None of us would have let any senior citizens live in a van.
We work together as a community.
Are you in benson? Maybe if we find a place there, I can treat you to lunch!

Follow up appointment was today. x rays confirmed pneumonia along with left side ribs number 10 & 11 broken.

They gave me another antibiotic shot in the other cheek today. Word must be getting around the office about my nice butt.
What the hell did you do to get some broken ribs? Dang, dude! You gotta watch out for that pnuemonia. Mrg had it along with sepsis and it almost killed him.
You keep in touch with your doc, mister!
There are sequaro outside of Tucson also.
Could be either Phonix or Tucson. :)

Cool
My cousin and family live in Tucson, and have for years.

Thanksgiving in four days and I'll be cooking every single one of those days. :)

The ladies Aux. are cooking the pies and cookies today and tomorrow.
Wednesday and Thursday I'm cooking for our turkey day.

The guys will deliver the food baskets of turkeys and all the fixings for our low income families on Wed.
Then the guys will be cooking the turkeys and ham dinners Thursday to serve any and all vets who a good homecooked Thansgiving meal.
Gotta leave in about an hour.
It's really cloudy here today maybe we might get rain.
Love ya all and hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.
I wanna come live in your town, peach.

Yes if you were homeless down here people would have helped you.
None of us would have let any senior citizens live in a van.
We work together as a community.
Are you in benson? Maybe if we find a place there, I can treat you to lunch!

I live outside of Benson.
We can most certainly meet for lunch. ;)

Cool

I don't like it:)
They drive crazy there.
I liked it when I lived there in the 70's before it grew into the monster spreadout that it is now.
The foothills was a beautiful view, now its all expensive houses.
I've seen way too much crazy driving but there's no possible way it could even hope to compete in craziness with the DC Metro are........

Last I checked for housing in Tucson (last week) boat loads of foreclosures and home prices were not bad at all.

I agree with that. Not only DC drivers drive like bats out of hell, but they make u-turns anytime it occurs to them. Apparently it is legal there. The other place I just won't drive is the DFW metro area and I'm white knuckle there when Hombre is driving.

Cool

They drive crazy there.
I liked it when I lived there in the 70's before it grew into the monster spreadout that it is now.
I've seen way too much crazy driving but there's no possible way it could even hope to compete in craziness with the DC Metro are........

Last I checked for housing in Tucson (last week) boat loads of foreclosures and home prices were not bad at all.

I agree with that. Not only DC drivers drive like bats out of hell, but they make u-turns anytime it occurs to them. Apparently it is legal there. The other place I just won't drive is the DFW metro area and I'm white knuckle there when Hombre is driving.

That sounds like Phoenix. :)

What the hell did you do to get some broken ribs? Dang, dude! You gotta watch out for that pnuemonia. Mrg had it along with sepsis and it almost killed him.
You keep in touch with your doc, mister!

Meh, I have had several things try to kill me. Not sure if the ribs hurt more or less than you not commenting on the nice butt. :)

I tried to read as much as I missed here, but cell battery is really low, so I have to go. I did read the kind offers and thank you guys very much for the thought. I wish I could tell you all that has transpired, but it would be a novel. However y'all need to know that many are experiencing what we are. Seniors without homes, waiting lists five years long, old people in walkers given blankets but no roof. I had no clue the system was so broken until we began to experience it ourselves. Most of the assistances are closed or overwhelmed so bad, there are no available services. It is bad here. Actually all over California. And like I said..we are not alone. It's bad. And sad. At least MrG and I have the van. He is going to sell his truck and get a cargo van. Mine is just not big enough for me, karma and a six foot guy. Hence, cargo van for his bedroom, and we circle the proverbial wagons at night.
We have met many homeless...and no the local hangout for the non druggies and go there whenever we get our SS checks to buy them dollar burgers at Burger King. They were a big help to us when we joined their ranks as "homeless). I think the worst part of this is how we are treated. Like pondscum. Or mentals. Or crackheads. Many in our same boat are like us...paid rent on time, have good credit, but just make enough to pay the awful rents here...and a landlord that boots you out cuz he wants his house back.
One lady we met that also sleeps in her car with her two little poodles, lived in her rental 23 years and BOOM...landlord gave her 60 day notice...and like us, she couldn't find another home. The rent is super high and they want you to pay two months rent as deposit plus normal rent. Adding it all up for a one bedroom..plus turning on all utilities, moving costs, buying furniture...it comes to almost six grand!!!

So needless to say....many of us are in the same proverbial boat. And it's shameful how we treat our own, yet illegals and refugees get more help...not counting money we send to other countries that could go to help US and others like us. Shameful.

AnywY...I have much to share...and I will...eventually. For now, I just don't want to bring anyone down with woes...so...goodnight, thank you, and know I love you guys.

Will check in again when I can.

Hugs

How are you guys set for Thanksgiving, Gracie? I'll be taking a boatload of canned and dry goods to a couple of local charities and donating them in your name. I can hope that someone where you are does the same and at least you and Mr. Gracie can find a good, solid meal. I know you have little to be thankful for, but do try to stay focused on the positive: you still have each other and your little fur-fam. Stay warm, Lee.

There is a small town in az...East of Tucson called Pearce. In-laws want to move there and have us join them. But...we have to go before them cuz they don't have the money for the deposit or first month's rent. I am a bit nervous about yhat

Its a very small town there Gracie and long drives to get groceries, or any medical facilities.
Nearest big towns are Sierra Vista then 50 miles more to Tucson.
Its a real small town and nice people.
But if you like city life its very dificult to get used to.
Last time I was in Sierra Vista, it had grown quite bit, not so small anymore.

We have many pies this year. We have some new vets that have joined over the last 5 years and the ladies made blueberry and cherry pies.
Looking at a home in Pearce...on kit Carson road. Only 30k, but we have to see if a lender will finance it. Meanwhile, we put an offer in of 25k, owner carry with 4k down. On two acres, private well.

If you have access to a Boston Market they have chicken dinners for the holidays.

Cool

They drive crazy there.

The driving trend in Colorado Springs is to simply pull out in traffic and hope the oncoming cars with the right of way are able to stop............ or swerve........

Mrg and I have decided to leave calif. Gonna head to az, just not sure where. Benson and Tombstnoe have nice small places within our price range from what I have seen on Zillow and Craigslist. But first, we have to get stuff done here
...teeth checked and cleaned and any fills if cavities found, plus refills on all meds, also clean out the storage and get rid of 90% of what we held on to so it all fits in his truck. Won't need a storage unit then...which saves us money and all we own goes with us in that truck. So, we are planning to do all this by January. His family lives on the rez, but he doesn't want to go there...said he doesn't know them anymore cuz it's been over 40 years since he saw the closest fam members. Unfortunately, this is going to be another scarey adventure for two old folks...in a new state, new territory we no nothing about and not one soul we could rely on to park in their driveway as we hunt for our own home.
This is definitely a whine...cuz this is scarier than hell, but we cannot stay here. I know that now.

Be prepared, Benson and Tombstone are in the middle of the desert, pretty but if your initial reaction was like mine you won't think so. But then again you might be one of those like us that the desert grows on and you come to love. :dunno:
Pretty sure I will hate it...but my body will love it. If I find a quaint small home, I can make it beachy on the inside, tropical in the yard or patio...if I can find succulents that look tropical, lol.

It's actually not bad, but it will be different.

15107454_1245909998809548_1014586962506582904_n.jpg

All charged up on the cell, but also just popped a sleeping pill, so I won't be here long.

Gonna find an agent in that general area but continue to look for a temp rental. The move to Banning calif and the stuff we bought there thinking we were going to stay...put a goodly dent in our piddly savings, so a down payment is going to be low...not counting purchasing furniture we no longer have...washer,dryer,fridge,beds,etc...turning on utilities...gonna prob take it all and I don't want to be flat broke doing it. So buying may be out of the equation unless we can find an owner carry. I dunno. Just gonna have to play it by ear. Find a rental first...then check out buying.

Meanwhile, I was outside having a cig and a HUGE owl was no more than ten feet from me, perched on the roof of a motel guests truck. I saved hello and it just stared at me, then flew across the lot and say on the fencing in front of me..a bit closer, and stared some more. I waved again and spoke softly a good night greeting and success of hunting, then it flew away after a bit. I just now looked up owl messenger... It means change is on the horizon. OK. I hope it's a good change.

And with that, I wish you all a good night and happy hunting on whatever you seek, friends. :)

Hugs

Good night, hugs, and all the most bestest wishes and hopes I can send your way, Gracie. AZ isn't bad at all, I've lived there myself and enjoyed it.

Cool

They drive crazy there.

That sounds like Phoenix. :)

No, believe me. I've driven in Phoenix quite a bit and it does not compare at all with the craziness of the DFW area or Washington DC.

All charged up on the cell, but also just popped a sleeping pill, so I won't be here long.

Gonna find an agent in that general area but continue to look for a temp rental. The move to Banning calif and the stuff we bought there thinking we were going to stay...put a goodly dent in our piddly savings, so a down payment is going to be low...not counting purchasing furniture we no longer have...washer,dryer,fridge,beds,etc...turning on utilities...gonna prob take it all and I don't want to be flat broke doing it. So buying may be out of the equation unless we can find an owner carry. I dunno. Just gonna have to play it by ear. Find a rental first...then check out buying.

Meanwhile, I was outside having a cig and a HUGE owl was no more than ten feet from me, perched on the roof of a motel guests truck. I saved hello and it just stared at me, then flew across the lot and say on the fencing in front of me..a bit closer, and stared some more. I waved again and spoke softly a good night greeting and success of hunting, then it flew away after a bit. I just now looked up owl messenger... It means change is on the horizon. OK. I hope it's a good change.

And with that, I wish you all a good night and happy hunting on whatever you seek, friends. :)

Hugs

Good night, hugs, and all the most bestest wishes and hopes I can send your way, Gracie. AZ isn't bad at all, I've lived there myself and enjoyed it.
I've been surfing Zillow....Colorado and Arizona both. Tomorrow, mrg back to his doc for his knee...and when he gets back, he can stay here in the RV with karma while I head to the library and do more searching via a PC instead of this cell phone,lol.

You might want to be careful of the private well. They are wonderful if you have good water and they work. But if they have to pull the pump, it is a significant major expense. Of course up on the mountain we had a DEEP artesian well and that was a lot of pipe to pull. Not so bad if the water table is more shallow but it is still expensive.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

This one is labeled Tucson AZ

tucson2.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

This one is labeled Tucson AZ

tucson2.jpg

Loving these pics foxy..

Hugs

I've been surfing Zillow....Colorado and Arizona both. Tomorrow, mrg back to his doc for his knee...and when he gets back, he can stay here in the RV with karma while I head to the library and do more searching via a PC instead of this cell phone,lol.

Good luck. It's probably much more likely that you will find something more affordable in just about any other state besides California. :D

Forum List

Back