USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just finished the prep for a big pot of turkey barley soup. I made the stock over the past day and a half with the turkey carcass - and now the final soup is simmering away. This is actually my favorite part of hosting Thanksgiving (besides having the time with family and friends of course). Slow cooking is very cathartic.

Hey boe glad you stopped in! :)
How ya all been?

Thank you! I'm having a very good year indeed! Much to be thankful for. How about you?

Boe!!! So happy you stopped by. Don't be such a stranger, okay?

Okay! I'll stop by here more often....but it would be better if you added a wine bar.

;)

LOL. Our bar is stocked with anything anybody can conceive including the best of wine from Gypsy Rose and Boone's Farm on up. :)

Hello, first time i come here...tonight i am listening to Roy Orbison i adore that music, merci. my mother like that singer so it remind me of her. she is a wonderful women.

Dalia, so happy you dropped in. I am a HUGE Roy Orbison fan and happy to have a kindred spirit here in that regard. I see you are in France. Are you French?
I am paying $60 a month for unlimited everything through Metro PCS.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Yeah that's roughly what Verizon charges too for one phone. But with the bare bones plan we have, Hombre and I both run our phones for about $50/month. If I need to access the internet when we are away from home, I can use my Kindle Fire or if we're going overnight somewhere, I take along a laptop.
Damn, I think our cell phones are close to $300 a month.

Yes, but you probably have smartphones and plans that make the most of them. We really just wanted to make and receive calls and text once in awhile Verizon has been good to tailor simple plans like ours for people like us.
I think Ollie is at another board.
is 007 still around?

He is. He stops in every now and then, sort of like you and Olie do, but isn't really active right now.
I think Ollie is at another site.

Yes he is. I am at the same site though I do a lot of my serious debating at yet another; however USMB and especially the Coffee Shop remains my official board home, Ollie does drop in here just to say hi every now and then though.

I haven't been to that board in quite awhile. last time I was there his wife was having some health issues

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. WQ and I had a wonderful time with the family at my Mom's house. My lunch today was yummy leftovers.:thup:

macaroni-and-cheese.jpg

31e0845719900f3e2efed40d82715120.jpg
Did you save the turkey neck for WQ?

Nah, he's a breast man.:D

Who's breasts? :eusa_whistle:

Yum!

Some friends of mine used to complain about javelina ranging through housing on Ft Huachuca.

They stll do and they are everywhere from Tucson and every city in Coshise and Pima County.
They're pretty good eating as long as you are careful of that gland on their back.

Even when removed quickly after the kill it's still tough and gamey.
The trick is how to cook it so that it tastes like pork.

it's been so long, how do you attach a picture here?
I right click on a picture, then left click on Copy or Copy Picture then left click on the message box.Sometimes you have to left click drag across the picture to make it turn blue then drag it to the message box.

Well, it's cold enough for winter here, although snow is in short supply. They keep promising flurries which never materialize. I still have wind burned cheeks that sting and burn, even when I'm inside and warmed up.
I came to the conclusion that while young families bring their children to family celebrations and share stories and anecdotes about their offspring, the more...seasoned population does the same thing with their dogs. At both gatherings I attended on Thanksgiving, there were almost as many dogs as people in attendance.

Forum List

Back