USMB Coffee Shop IV

As y'all can see, I can't sleep. Over my funk after yet another good cry. My big girl panties skipped down today, but I got them pulled back up after I had my whine. I honestly don't know how I am dealing with this, but obviously it's a hit and miss thing, plus I feel bad being a bummer to everyone when I do come here and whine. I don't want to bring everyone down but I guess the old saying of misery wants company is true. :(

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

As y'all can see, I can't sleep. Over my funk after yet another good cry. My big girl panties skipped down today, but I got them pulled back up after I had my whine. I honestly don't know how I am dealing with this, but obviously it's a hit and miss thing, plus I feel bad being a bummer to everyone when I do come here and whine. I don't want to bring everyone down but I guess the old saying of misery wants company is true. :(

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

It's fine Gracie, you are starting the healing process, a very normal and healthy thing to do.
Closing one chaper of life and starting a new one is difficult.
We all understand it Gracie, this is why we are here for you, we love you and you are not alone. Venting is a good thing.
You and Mr. Grace have as nice of Thanksgiving as possible and be blessed for your future adventure into a new chapter of your lives.

Last edited:
24abad4d2ef5393fa42ac9af428641c9.jpg

The turkey is in the oven, Hombre is making our own version of McMuffins for breakfast, and soon I will be starting my side dishes. The household has mostly waked up and moving. It is a beautiful sunshiny crisp morning, just perfect for Thanksgiving Day. So wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving. Thank you for brightening my on line experience by being the really special, interesting, eclectic group you are here in the Coffee Shop. I really do love you guys.

happy-thanksgiving-quotes-wishes-turkey-gratitude-thankfulness.jpg

Am I on Candid Camera?

Do you want to be Bloodrock? Good to see you and happy you stopped by.

I know you have been here before but for some reason you aren't on the sign in sheet. And first timers receive a omplimentary beverage: Lethal or benign - however you like it.in case you didn't get that on your first visit.

Thanksgiving+Cocktail.JPG

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. Hope you're lucky enough today to get the turkey gizzard! Yummy.
Thanks, Bloodrock44 and his family are with us this Thanksgiving Day. He doesn't know it yet but we're saving him the neck.

For some the neck is a coveted piece. :) (Ours is boiled for broth for gravy.) It's good you guys can be together for Thanksgiving though. Family is so important.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. Hope you're lucky enough today to get the turkey gizzard! Yummy.
Thanks, Bloodrock44 and his family are with us this Thanksgiving Day. He doesn't know it yet but we're saving him the neck.

For some the neck is a coveted piece. :) (Ours is boiled for broth for gravy.) It's good you guys can be together for Thanksgiving though. Family is so important.

Little does Hoss know I'm a neck man. Good to see you Foxfyre! Much obliged for the drink.

My grandfather used to make giblets gravy.

Some of us still do using the already cooked liver, heart, and edible portion of the gizzard chopped up and added to the turkey gravy. I don't do that now because Hombre's gout makes it inadvisable to eat organ meats. But it was good when we still had it.

Would you believe that chicken gizzards, seasoned, battered, and fried, are a coveted delicacy for special occasions at our house? Our daughter ordered them for her last birthday spent with us. I've never tried frying a turkey gizzard though. Would imagine it would be really tough.

Forum List

Back