USMB Coffee Shop IV

thanksgiving-memes-9.jpg

Got back in one piece, not much traffic on the road but the store was busier than I expected a lot of people picking up stuff they forgot. There were about twelve potatoes left in the whole store, I only need three so that worked out fine. :thup:

Got back in one piece, not much traffic on the road but the store was busier than I expected a lot of people picking up stuff they forgot. There were about twelve potatoes left in the whole store, I only need three so that worked out fine. :thup:

It was a yam/sweet potato shortage here that tripped us up. Finally found some at our last stop yesterday.

It was a yam/sweet potato shortage here that tripped us up. Finally found some at our last stop yesterday.
I could have sent you ten semi trailer fulls from down here. I eat maybe two sweet potatoes a year, the wife eats none.

My employer brought me some leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin cake for my Thanksgiving dinner before she left to visit relatives for a few days. I'm hoping the cake is as yummy as pumpkin pie.

The ham was delectable, the cabbage was awesome and the smashed taters couldn't have been better...... Well they could have been better for me (whipped) but the wife like lumps in her smashed taters.
The pumpkin pie was pretty good, it would have been wonderful If I'd cut out 3/4s cup of sweetener as opposed to only cutting out 1/2 cup from what was called for in the recipe. Forgot how sweet the canned whipped creams are.

The ham was delectable, the cabbage was awesome and the smashed taters couldn't have been better...... Well they could have been better for me (whipped) but the wife like lumps in her smashed taters.
The pumpkin pie was pretty good, it would have been wonderful If I'd cut out 3/4s cup of sweetener as opposed to only cutting out 1/2 cup from what was called for in the recipe. Forgot how sweet the canned whipped creams are.

I'd probably prefer it with more than the recommended amount of sweetener. :p

This has been a strange but beautiful day. I was at my lowest low yesterday, but this morning? Signs everywhere.

First one was something I have never seen in my 30 years here, and I think it was just for me. I got out of the RV to stretch and let karma pee...and what is standing behind the RV, in the street? A doe and two large fawns. Just standing there, looking magnificent. I said in shock " oh!! Hello, happy Thanksgiving" and the sttod there another 10 seconds, then turned and looked across the street, jumped the lady's fence and bounded out of view. It was amazing!

Then, Mrg and I took karma to the beach and so many folks were there with their kids and lots of dogs playing in the water (it's 70 degrees today) and karma went swimming with two other black labs...something she never does. We left after awhile and Antonio, Mrg's friend, drove up carrying a huge plate of homemade tomales to give us. So yummy! We didn't think he even knew where we were staying and he said he didn't.. He just took a chance of doing a driveby.

Then, as I sat outside having a cig and it's all quiet...dragonflies began to swarm around me. Again, I was amazing, surprised, awed.

Mrg took a nap and while he did, I went to the market and this lovely, very old lady dressed to the max walked up to me, laid her hand on my arm and said "you have such beautiful hair. All silver on one side, dark on the other. What a blessing, yes? And something to be thankful for since so many women pay to have what you received naturally". Again...another surprise.

So, today has given me many messages. Today, I am thankful.

:)

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I'd probably prefer it with more than the recommended amount of sweetener. :p
Instant diabetes........ :eusa_whistle:

You know you've acclimated to the desert southwest when the evening temp in the house drops to 70 degrees and you want to turn the heat on......... :doubt:

It has been a pleasant day of good food, football, and yes, thanksgiving. We'll probably skip the black Friday craziness tomorrow. Our son and family want to go to the Natural History Museum. I may accompany or just stay home with Hombre and enjoy the granddogs. Hope all of you have a least one good memory of the day.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

autumn-evening-park-romantic-falling.jpg

It has been a pleasant day of good food, football, and yes, thanksgiving. We'll probably skip the black Friday craziness tomorrow. Our son and family want to go to the Natural History Museum. I may accompany or just stay home with Hombre and enjoy the granddogs. Hope all of you have a least one good memory of the day.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

autumn-evening-park-romantic-falling.jpg

Another winner!

Forum List

Back