USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

Gotta get dressed here soon and make a quick run to Albertsons, forgot to pick up taters. Was going to go to Wally world last night then the wife told me it would be a bad idea...... Early Black Friday sales started yesterday.......

My wife and MiL went to Walmart last night on purpose! :cuckoo:

I even had a hard time trying to shop Walmart online, I can't imagine how terrible it would have been to actually be in a store. :p
Here in France the stores are very full for christmas time on the Décember 24 the store are still open but there no way of getting a parking we don't have Walmart in France....the store here are call Leclerc and we have others stores but the most famous is Leclerc for all kind of thing :)

I don't know if I ever mentioned it or not, but strawberry rhubarb is my kryptonite. I had it for the first time about 5 years ago, and it's the only thing I ever request anymore when people ask wheat they should bring over for a feast. I've eaten nothing but strawberry rhubarb pie today. I am satisfied with my care. lol

Quickest, simplest remedy: Control, alt, delete simultaneously will get you out of it on earlier Windows system. On Win !0 it takes you to a menu screen - select Task Manager and when it comes up, close whatever browser you are using--IE or Chrome or whatever--and the threat goes away.

Great tips Foxfyre... My suggestion though is said putor is to be placed on the front porch and let Global Warming kill it...

I am paying $60 a month for unlimited everything through Metro PCS.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Yeah that's roughly what Verizon charges too for one phone. But with the bare bones plan we have, Hombre and I both run our phones for about $50/month. If I need to access the internet when we are away from home, I can use my Kindle Fire or if we're going overnight somewhere, I take along a laptop.
Damn, I think our cell phones are close to $300 a month.

Yes, but you probably have smartphones and plans that make the most of them. We really just wanted to make and receive calls and text once in awhile Verizon has been good to tailor simple plans like ours for people like us.
I think Ollie is at another board.
is 007 still around?

He is. He stops in every now and then, sort of like you and Olie do, but isn't really active right now.
I think Ollie is at another site.

Yeah that's roughly what Verizon charges too for one phone. But with the bare bones plan we have, Hombre and I both run our phones for about $50/month. If I need to access the internet when we are away from home, I can use my Kindle Fire or if we're going overnight somewhere, I take along a laptop.

Yes, but you probably have smartphones and plans that make the most of them. We really just wanted to make and receive calls and text once in awhile Verizon has been good to tailor simple plans like ours for people like us.
we have stuff only our kids know how to use lol

I'm kinda all down in the dumps again. Maybe I am bi polar.
Four months ago....I was sitting in my garden..surrounded with the things I loved. Now everything is gone, one dog is dead and I call a borrowed RV my home when not calling my van home. Such a short space of time for so much to happen. I should be prepping for the holiday...feeding the menagerie of birds and critters that called my garden THEIR home...and I'm not. I am in a small RV, on a cell phone, wondering what's going to happen next.

I snuck over to the house last night, just to see familiar surroundings in the garden. I shouldn't have done that. It's all gone. The bird feeders, the sheds, the Hummer feeders, most of the trees. It's all been butchered to nothingness. Thirteen years (this week) of my life erased. To be honest it made me cry.

I guess today's dumping more of parts of me combined with the shock of last night hit me all at once.

What is left? What is even worth of tomorrow? I have been erased.

My heart cries for you, Gracie. Hugs!

As y'all can see, I can't sleep. Over my funk after yet another good cry. My big girl panties skipped down today, but I got them pulled back up after I had my whine. I honestly don't know how I am dealing with this, but obviously it's a hit and miss thing, plus I feel bad being a bummer to everyone when I do come here and whine. I don't want to bring everyone down but I guess the old saying of misery wants company is true. :(

Sweetie, you could never be a bummer here. We're all "family", and a fairly well-adjusted one, at that. I suppose many of us are frustrated that we cannot help more.

As y'all can see, I can't sleep. Over my funk after yet another good cry. My big girl panties skipped down today, but I got them pulled back up after I had my whine. I honestly don't know how I am dealing with this, but obviously it's a hit and miss thing, plus I feel bad being a bummer to everyone when I do come here and whine. I don't want to bring everyone down but I guess the old saying of misery wants company is true. :(

Sweetie, you could never be a bummer here. We're all "family", and a fairly well-adjusted one, at that. I suppose many of us are frustrated that we cannot help more.
I am a bummer again today. We just got news that we do not qualify for a loan to buy an El cheapo house. The only way we could buy is to find a seller carry...and those are hard to find since most want half down..which we don't have. And finding a rental is proving just as difficult. I had high hopes on finding something in AZ, but every time I doubt get too excited because the forces seem to be against us.

Sometimes I wonder if someone put a curse on me.

Reading how y'all celebrated T-day is neat.
As previously mentioned, I had two engagements. I took Penelope to both. She's coming out of he shell and displaying a most endearing personality. The first party included four large dogs. Once ensconced on the sofa so she was eye-to-eye with them, she was perfectly at home. The second party include two Shi-tzus with whom Penny was comfortable. I am so happy to see her opening up.
Other than that, lots of people were pushing food on me like crack pushers selling their best cut goods.

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. WQ and I had a wonderful time with the family at my Mom's house. My lunch today was yummy leftovers.:thup:

macaroni-and-cheese.jpg

31e0845719900f3e2efed40d82715120.jpg

Hory sheet! Did you take those pics yourself? That;s incredibre! :eek:

Sherry could have. But she is our most adept and talented Coffee Shop member at searching for and finding just the right photo to make or illustrate a point. :)

Black Friday... Wonder how many people will wake up in the morning after being at the mall all day with a bad case of shopper's remorse and wish they never had a credit card?

I am a bummer again today. We just got news that we do not qualify for a loan to buy an El cheapo house. The only way we could buy is to find a seller carry...and those are hard to find since most want half down..which we don't have. And finding a rental is proving just as difficult. I had high hopes on finding something in AZ, but every time I doubt get too excited because the forces seem to be against us.

Sometimes I wonder if someone put a curse on me.

Hang in there Gracie, I'm still collecting information.
The rent in Benson at the lower end for really nice places, you know not dumps, but really nice - range from 589.00 to 435.00 a month. Still cheaper than Tucson than you are looking at for 600.00
HUD - still looking into that but one bedroom apts start at 130.00 a month. The Apt. complex is just a few years old and they look really nice.
Hubby was suppose to go there and see if any are avaible, but he forgot.
He's going there Mon. or Tue.

I don't know if I ever mentioned it or not, but strawberry rhubarb is my kryptonite. I had it for the first time about 5 years ago, and it's the only thing I ever request anymore when people ask wheat they should bring over for a feast. I've eaten nothing but strawberry rhubarb pie today. I am satisfied with my care. lol

I'd go with pumpkin probably, but a day of pie is a happy day. :D

And so it's Black Friday! Without leaving the Luxurois Pimplebutt Estate or changing out of my sweatpants and T-shirt, I've all but finished my Christmas shopping! Only my sister-in-law remains unschooled for. But I did buy her a t-shirt commemorating one of her favorite television shows, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

We're pretty much done too, and we shopped the same way Nosmo. I'll do a bit today to see what Black Friday specials are on line and again Monday that will be 'Cyber Monday' as I have a few more things to get but we're pretty well done. We already have our son & family's stuff wrapped and boxed for them to take home to Texas tomorrow. None of us NEED anything any more and we've all agreed that it is silly just buying stuff that nobody needs and will just put away until they forget why they have it and throw it or give it away to somebody else. We'll have our daughter's gift(s) shipped directly to her in California unless she decides to come here for Christmas.

Shipping is sometimes more expensive now than the stuff we ship.

But these days we do try to choose simple and not costly gifts that have special meaning or significance and that won't be a burden on those who receive them.

I had planned to start my Christmas shopping on Thanksgiving, but as I believe I mentioned, the thing I wanted was already sold out right after the sale started. Well, I went ahead and did my shopping today. First, apparently Walmart doesn't like my employer's debit card. Three times I tried to order items from them, three times I got a cancellation email moments after getting an order confirmation email. Oh well, no Walmart for me. It is annoying because I had a few things planned out to buy from there, but I am good at wasting lots of time trying to shop. :p I ended up finding a couple of decent deals from other places, so it worked out well enough in the end. I also got a TV for almost the same price as the one I had been eyeing from Walmart, as well as finding a pretty good deal on a new monitor for my main PC (the one I'm using now is acting funky and I'm worried it could give up the ghost at any time).

I bought things from five different places, using money I got for my birthday. That's my usual plan, since my bday is in October it is late enough to do Christmas shopping, and I always get at least a bit of money for my bday. I try to set a number I'm wanting to spend and then work to get my purchases to equal that predetermined amount. My employer finds it silly, but I was pretty proud of myself for getting within 2 cents of my dollar number today. That's after all taxes and shipping costs are taken into account, I went 2 cents over how much I had decided to spend. :)

Here's to being frugal! :beer:

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

Gotta get dressed here soon and make a quick run to Albertsons, forgot to pick up taters. Was going to go to Wally world last night then the wife told me it would be a bad idea...... Early Black Friday sales started yesterday.......

My wife and MiL went to Walmart last night on purpose! :cuckoo:

I even had a hard time trying to shop Walmart online, I can't imagine how terrible it would have been to actually be in a store. :p
Here in France the stores are very full for christmas time on the Décember 24 the store are still open but there no way of getting a parking we don't have Walmart in France....the store here are call Leclerc and we have others stores but the most famous is Leclerc for all kind of thing :)

No Walmart? I thought they had their claws in everywhere. :lol:

Hello, first time i come here...tonight i am listening to Roy Orbison i adore that music, merci. my mother like that singer so it remind me of her. she is a wonderful women.

Dalia, so happy you dropped in. I am a HUGE Roy Orbison fan and happy to have a kindred spirit here in that regard. I see you are in France. Are you French?

I think Ollie is at another board.
is 007 still around?

He is. He stops in every now and then, sort of like you and Olie do, but isn't really active right now.
I think Ollie is at another site.

Yes he is. I am at the same site though I do a lot of my serious debating at yet another; however USMB and especially the Coffee Shop remains my official board home, Ollie does drop in here just to say hi every now and then though.

Hello, first time i come here...tonight i am listening to Roy Orbison i adore that music, merci. my mother like that singer so it remind me of her. she is a wonderful women.

Hi Dalia and so happy you found us and joined in. I am an all time avid Roy Orbison fan so we are kindred spirits in that regard. I see you are in Paris. Are you French or just living there? We are becoming sort of an international Coffee Shop lately and that really makes it fun.

First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage. (Actually they all are but we like to welcome new friends with something special): The drinks are lethal or benign as you prefer. ::)

French_Martini.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

november-night.jpg

Forum List

Back