USMB Coffee Shop IV

Thanksgiving in four days and I'll be cooking every single one of those days. :)

The ladies Aux. are cooking the pies and cookies today and tomorrow.
Wednesday and Thursday I'm cooking for our turkey day.

The guys will deliver the food baskets of turkeys and all the fixings for our low income families on Wed.
Then the guys will be cooking the turkeys and ham dinners Thursday to serve any and all vets who a good homecooked Thansgiving meal.
Gotta leave in about an hour.
It's really cloudy here today maybe we might get rain.
Love ya all and hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.
I wanna come live in your town, peach.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Its a beautiful little town, the citizens take good care of our retried citizens.
4 whole stop lights. :) were pretty proud of that we used to have only 2 :)
Our young men are gentalmen and open the doors for ladies.
If you want water around you with big trees (rare in the desert), try finding a place in St. David.
Its our only oasis here.
Benson is very close.

Morning!
Correction!
We have 3 stop lights not four :lol:
I keep thinking there is a light down west under the rail road bridge.:redface: Somebody told me.
I don't usually go to the west end of town but hubby does and says nope. :lmao:

Thanksgiving in four days and I'll be cooking every single one of those days. :)

The guys will deliver the food baskets of turkeys and all the fixings for our low income families on Wed.
Then the guys will be cooking the turkeys and ham dinners Thursday to serve any and all vets who a good homecooked Thansgiving meal.

Its a beautiful little town, the citizens take good care of our retried citizens.
If you want water around you with big trees (rare in the desert), try finding a place in St. David.
Its our only oasis here.
Benson is very close.

Morning!
Correction!
We have 3 stop lights not four :lol:
I keep thinking there is a light down west under the rail road bridge.:redface: Somebody told me.

It's good to know where the stoplights are. And now if anybody should ask me how many stoplights are in Benson AZ, I can tell them. :) In Albuquerque, however, I am pretty sure there isn't a single soul who could state unequivocably how many stoplights there are. Oh they could count them, but I bet nobody ever has.

For some reason it's important to small towns. :lol:

Well gotta go , today is cookie baking and icing decorating today.
Talk to you all later this evening.
Chow!

Last edited:
For some reason it's important to small towns. [emoji38]
Well gotta go , today is cookie baking and icing decorating today.
Talk to you all later this evening.
Chow!
I just put an ad in Craigslist in Tucson area and got a wonderful call from a really sweet lady from Hawaii that is living in Tucson. My ad says I am looking for a room to rent for two seniors and it's just a temporary thing until we can find our own place. This lady just called me and said that she moved from Honolulu and has a room for us whenever we get out there so we have a place to stay while we look. I think we are going to take her up on her offer for $400 a month on a basis of month to month or even longer as she said it didn't matter to her how long we stayed but we had to be out there in order to find our own place if she is more than willing to help us.

Its our only oasis here.
Benson is very close.

Morning!
Correction!
We have 3 stop lights not four[emoji38]I keep thinking there is a light down west under the rail road bridge.:redface: Somebody told me.

Its our only oasis here.
Benson is very close.

Morning!
Correction!
We have 3 stop lights not four[emoji38]I keep thinking there is a light down west under the rail road bridge.:redface: Somebody told me.

It's good to know where the stoplights are. And now if anybody should ask me how many stoplights are in Benson AZ, I can tell them. :) In Albuquerque, however, I am pretty sure there isn't a single soul who could state unequivocably how many stoplights there are. Oh they could count them, but I bet nobody ever has.

Typo. Not if she is willing to help us but is willing to help us. I am getting a little bit excited about this idea. There is a mobile home on 20 acres in Pearce Arizona that is only 600 per month and we need to get out there to look at it because the broker is willing to hold it for us with a deposit of $900. I would like to do this but it's kind of scary to send $900 to a complete stranger even though he is a broker. Living with this lady will give us a chance to look around even more and be face-to-face with a person we are handing money to.

Well, here it is. Thanksgiving week! Thursday I hope each and every one of us had to loosen our belts and perhaps take a little nap early in the evening after gorging on all the Thanksgiving bill of fare. I hope that each and every one of us takes time to, as one church kiosk proclaimed, "Think Thank Thoughts". I hope that each and every one of us will either take glee in Black Friday retail mayhem, or avoid it altogether as we thumb through on-line shopping sites while wearing our pajamas and sipping on a cup of hot coffee or chocolate.

As for me, I plan to sleep in until 9:30 Thanksgiving morning. I will prepare the ham and the whole kernel corn side dish. I will take Daisy the Mutt for a pre-meal walk then go to my brother's home for the feast.

Friday I will go to my oldest, dearest friend's home and play Parker Brothers game of world domination~ RISK as we have for thirty years or more.

All in all, I hope each and every one of us has a grand and thankful weekend ahead!

We just got invited to Thanksgiving dinner from the folks letting us stay in the RV! Yay! We will not be alone after all. Mrg and I have felt so....homeless, alone, sad. This made my day. They also said we continue sleeping in the RV until we head to AZ. Another thing to be thankful for :)

All charged up on the cell, but also just popped a sleeping pill, so I won't be here long.

Gonna find an agent in that general area but continue to look for a temp rental. The move to Banning calif and the stuff we bought there thinking we were going to stay...put a goodly dent in our piddly savings, so a down payment is going to be low...not counting purchasing furniture we no longer have...washer,dryer,fridge,beds,etc...turning on utilities...gonna prob take it all and I don't want to be flat broke doing it. So buying may be out of the equation unless we can find an owner carry. I dunno. Just gonna have to play it by ear. Find a rental first...then check out buying.

Meanwhile, I was outside having a cig and a HUGE owl was no more than ten feet from me, perched on the roof of a motel guests truck. I saved hello and it just stared at me, then flew across the lot and say on the fencing in front of me..a bit closer, and stared some more. I waved again and spoke softly a good night greeting and success of hunting, then it flew away after a bit. I just now looked up owl messenger... It means change is on the horizon. OK. I hope it's a good change.

And with that, I wish you all a good night and happy hunting on whatever you seek, friends. :)

Hugs

Good night, hugs, and all the most bestest wishes and hopes I can send your way, Gracie. AZ isn't bad at all, I've lived there myself and enjoyed it.
I've been surfing Zillow....Colorado and Arizona both. Tomorrow, mrg back to his doc for his knee...and when he gets back, he can stay here in the RV with karma while I head to the library and do more searching via a PC instead of this cell phone,lol.

Not meaning to discourage you about AK, but AZ is probably much more climate friendly for you an Mr G. I liked Sierra Vista and Benson, but the larger cities, not so much. But the summer heat was hellish for me. Like a lizard, I ventured out mostly in the evenings, nights, and early mornings when the temps weren't so high. I also liked the Lake Roberts/Continental Divide parts of NM. Silver City was OK, too, but a bit over-priced compared to other parts of south central NM. Good luck to you both (all three) and know that you have a standing invite to share our place up here.

Well, here it is. Thanksgiving week! Thursday I hope each and every one of us had to loosen our belts and perhaps take a little nap early in the evening after gorging on all the Thanksgiving bill of fare. I hope that each and every one of us takes time to, as one church kiosk proclaimed, "Think Thank Thoughts". I hope that each and every one of us will either take glee in Black Friday retail mayhem, or avoid it altogether as we thumb through on-line shopping sites while wearing our pajamas and sipping on a cup of hot coffee or chocolate.

As for me, I plan to sleep in until 9:30 Thanksgiving morning. I will prepare the ham and the whole kernel corn side dish. I will take Daisy the Mutt for a pre-meal walk then go to my brother's home for the feast.

Friday I will go to my oldest, dearest friend's home and play Parker Brothers game of world domination~ RISK as we have for thirty years or more.

All in all, I hope each and every one of us has a grand and thankful weekend ahead!

Planning on it. I was tickled by your plans to play "Risk". Our son and his closest friends developed a tradition of a marathon "Risk" game every New Years because nobody travels on New Years and everybody was home. They did that until they were all well into college and starting to get married.

Whew! Thanksgiving week...two more weeks until finals and then some freedom from the podium. I think this coming semester will be my last teaching. After I move out to Willow permanently, I won't want to commute two hours, one way, to teach three hours. Plus, there's so very much to do out here. The partner is busily clearing trees away from the house and outbuildings and my job is to cut them into firewood, move them to the splitter, and then stack the wood. Partner's not able to do heavy lifting yet, so all that "hard" stuff falls to me. This is the first winter either of us has spent any significant time on the place and it's pretty clear that we'll need loads more firewood than we've put up so far. The rule of thumb is to cut and stack enough firewood to fill the house, and that should be enough to last the winter.
I'm overbooked for Thanksgiving. My buddy with whom I usually share Sunday dinner is hosting T-giving this year. Usually, he and his GF go to relatives' places elsewhere. So, I will be fed there at around 2 pm. Then, the friends with whom I usually share holidays are expecting me some time after 4 pm. Then I'll grab a nap at the partner's place in town and go to work. At least I don't have to beg invites for the partner because he's staying in Willow all week. Seriously, I would rather just follow my normal routine. Disruption of that routine is getting more stressful for me all the time.
I'm so glad that Gracie and family appear to be finding some resolution for their dilemma. I do hope this move goes well for them and brings them peace and rest.

Gosh... I'd love to live in a town that had three stop lights. Our little town only has 1 stop light.

We once lived in a small town in the north Texas Panhandle--smallest place that we have ever lived--that had no traffic lights. But unlike you guys who pride yourselves on your traffic lights, I thought we were going to have WWIII when the city council voted to put one in where Main Street cross the main east /west highway. We were back there visiting friends last summer and I saw they had added a second light. You just can't always block progress. :)

I wish I was not so afraid of the cold in Alaska, he. I would be heading there in a heartbeat. We could be of so much help...joints permitting. But I could be cook, bottle washer, goat feeder, lol. And who knows....it may still happen. Km Look how LA turned out. We lasted a month. Might be the same in AZ and if it is....fuck it. Cold weather and goats...her3 we come!

I miss my desktop and typing with two hands. Then again , I miss a lot of stuff.

I don't even own a cell phone, so in your situation I'd probably never post here at all. At least we can still hear from you this way, even if we occasionally have to translate! :D

I have a phone that I can use to make and receive calls and I do pay $5/month for unlimited texting. But I don't pay for data so when I went on line with my phone to get the phone number for Pizza Hut the other day, I was charged $1.99 just for that one search. I won't be doing that any more.

Forum List

Back